Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > When Did Religious Bigotry Become Acceptable In The Name of Tolerance?

When Did Religious Bigotry Become Acceptable In The Name of Tolerance?
Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 02:24 AM

I'm curious, I noticed this a lot in high school, and the lounge is one place that it's generally very prevalent. Granted I assume most of you don't see yourselves as bigoted especially the hard core bigots. But I've always found it funny how some people will in the same breathe tell me that I'm wrong for thinking what someone else chooses to do is wrong, because that makes me an intolerant person, which is bad.
Often people will tell me that even before they've heard what I have to say. I've been accused of being a homophobe by people solely on the basis of me being a Christian. This was by a friend of mine who later came out of the closet. I can assure you that I have no hate in me for gay people. And most people who know me fairly well will tell you that, including those people who I'm friends with who are gay.

Now, I've been trying to wrap my head around this for the longest time. It goes beyond stereo type obviously, when your friends are telling you, "Hey David what's the difference between Jesus and a painting? The painting only takes one nail" and that sorta thing. Or when teachers will give you worse marks if you mention anything about God. Or the fact that on resumes and stuff like that you're told not to put down anything about any religious activities or organizations, when telling some church kids that will eliminate a full page of volunteer work form their resume.

Acceptable bigotry has always been a bit of a curiosity. In Winnipeg and a lot of Canada it's perfectly socially acceptable and expected to speak ill of native people. They are seen as a drain on Canadian society, a drain on tax dollars, loud and annoying etc etc etc. In high school it was generally expected if you weren't a jock you hated the jocks, partly because if you weren't a jock the jocks hated you... if you're a nonsmoker you're allowed to look down on people caught in smoking. It's not PC to look down on gays, but if you're in a room alone with a bunch of straight males and nobody says anything when someone uses the word fag it's OK to just go on a about all those awful queers etc (I heard my mom call Stacey and Clinton from what not to wear queers today, I was like... ahh mom's a real class act). Of course Christianity is also fair game, especially if you're with people who went to college. Because after their first year they're convinced that they're smarter than everyone else, and since they don't know that many Christians that must mean Christians don't go to school which means Christians are stupid and they should look down on them. Add to that the mentally disabled, not entirely OK to make fun of someone who's physically incapable of doing something, but if they're mentally not there, then it's OK to be rude to them, talk rudely or crassly about them. Midgets there's another group it's OK to look down on. Ahh they're cute they're midgets, I bet with two lesbians they'd be really funny.

All this from the same people who will accuse me of some how being intolerant simply because I don't like everything they do. So... the question I pose at the end of my big long stream of thought...

Are you OK with turning a blind eye to someone else when they treat other people as less for no good reason? Or do you actually say something?

Ω
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2005, 02:27 AM

Like "christians" telling me I am going to "hell", when they know nothing about me?
"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ω
Like "christians" telling me I am going to "hell", when they know nothing about me?

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 02:28 AM

Someone needs a blog.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ω
More people you suggesting that all Christians think you're going to hell. Though I can tell you that hell is not somewhere that only those awful people with cartoony moustaches go. I'm pretty sure my grandmother who can no longer think straight because of mental problems that come with old age is going to go to hell. Which is a very hard thing to know about someone you care about.
But is it OK for you to look down on all Christians or even have that be your first thought when they're brought up, when there are MANY people who are Christians who have never done a thing against you. By the way I can not ever remember telling anyone they were going to go to hell.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit
Someone needs a blog.
No kidding. He already has that religious forum of his but he wants to "spread the word" as it were.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 02:38 AM

Someone needs a blog.
Oh, I sarcastically apologize for taking seducing you away from such worthwhile topics as "which sport produces the best female bodies?" and "Jennifer Lopez's Ass Still Biggy" though I'm SURE you've made sure to troll those authors too.

