Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > David Hasselhoff taken to hospital for alcohol poisoning!

David Hasselhoff taken to hospital for alcohol poisoning!
Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2009, 01:54 AM

So, nearly two years after that video was released on Youtube showing "The Hoff" pathetically lying on the floor, wasted, eating a sandwich in front of his kids, David Hasselhoff has been rushed to a hospital for ALCOHOL POISONING.

Doesn't he realize the damage that he is doing to his family, himself, and his career?

Does he not understand the responsibility he has to children?

This man needs to wake up to reality, seek help for his self-inflicted disease, and start turning his life around!

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2009, 03:16 AM

interesting.

you'd think "The Hoff" could handle his liquor.

anyway, it's a disease — let's not get too sarcastic in the coming comments...

PB2K
Mac Elite
May 4, 2009, 05:08 AM

why are celebrities so important in our culture? they publicly desintegrate, actually they do the worst things regularly and in the rare occasion they help one another (like appearing on a charity) they are praised as if they are Jesus.
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

Phileas
Mac Elite
May 4, 2009, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
This man needs to wake up to reality, seek help for his self-inflicted disease, and start turning his life around!
People who develop an addiction to alcohol - or any other substance for that matter - are almost always self medicating. Meaning, there's a reason behind the addiction, it is rarely as easy as you make it sound.

Tiresias
May 4, 2009, 06:29 AM

I can't believe the linked article opens, "The Hoff nearly off’d himself this time!"

I guess the media is a still a machine that runs on the sex and tears of celebrities.

PB2K
Mac Elite
May 4, 2009, 08:40 AM

he should've sticked to his job at Knight industries
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2009, 09:11 AM

Is that supposed to be a Cody Dawg OP?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
May 4, 2009, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Dakar V View Post
Is that supposed to be a Cody Dawg OP?
My thoughts exactly.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 4, 2009, 10:43 AM

Yeah, but Cody Dawg used to always use a lot of:

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2009, 10:44 AM

No, that was PacHead.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 4, 2009, 10:46 AM

Wasn't Pachead that guy that said all sorts of crazy things about killing Muslims or something?

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2009, 10:47 AM

Yep.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 4, 2009, 10:50 AM

I thought that heart character was Cody Dawg for real? Is Kerrigan really Cody Dawg too? I'm so confused...

Also, who is Abe these days?

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
May 4, 2009, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
That statement is flat out ignorant. Alcoholism is hardly a "self-inflicted" disease.

Next time do some research before you pass judgement on something you obviously know nothing about.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2009, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I thought that heart character was Cody Dawg for real? Is Kerrigan really Cody Dawg too? I'm so confused...

Also, who is Abe these days?
Stop asking questions!

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2009, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
That statement is flat out ignorant. Alcoholism is hardly a "self-inflicted" disease.

Next time do some research before you pass judgement on something you obviously know nothing about.
This reply makes it seems like the OP really is Cody Dawg. She was notorious for throwing out random ideas and opinions as definitive fact and getting blasted by others for passing judgment on those people of whom she disapproved.

Maybe Kerrigan really is Cody Dawg. Although, whether or not that is the case, I think Kerrigan is becoming just as annoying to us collectively as Cody Dawg was back in the day.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2009, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post

It's self-inflicted because it is the individual who purchases and consumes the poison; this is a fact, not a statement of moral judgement. It is a disease because there is an underlying behavioral problem triggered by some psychological maladjustment or condition. I don't see where the "judgement" is in that assessment, I think you're being too sensitive and looking for insult where there is none

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 4, 2009, 03:04 PM

I understand that The Hoff is most likely self-medicating with his alcohol abuse, but I would've assumed that the video his daughter shot two years ago would've been a major wake-up call, causing him to seek some real help. If that didn't do it, then surely this will...

Well, hopefully it will.

starman
Clinically Insane
May 4, 2009, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy View Post
This reply makes it seems like the OP really is Cody Dawg. She was notorious for throwing out random ideas and opinions as definitive fact and getting blasted by others for passing judgment on those people of whom she disapproved.

Maybe Kerrigan really is Cody Dawg. Although, whether or not that is the case, I think Kerrigan is becoming just as annoying to us collectively as Cody Dawg was back in the day.
Such a wonderful post, dcmacdaddy. I can't wait to reply to you again, my friend.

tee hee

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 4, 2009, 03:59 PM

There are all sorts of people with alcohol related problems. Why are we putting the Hoff in the spotlight? Who cares?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
May 4, 2009, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
There are all sorts of people with alcohol related problems. Why are we putting the Hoff in the spotlight? Who cares?
Alcoholism in normal people can be expected - our lives suck. But celebrities have it all! How could they possibly feel any emptiness in their lives?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 4, 2009, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy View Post

My thought exactly...

-t

Cold Warrior
May 4, 2009, 09:33 PM

Personal gripes and whining go to PM. Swipes and thread crapping are poor form. Don't reply if you've nothing to contribute.
( Last edited by Cold Warrior; May 4, 2009 at 09:51 PM. )

Tiresias
May 5, 2009, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
I understand that The Hoff is most likely self-medicating with his alcohol abuse, but I would've assumed that the video his daughter shot two years ago would've been a major wake-up call, causing him to seek some real help. If that didn't do it, then surely this will...

Well, hopefully it will.
Read the linked news story: the Hoff has been hospitalized over 10 times for alcohol poisoning.

SeSawaya
Mac Elite
May 5, 2009, 08:43 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqA_xpOZcOU

Song by one of my favorite artists, Fred Eaglesmith. Video is not from him but it says it all really.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 5, 2009, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by toothpick_charlie View Post
Read the linked news story: the Hoff has been hospitalized over 10 times for alcohol poisoning.
Sorry. I met my quota for maximum amount of Hoff stories I permit myself to actually read.

Never mind. This guy is apparently screwed because of his issues. This just goes to show us (for the billionth time) that celebrities are often some of the most miserable, self-loathing people on the planet.

Forum Links
Forum Rules