Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Help me buy a nice Bluetooth PDA

Help me buy a nice Bluetooth PDA
MilkmanDan
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2004, 12:54 PM

So I'm over in Japan and I want to buy a PDA so I can use it as a Japanese dictionary, seeing as how nice little electronic ones cost about $200 anyhow. Can people give me some good recommendations on some Bluetooth PDAs? Even older models, seeing that I can find them rather cheap here in Japan.

My only requirements are that it has BT, and that I could maybe add 802.11b to it someday if I really felt like laying down the cash for it.

(I personally like the Zire 72, but can anyone tell me how its working for them, and I don't know if its sold in Japan at all)

Help me MacNN. You're my only hope.

MilkmanDan  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2004, 12:32 PM

Awwwwww......

chillinCHiEF
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2004, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by MilkmanDan:

(I personally like the Zire 72, but can anyone tell me how its working for them, and I don't know if its sold in Japan at all)

Help me MacNN. You're my only hope.

Well, I've only had it for a day (I was actually coming here to see if anybody could offer any tips on it), but it seems pretty good so far. The camera takes pretty good quality pics for a device that does way more than just digital photography. My only complaint so far is that the blue rubbery paint scratches too easy (should have seen that coming as the display model at the Apple store was significantly scratched up) and when I transfered my contracts with iSync, some phone numbers didn't get their area codes separated from the rest of the number, and I can't figure out why. Also, birthday info doesn't seem to transfer, and addresses end up mislabeled (home address come up as work, etc.).

Overall, its pretty cool. If you can get one for cheap in Japan, I'd say go for it.
---------------------------------
12" Powerbook G4 (1Ghz)
my first mac :)

MilkmanDan  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2004, 05:42 AM

Does anyone know if its available in Japan? How about old BT models of handhelds, any idea?

Forum Links
Forum Rules