Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Is It Wrong To Want The Inspirational Page Designer For the iTMS Canada Fired?

Is It Wrong To Want The Inspirational Page Designer For the iTMS Canada Fired?
Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2005, 07:32 PM

Today... I'm just frustrated with iTunes. I still do not understand how on earth Apple chooses who the heck is designing these pages. They finally got their act together and included under the browse option stuff that actually includes the words Christian and rock so you're not browsing through Amy Grant, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and a whole lota Statler Bros stuff when you're looking for the Supertones, TobyMac, Anberlin, Ace Troubleshooter etc.
But I swear... the Canadian store's "Inspirational" section where they seem to throw both my style of music and my mom's (Cause after all if a band mentions God they must belong together... I'm just glad we haven't gotten every bad country act thrown in.) into the same genre is the biggest piece of garbage I have ever seen.

Yesterday I think it was I bought Everyday Sunday's first album, I look over at the side thing that says the top albums, and I think that put Stand Up at number 8! Now maybe someone else bought it right near then too... but... I dono. I imagine they're not selling jack on the store as far as Christian music. And it's not because there is no market for it either mind you. Probably the biggest reason is nobody can find the stuff that they want! The page is absolutely full of junk! At any given refresh there are almost at least three albums on the store front in SOME WAY related to the Gathiers. Do you know how many times I have looked over and can remember seeing one of those albums on the top sellers? NEVER! I see stuff like Jeremy Camp, Mercy Me (I'm not a fan mind you), Audio A, Matt Redman etc over there all the time.

So I have to ask, does Apple not WANT to sell good music? Is Apple TRYING to shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to the Canadian management of the iTMS? The rest of the store looks fine as far as I have seen.

I have sent REPEATED feedback about the page and still nothing. I have to wonder if someone gets paid to do this... and they're just bad at their job... I don't really like the idea of possibly getting someone fired... but really... how hard is it to see that people are not buying what's being advertised on the store and that instead they should be switching to promoting something people want? I just found out that Audio Adrenaline (one of the biggest Christian acts on the planet) has a single on iTunes. Do you think the iTMS CND is is promoting it? Of course not... we wouldn't want people to spend money or anything...

porieux
Baninated
Jul 7, 2005, 07:35 PM

How ironic.

FulcrumPilot
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2005, 07:40 PM

<---- do this.
_,.
a solitary firefly flies at nite
into the darkness an endless flight
a million flashes of delight.

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2005, 07:41 PM

i dont think that stuff is "designed".

you're wanting a "content manager" or something fired. perhaps maybe even a "sales trend" consultant is being used to suggest what goes on the page.

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2005, 07:48 PM

I read it. Twice. And I don't understand your beef... Are you saying they somehow "rig" the "Today's Top Songs" and "Today's Top Albums"?

Don't you have this with your iTunes?

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2005, 07:48 PM

I don't think that this sorta thing is automated, I mean yes it's obviously a big web objects thing. But someone has to pick which adds go up. Like seriously take a look at the Canadian Inspirational Page then the US one. It's like night and day. The artists on the Canadian page have like 80s hair! I'm not even kidding!

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jul 7, 2005, 07:53 PM

Thread summary for those who tried and failed at Superchicken literacy testing:

Christians are weird.

They want their own genre, and when they get it, they complain that some of it is crap.

The end.

(P.S. Adobe hates alll Christians.)

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2005, 08:08 PM

This would all be fixed if Apple just hired me! Actually ten bucks says I could double their "Inspirational" music sales in two months

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2005, 08:23 PM

I don't normally do this, because its been done a million times, but really: get a blog.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2005, 08:39 PM

Bitch, you need a blog.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

porieux
Baninated
Jul 7, 2005, 08:46 PM

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2005, 08:53 PM

Give decaf another chance.

FulcrumPilot
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2005, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
Bitch, you need a blog.
_,.
a solitary firefly flies at nite
into the darkness an endless flight
a million flashes of delight.

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2005, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
Bitch, you need a blog.

he needs girls

porieux
Baninated
Jul 7, 2005, 09:13 PM

or IQ points

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 7, 2005, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Apple Pro Underwear
he needs girls
Girls love guys who fart with their iPods (see his other thread)

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 7, 2005, 09:17 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules