Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Very Weird USB Port Problem (Slow Motion Expose?)

Very Weird USB Port Problem (Slow Motion Expose?)
MrForgetable
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2005, 08:31 PM

So, I have two USB ports, one on each side of my 15" Powerbook. My Logitech MX500 is usually plugged into the left port, and brought around behind the laptop to the right side. Yesterday I decided to try left-hand mousing so I plugged it in on the right side and brought it around to the left. No harm right? That's what I thought! Switched back to my right hand ways (left side port) and all was going fine.

And up until just about now, I have a WEIRD Expose problem. I have my "Quick Switch" button programmed for F11, and F11 is programmed for the All Windows Expose. When I press it, it does the "All Windows" in really slow motion. I tried repairing permissions and MacJanitor and restarting the computer etc., and none of it seems to work.

I also tried the Quick Switch (programmed for F11) button with the mouse plugged into the right port and it is normal. And even in the left port, everything else (application switch, open app.) seems to be normal EXCEPT Expose.

Lastly, I programmed the button for F12, which is the "Hide all windows" Expose and it also moves in slow motion.

All the other seven buttons work fine in the left port as well.

I don't know whether it is an OS/Expose problem, or a problem with my USB port, but part of me is hoping I posted this in the wrong forum.

Thanks.
iamwhor3hay

MrForgetable  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2005, 08:40 PM

again, i post before i actually try everything. i just randomly switched the button to different things in the logitech control center and now all is fine.
iamwhor3hay

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Dec 28, 2005, 11:53 PM

Hold down SHIFT and do Expose. Or any fun effect in OS X. Rather fun.

This may be related to your problem and key mapping.

Forum Links
Forum Rules