Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Photoshop: bezier pen subway map?

Photoshop: bezier pen subway map?
Since EBCDIC
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 13, 2003, 11:55 AM

London Underground subway maps feature colored lines which gracefully bend to join straight segments which run at 45 degree angles.

I'm a raster kind of guy, so it's frustrating to me that I can't duplicate this is Photoshop in a vector mode. If I understand what I'm reading, I want to make a bezier path with the pen tools and then stroke it with a line that's 14 pixels wide in one of the primary colors.

Would someone please hand me a clue? I've read two web tutorials, but they assume I want to make some selection path, and don't talk about making lines with bends.

I'm using Photoshop 7. Many, many thanks.
Since EBCDIC
Using Macs since they were Lisas.

KidRed
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2003, 01:04 PM

Assuming you meerly want to stroke a path, then I can help.

Firstly and most important, if you want to stroke, you need to set up your stroking settings. What size brush (14pt hard) what color, and what opaquicty (100%).

Then, draw your line. Then, clik on the path tab in the pallette, then right click on the layer for the option to 'stroke path'. Each stroke should be on a new layer so it's easier o play with them later.

So new layer, pen tool, stroke.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

Forum Links
Forum Rules