Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Favorite Apple Hot Keys?!?!

Favorite Apple Hot Keys?!?! (Page 2)
Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Oct 15, 2007, 12:18 PM

edit: nm

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2007, 12:21 PM

Never worked on my PowerBook. I'll try again on my wireless tonight.

frankthetank966
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 15, 2007, 01:49 PM

Its so frustrating!
 16 GB 2nd Generation Black iPod Touch w/Contour Showcase
 White Core 2 Duo Macbook with: 2.0 GHz/1 GB Ram/80 GB Hard Drive

Fusion
Senior User
Oct 15, 2007, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by P View Post
That's what Exposé's Desktop feature does - at least for me (10.4.10 PPC).
Right. He said he was looking for a way to do it that did not exhibit that behavior. Try reading his post again. I think the option he's looking for is option+clicking the desktop... except with a key combination.

Originally Posted by JonoMarshall View Post
Good point, although the menu bar could still be populated by the last hidden app (akin to showing the desktop with expose), or it could default back to Finder? I can understand why that hasn't been implemented though, tah.
If the menu bar still still showed the menu for the last active app, but that app's windows were all hidden, again, the interface would appear to be broken. I believe this is one of the reasons why Expose's "show desktop" feature still shows a part of the window off to the side.

JonoMarshall
Senior User
Oct 16, 2007, 04:39 AM

I believe this is one of the reasons why Expose's "show desktop" feature still shows a part of the window off to the side.
But it shows all windows off to the sides, so I can't really see any function differences between using exposé to show the desktop and hiding your last app, but ahh well.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2007, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by JonoMarshall View Post
But it shows all windows off to the sides, so I can't really see any function differences between using exposé to show the desktop and hiding your last app, but ahh well.
The difference is that if you hide your last app (or even if you hide all other apps), there might still be windows — say, from the Finder, which is the same program as the desktop — in the way. Expose's show desktop feature just shows you the desktop, but it leaves it obvious that your whole interface hasn't just gone blank.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Forum Links
Forum Rules