Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iSkin keyboard cover leaving marks on screen?

iSkin keyboard cover leaving marks on screen?
MilkmanDan
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2004, 07:01 AM

I have a 12in Powerbook rev c, and I've been using an iSkins keyboard cover for a month or so now to keep they keyboard dust free. I just recently cleaned the screen off, and now I'm starting to notice that the cover is leaving marks on my screen. Marks similar to those that appeared on the screens of the Powerbook G3s and the first white iBooks.

Any ideas besides ditching the cover? Has anyone else had issues with their iSkin cover?

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 28, 2004, 08:54 AM

Anything that touches the screen can leave marks there. That's to be expected.

I would recommend you get a screen protector, or put a piece of paper over the keyboard before you close the lid. Some people use the thin styrofoam thing that shipped with the machine.

quadraphonic
Sep 11, 2004, 11:42 PM

Keep using the cover, but don't leave it on when you close your PB. I've been using the iSkin and slipping the white sheet that came with the PB whenever I close it and have yet to see anything on my screen.
-quadraphonic
12" Rev C Powerbook G4, ComboDrive, 60GB HD, 256MB RAM

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2004, 12:12 AM

mine only leaves marks when i carry it, probably because the lid gets squeezed down when handled and moved around, thus allowing contact. otherwise it leaves no marks.

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

MilkmanDan  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2004, 12:37 AM

Hmmm... Good point. I've been carrying my 12in around a lot more in the last month then before, which could explain it. Though washing it off at a regular interval appears to be solving the issue.

Forum Links
Forum Rules