Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iSynch with Address Book and Palm Desktop

iSynch with Address Book and Palm Desktop
rlmorel
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 2, 2003, 07:23 PM

Can anyone tell me if iSynch synchronizes your Palm Pilot, Palm Desktop, and Apple Address Book? I have been tearing my hair out...I finally got all my addresses into the Apple Address Book, but it will not pass those into Palm Desktop and then into my Palm Pilot. I completely uninstalled Palm Desktop, reset my Palm Pilot, but still no go. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks,
Bob Morel

"An argument isn't just saying 'No it isn't'!" "Yes it is!" "NO IT ISN'T!"

rsh
Forum Regular
Feb 2, 2003, 08:39 PM

Originally posted by rlmorel:
Can anyone tell me if iSynch synchronizes your Palm Pilot, Palm Desktop, and Apple Address Book?
You have to install the iSync Palm conduit, which is available from here .

I believe iSync conduit will disable the Palm desktop conduits and will instead sync your Palm to Address Book and iCal.

That said, it works very reliably. Still, I'm impatient for iCal to be updated with a more robust feature set. I've had to go back to Entourage (blech) because I need reliable category info and notes, which aren't yet available in iCal.

proux
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 2, 2003, 10:38 PM

You have to choose between AddressBook and PalmDesktop for each syncing.

One thing you can do is sync one after the other and force one way or two way syncing.

If only AddressBook had label and enveloppe printing.

rlmorel  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 2, 2003, 11:37 PM

Thanks very much for the answers. I had one hell of a time getting it to work...What I didn't realize was that you had to choose between Palm Desktop and iSynch. Not a hard choice there!

However, tomorrow I am going into work armed with a fresh Palm Pilot of data, with all the data in the correct fields and such. My plan is to force my Palm to overwrite all my contacts in my PC at work...Gee, I hope it works!

"An argument isn't just saying 'No it isn't'!" "Yes it is!" "NO IT ISN'T!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules