Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Ending Time At College?

Ending Time At College?
Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2005, 10:52 PM

I'm just wondering if anyone has any stories of pranks/funny things they did before leaving College, high school, whatever as kinda farewells to people.

I'll go first
Normally I hate pranks, because there's the risk something could happen to something of mine that I can't afford to replace etc. But I formulated the what I thought would turn out to be the greatest bible college prank ever!... that said it sucked and I failed.
Story goes, a few weeks ago a guy, Nathan was talking in the sub-lounge and admitted he is genuinely homophobic... we're not talking hates gay people, we're talking is seriously afraid of em. Which is funny cause his personality is one of those rather cocky and confident and crap, rather short sporty type guy, again VERY cocky, we get along OK but in a kinda friendly jabbing type way. As well in dorm there's a fair number of jokes made that because I dress well, and don't talk about how hot the girls on campus are every three seconds I must be gay. So, on the last night, me and some other guys go into his room where he's sleeping, they kinda wait in the door way, and I climb into bed with the guy...
This is where it stops being funny... he looks up at me and says calmly... "What are you doing in my bed?"
That's it! I know... long drawn out story with nothing spectacular at the ending... I was hoping he'd freak out or something...

Sigh... oh well... hopefully you guys have better stories.

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2005, 10:57 PM

Superchicken, can you fix your sig by chance? Server down?

Thanks!

RonnieoftheRose
Apr 24, 2005, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Superchicken
I'm just wondering if anyone has any stories of pranks/funny things they did before leaving College, high school, whatever as kinda farewells to people.
I never played any pranks on fellow students but a month before my finals halfway through class I suddenly found myself totally bored listening to a teacher so I got up to leave. The teacher asked where I was going so I gave him the V sign (as in piss off) and said he was boring, I learned nothing useful and I quit. I never had so much respect from other students. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2005, 11:01 PM

Done... kept meaning to do that... been sooo busy... and unmotivated...

Originally Posted by RonnieoftheRose
I never played any pranks on fellow students but a month before my finals halfway through class I suddenly found myself totally bored listening to a teacher so I got up to leave. The teacher asked where I was going so I gave him the V sign (as in piss off) and said he was boring, I learned nothing useful and I quit. I never had so much respect from other students. I wouldn't recommend it though.
Sweet... I regularly would walk into small classes and sit down half an hour into the class... some profs didn't like that... and in New Testament last year (which for the record was more on Deutrocanotical works than anything else!) I would generally walk in write the quiz and leave. I was one of the first to start doing that... by the end of the year most of the students were doing it.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2005, 11:04 PM

Superchicken, for some reason your story was very surreal and anti-climactic. I suppose that is why it is so funny!

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2005, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
Superchicken, for some reason your story was very surreal and anti-climactic. I suppose that is why it is so funny!
Frick... now I sound like Napoleon Dynamite...

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2005, 12:06 AM

Done... kept meaning to do that... been sooo busy... and unmotivated...
Thanks again.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2005, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by ManOfSteal
Thanks again.
NO prob... though there will be a new one soon! I'm waiting for it to get uploaded... I WANT MY OWN SERVER AGAIN!

historylme
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2005, 02:25 AM

Last year in undergrad I broke my collar bone and separated my shoulder. Hence, I carried my bad arm underneath my button down shirts (that normally the shirts I wear). All the girls I some what knew would pity me and ask how I had last my arm and give me this, "I feel your pain" looks.
It would have gotten me laid had I been able to move those regions.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2005, 12:55 PM

oh man, where do i begin:

after seeing the movie, the good son, we strung up a dummy from the housing unit on 6th or 7th floor and after several 'i hate myself, this place sucks' conversations, launched him out and into a tree during finals.

same said tree i caught on fire the following semester. using a box of 8 1/2 x 11 fanfold paper, soaked the entire box of paper for a week inside large wastebaset filled with lighter fluid. light it and tossed one end as far as i could ,to and over the tree creating this flamming stream of paper.

would fill water balloons full of water and freeze them. head up to the ninth floor and drop them down the trash shoot (among other things we did with them) the first night after trash got picked up. while it doesn't sound like much, a 3am ice bomb down 9 stories into a metal trash bin makes some noise.

the gap at the bottom of the door was about an inch to two inches, large enough to pull back a sling shot filled with a bb or two and launch them down the hallway. nobody could figure out what was making the noise.

i had a rubber chicken and would make capes for it out of old shirts. soak the cape in lighter fluid and hang from the 8th floor swinging back and forth as far as i could while blasting chicken sound effects thru the stereo system.

great fun.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2005, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by residentEvil
oh man, where do i begin:

after seeing the movie, the good son, we strung up a dummy from the housing unit on 6th or 7th floor and after several 'i hate myself, this place sucks' conversations, launched him out and into a tree during finals.

same said tree i caught on fire the following semester. using a box of 8 1/2 x 11 fanfold paper, soaked the entire box of paper for a week inside large wastebaset filled with lighter fluid. light it and tossed one end as far as i could ,to and over the tree creating this flamming stream of paper.

would fill water balloons full of water and freeze them. head up to the ninth floor and drop them down the trash shoot (among other things we did with them) the first night after trash got picked up. while it doesn't sound like much, a 3am ice bomb down 9 stories into a metal trash bin makes some noise.

the gap at the bottom of the door was about an inch to two inches, large enough to pull back a sling shot filled with a bb or two and launch them down the hallway. nobody could figure out what was making the noise.

i had a rubber chicken and would make capes for it out of old shirts. soak the cape in lighter fluid and hang from the 8th floor swinging back and forth as far as i could while blasting chicken sound effects thru the stereo system.

great fun.
Have you ever considered counselling?

malvolio
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2005, 04:17 PM

Apart from massive overindulgence in drugs, statutory rape and a bit of arson, my college years were pretty uneventful.
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2005, 06:15 PM

Have you ever considered counselling?
why?

Forum Links
Forum Rules