Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > [dFold] Those rascals over at KWSN

[dFold] Those rascals over at KWSN
The_Equivocator
Mac Enthusiast
May 2, 2002, 02:16 AM

This was mentioned over at dFold -- Time to power up, but I think that it deserves its own thread...

So, it appears as if those gamesters over at The Knights Who Say Ni! are at it again. This time, Lawrence has decided to join our team with his 18 million completed structures (temporarily, of course).

There is a thread about it over on their boards. Let's have fun with these knights and let 'em know that they should be watching their backs.

[EDIT: Fixed UBB code]

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: The_Equivocator ]

Crunch Something

Shaktai
Mac Elite
May 2, 2002, 02:39 AM

Originally posted by The_Equivocator:
<STRONG>This was mentioned over at dFold -- Time to power up, but I think that it deserves its own thread...

So, it appears as if those gamesters over at The Knights Who Say Ni! are at it again. This time, Lawrence has decided to join our team with his 18 million completed structures (temporarily, of course).

There is a thread about it over on their boards. Let's have fun with these knights and let 'em know that they should be watching their backs.

</STRONG>
Well I left a little thanks and welcomed Lawerence to come on over and say howdy. Hey at least they know we are friendly sorts. We can party, we just do it with elegance, like our computers.

slipjack
Senior User
May 2, 2002, 03:20 AM

I'm not. KWSN can bite me.

Team MacNN :: Crush the competition :: crunching :: Dual Ghz G4/Radeon 9000/23" Cinema Display

wheeles
May 2, 2002, 04:30 AM

It's only a matter of time before we ride on past them under our own steam. Can't say I mind them hopping about, but it'll soon be irrelevant. After all you can't push the No.1 spot any higher.
Join the fun Join Team MacNN

Shaktai
Mac Elite
May 2, 2002, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by wheeles:
<STRONG>It's only a matter of time before we ride on past them under our own steam. Can't say I mind them hopping about, but it'll soon be irrelevant. After all you can't push the No.1 spot any higher. </STRONG>
Well said!

wangdoodleUBERO
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2002, 12:56 PM

will folding proteins give us insight on how to prevent genetic misfits such as lawrence from occuring?

perhaps let us remove some of those extra chromosomes?
[MA]Wang-X : Clan Macaddict

wangdoodle : SETI@home TeamMacaddict

wangdoodle : Ubero TeamMacNN

slipjack
Senior User
May 2, 2002, 01:53 PM

Originally posted by wangdoodleUBERO:
<STRONG>will folding proteins give us insight on how to prevent genetic misfits such as lawrence from occuring?

perhaps let us remove some of those extra chromosomes?</STRONG>
hee hee

Team MacNN :: Crush the competition :: crunching :: Dual Ghz G4/Radeon 9000/23" Cinema Display

reader50
Administrator
May 2, 2002, 03:52 PM

Be nice, they are just having fun like the rest of us. Besides, his units are currently in our ledger.

I have no problem with them parking as many units as they like in our accounts. We will treat them right.

wheeles
May 2, 2002, 05:40 PM

Looks like he's gone again. Short but sweet. Be funny if dFold rules changed so that the team not the individual retained the units. There'd be some rather red-faced knights as a result if they were not parked in KWSN.

jbcool
Senior User
May 2, 2002, 05:42 PM

Hey gang here is another way to look at it. We could try to get them all to come over. Then while they are here pay Howard to make it where once points have been given to a team they can not be moved to another team.

All these guys are doing is exploiting loopholes in the current system.
They are just having a little fun. If you read some of their forums they are a prettly easy going bunch. One group complained and they apologized and said they would not bother the team again.

Remember they are all DCing for a good cause and having fun while they do it.
Tag ur it.

wheeles
May 2, 2002, 06:17 PM

I'm still waiting from them to become the Knights who say "Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm". Lawrence has probably gone off to find a shrubbery.

For those of you unaware what on earth I am going on about, then this link might help.

jbcool
Senior User
May 2, 2002, 07:49 PM

Poor Lawrence has fallen off the horse again and landed on his head.
As week watch him ride off into the sunset in search of another kingdom where his skills as a knight that says bye. I'm guessing the sun was in the eyes as we watch poor Lawrence ride off the cliff.

To the we bid fairwell.
Tag ur it.

The_Equivocator  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 2, 2002, 08:42 PM

Originally posted by Millenium2001Guy over at the KWSN forums

Welcome back Lawrence! I see that you found a bunch of friendly folks over at Team MacNN.

I was reading through their forums and they seem to be a nice bunch!

Ni!
See... they definitely seem like a nice group of DCers. Don't give 'em too much of a hard time for team jumping.

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: The_Equivocator ]

Crunch Something

Forum Links
Forum Rules