By the way if you have nothing better to do than go to posts that you decide before you've even read that you don't say anything constructive how bout we make a deal? I'll get a blog, if you get something better to do than troll my post... like say a girl friend... or if that's to hard... how bout a chia pet?

holdonamoment
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 14, 2005, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ω
And when have you ever actually heard that said?
I keep hearing people say Christian's believe that but I've never heard a Christian say it. Not even in the Bible-belt. Can you honestly say you have or is this simply a stock response?

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
No kidding. He already has that religious forum of his but he wants to "spread the word" as it were.
Right, my post is a secret attempt to convert you to Christianity! Every third letter can actually be taken out of every word and made into a full fledged sermon! Get out your decoder rings kiddies. the Chicken is going to drag you kicking and screaming to Jesus!

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by holdonamoment
I keep hearing people say Christian's believe that but I've never heard a Christian say it. Not even in the Bible-belt. Can you honestly say you have or is this simply a stock response?
I get that too up here in Manitoba. I worked at Sears last year and I was talking to a guy in from hardware on our break about how he thinks that everyone needs something to believe in regardless otherwise it's just hopeless (He's agnostic but is dating someone who wants to be an Anglican priest). And a girl walks in, "Yah well every Christian I've known has tried to convert me in five minutes or less!" He friend walks in behind her, "When I have I ever tried to convert you!?"

I just asked one of the kids who comes to our youth group if he thinks Christians are intolerant, he said, "Yup all the ones I've ever met have been." And I was like... wow... seriously? You think I'm intolerant? And he was like, "Oh! You said INTOLERANT, I thought you wrote tolerant, no you guys are great, I love hanging out with you guys, it's like no pressure."

I think there's just one bitter lady out there who wants to give Christians a bad name... she tells people they're going to hell... and then goes home and laughs to herself in a dark corner...

BasketofPuppies
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 02:44 AM

Nothing new here. Most people who claim to be open minded are just bigots for the opposite cause and make blanket assumptions about "the enemy."

As this thread proves.
inscrutable impenetrable impregnable inconceivable

paul w
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2005, 02:47 AM

actually, chicken, if anyone is pushing me away from "Christianity" in this forum it's you and silly whiny threads like these.

sure you have a right to post this stuff, but really most of us are here for some mac or tech related talk. The other stuff get's thrown in for laughs, good times etc.

now if you really want to get my attention you'll go back to talking about your attraction to boys.

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 14, 2005, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Superchicken
Are you OK with turning a blind eye to someone else when they treat other people as less for no good reason?
No.
Or do you actually say something?
Depends. I don't know what you're talking about.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by BasketofPuppies
Nothing new here. Most people who claim to be open minded are just bigots for the opposite cause and make blanket assumptions about "the enemy."

As this thread proves.
On that note, when did open mindedness become the golden rule anyway!? And apparently being narrow minded is like the biggest insult now. Apparently if I haven't tried a dildo up my nether regions, while making good use of a bong, and listening to Chinese pop music I'm some sort of narrow minded suite wearing nazi. And on that thought, since when did wearing a suite become so bad? I just bought an awesome blue pinstriped one with a kinda of bright limey coloured dress shirt that I look absolutely killer in!

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by paul w
actually, chicken, if anyone is pushing me away from "Christianity" in this forum it's you and silly whiny threads like these.

sure you have a right to post this stuff, but really most of us are here for some mac or tech related talk. The other stuff get's thrown in for laughs, good times etc.

now if you really want to get my attention you'll go back to talking about your attraction to boys.
So you're going to dismiss an entire religion of that consists of over a billion people, because of one person you don't care for on a forum? That's impressive.
And my attraction to boys? No, that was the Michael Jackson thread three threads down.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by AKcrab
Depends. I don't know what you're talking about.
For example, this year at school we had two guys from Texas staying across the hall from me in dorm. Early on in the year they were ranting about those awful homos. I piped up and said, I don't know if that's acceptable talk where you're from, but up here it would be considered very rude to call a gay person a homo. They looked at me like an idiot or like I might not be Christian or something. The whole thing turned into a conversation between me, then and several other people in dorm that lasted over an hour, probably. There were several people who felt uncomfortable because of talk like that but did not feel comfortable standing up against it. After that they chose to be a fair bit more respectful of other people, you know loving your neighbour and such.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ω
You know, I keep hearing about these so called Christians doing this.

