Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > So, how many of you are going to WWDC next week?

So, how many of you are going to WWDC next week?
The_Equivocator
Mac Enthusiast
May 3, 2002, 04:34 PM

With WWDC just around the corner, I started to wonder how many of you MacNNers are going to be there. My plane leaves tomorrow afternoon, and I still have a problem set and a take-home test to finish for one of my classes. Unfortunately, when I get back, chances are I'm going to be really far behind in all of my work.

Oh well... can't say I'm complaining since I get to take a week off in California. (a nice break from MN...)

So, is any one else getting excited? Who's planning on going?

Crunch Something

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
May 3, 2002, 04:44 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Apr 26, 2004 at 12:45 AM. )

cheerios
Professional Poster
May 3, 2002, 04:50 PM

It's during finals :
The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

Leia Shoots Like a Girl
Banned
May 3, 2002, 04:57 PM

At $1200 a ticket you think anyone here can afford it?

cheerios
Professional Poster
May 3, 2002, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by cheerios:
<STRONG>It's during finals :</STRONG>
[edit] ****! oh well, this is juan...guess that's waht I get for installing Solaris until 7am and just getting up now.

yeah

and I have to say to anyone who can go [eric cartman voice]Screw you guys...I'm going home[/eric cartman voice]

[ 05-03-2002: Message edited by: cheerios ]
The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

The_Equivocator  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 3, 2002, 05:05 PM

Originally posted by Leia Shoots Like a Girl:
<STRONG>At $1200 a ticket you think anyone here can afford it?</STRONG>
Well, a lot of companies pay to have their employees go to conferences like these.

Also, as a student, I was able to apply for a scholarship through Apple. They pay the entrance fee, but I have to supply transportation and lodging. I found a place to stay with some friends who live close by, so that cuts my costs even more. The scholarship isn't too hard to get, either. I'm flying out there with two classmates who also applied and were accepted.

Crunch Something

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2002, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by The_Equivocator:
<STRONG>Well, a lot of companies pay to have their employees go to conferences like these.

Also, as a student, I was able to apply for a scholarship through Apple. They pay the entrance fee, but I have to supply transportation and lodging. I found a place to stay with some friends who live close by, so that cuts my costs even more. The scholarship isn't too hard to get, either. I'm flying out there with two classmates who also applied and were accepted.</STRONG>
How do you apply for a scholarship?

The_Equivocator  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 3, 2002, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by Adam Betts:
<STRONG>

How do you apply for a scholarship?</STRONG>
About a month or so before the conference, an application goes up on the Apple Developer Website. The only requirement is that you must have an ADC Student Membership ($100 for a year... and it's definitely worth it. Check out the thread about this in the Developer forum. I'd say most people are really happy with what they get through the membership).

The application is kind of long, and makes you answer questions such as:
Have you been to WWDC before? If so, why? If not, why not?
What are you interested in developing for?
What is your experience as a developer?
What do you hope to gain from attending WWDC?
etc.

It took a couple of hours to fill out, but it wasn't too bad. It's really nice that Apple offers a program like this that gives poor college students like me a chance to go to WWDC.

Crunch Something

Forum Links
Forum Rules