And I have grown up around Christians in my 32 years on this earth.

Not once did I hear it.
Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
This is humorous considering you have probably started more religious threads in this forum than anyone else.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 02:56 AM

Wow, almost exactly what I said.

paul w
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2005, 02:58 AM

never said I was dismissing christianity, just don't think you're being very effective in promoting it with your incessant whining.

You see- you just made an assumption and got snarky with me with your "oh so you don't agree with a billion people? impressive" comment. Thanks for that.

I'd just add that those billion people hardly see Christianity the same way- far from it in fact.

NOW- boys boys boys!!!!!

edit: why does teh superchicken think I'm dismissing Christianity because of him? why do I care?
( Last edited by paul w; Jun 14, 2005 at 03:10 AM. )

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 03:04 AM

never said I was dismissing christianity, just don't think you're being very effective in promoting it with your incessant whining.

You see- you just made an assumption and got snarky with me with your "oh so you don't agree with a billion people? impressive" comment. Thanks for that.

I'd just add that those billion people hardly see Christianity the same way- far from it in fact.

NOW- boys boys boys!!!!!
I didn't suggest you were stupid if you don't believe the same thing as a billion people, because there are obviously more than a billion people who are not Christian. What I did suggest is that it was foolish to suggest that you would dismiss the world's largest religion based on someone on a forum. Granted perhaps you are that foolish but I think despite my lack of care for your comment you are not that stupid. So I was simply calling exaggeration on your initial "snarky" comment.

And that was necessary why? -TI
( Last edited by ThinkInsane; Jun 15, 2005 at 09:11 PM. )

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 03:08 AM

= (NOT WORK SAFE)
Don't ever do that again.
( Last edited by ThinkInsane; Jun 15, 2005 at 09:12 PM. )

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Zimphire
Don't ever do that again.
I can't believe you clicked that!

paul w
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2005, 03:14 AM

Uriel
Forum Regular
Jun 14, 2005, 03:15 AM

I don't post on these forums a lot, so I probably wont get much respect for this post, but that's ok.

I'm a Christian, yup. I love God more than anything, but at the same time I don't believe we should constantly badger people about it. I have multiple friends that aren't Christians, they know I disagree with some of the stuff they do, but not once did I stop caring for them.

Superchicken what gets to me is how you can profess your Christianity and then when someone attacks you on it all you can do is respond with insults. How can you professing to be in love with a loving God when you can't respond kindly to an insult?

You want to change lives? Live what you preach and people will notice a difference. You want to be labelled someone who bashes people over the head constantly? Talk, talk talk but never do....

That's my 2 cents, I will now resume my trolling.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Uriel
Superchicken what gets to me is how you can profess your Christianity and then when someone attacks you on it all you can do is respond with insults. How can you professing to be in love with a loving God when you can't respond kindly to an insult?

You want to change lives? Live what you preach and people will notice a difference. You want to be labelled someone who bashes people over the head constantly? Talk, talk talk but never do....

That's my 2 cents, I will now resume my trolling.
Quick suggestion. NEVER suggest someone doesn't live what they preach. It's a good rule of thumb, even if you REALLY think that someone's an awful and bad person that you need to some how straighten out by telling them they don't adhere to their own standards. You will ALWAYS come off as a huge ass. As you just did towards me.

I should also note, that your SN Uriel seems to me to hardly be something that after a quick google I can see someone who is apparently a Christian should really be using as their SN. Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't seem to be connected with thinkings that jive too very well with things like... oh let's say Scripture?

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 03:28 AM

By the way, this is NOT a political thread! Why the **** was it moved?

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 03:29 AM

Because he is human. And being human, is able to err.

I guess you have never done anything that wasn't Christ like?

log, eye, etc

Uriel
Forum Regular
Jun 14, 2005, 03:31 AM

I didn't suggest it I was making a statement.

I was stating that your actions on this board are exactly the oppisate of a kind loving God in many circumstances. Are any of us perfect? No. But perhaps insulting people isn't the best idea.

I did not say your life doesn't reflect it, I just stated that in this thread and others you seem very quick to jump to the personal insults. That is not very appropriate.

You can call me an "ass" or whatever else. That's ok. Also, why shouldn't I tell someone to live what they preach? Isn't not practicing what you preach hypocritical? I'm sorry but if Christ didn't practice what he preached we shouldn't be Christians. And if you feel like you can say your a Christian but not be called up when you don't act like one perhaps you should think about that.

I don't mean to attack you as a person, I'm not trying to start a fight. Only trying to point out how your coming across to everyone. I wish you the best.

Uriel
Forum Regular
Jun 14, 2005, 03:34 AM

I totally agree that humans err. Your right, we all do. I apologize for coming across as arrogant in that post of mine.

My statement was meant to bring to light how contridctory his post were in this thread. And perhaps he could try in the future to be more polite to the people that try to make him mad.

I don't condemn messing up. I worry about letting a problem continue once recognized.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 03:40 AM

I'm sorry but suggesting someone get a chia pet or a girl friend in my opinion is hardly rude. I say the same sort of things to my friends. I mean really, I think more than I need to start being nicer to people, you need to get a thicker skin and stop getting offended on other people's behaves.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 03:45 AM

I totally agree that humans err. Your right, we all do. I apologize for coming across as arrogant in that post of mine.

My statement was meant to bring to light how contridctory his post were in this thread. And perhaps he could try in the future to be more polite to the people that try to make him mad.
I have come to find such things are better welcomed in a private message.

Starts less flames that way too.

I realize you didn't mean any harm in it. But hey.

Uriel
Forum Regular
Jun 14, 2005, 03:46 AM

Bro,
I'm sorry but I don't feel that calling someone an "ass" is nice or something that I would say to my friends.

I'm not even offended at the way you behave, just wanted to let you know that you are coming across to me as a certain way that I doubt you want to portray. I assume if I see it that way than maybe others reading your post would see it that way and think the same.

I was hoping to help your case a bit and perhaps some of the rep you carry. That is all.

Uriel
Forum Regular
Jun 14, 2005, 03:48 AM

You're correct Zimph. I apologize for creating a problem here. SuperChicken if you have anything else to say you are welcome to PM me privately. Thanks.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 03:49 AM

I didn't suggest it I was making a statement.

I was stating that your actions on this board are exactly the oppisate of a kind loving God in many circumstances. Are any of us perfect? No. But perhaps insulting people isn't the best idea.

I did not say your life doesn't reflect it, I just stated that in this thread and others you seem very quick to jump to the personal insults. That is not very appropriate.

You can call me an "ass" or whatever else. That's ok. Also, why shouldn't I tell someone to live what they preach? Isn't not practicing what you preach hypocritical? I'm sorry but if Christ didn't practice what he preached we shouldn't be Christians. And if you feel like you can say your a Christian but not be called up when you don't act like one perhaps you should think about that.

I don't mean to attack you as a person, I'm not trying to start a fight. Only trying to point out how your coming across to everyone. I wish you the best.
I think either you're trying to pick a fight, or over sensitive... either that or an account created by someone who wants to have a little fun without opening up their main SN/reputation through the sorts of things you're saying.

I did not call you an ass for suggesting I live what I preach. I said you're an ass because you're implying that I don't live what I preach. You're accusing me of making personal attacks on people when I have not made any. For the most part if I have said anything even impolite to anyone it has not been about any personal information I may know about them, at worst I suggested someone get a girl friend, and that someone else was heavily exaggerating.
You on the other hand have suggested that someone is a hypocrite simply for displaying a dry wit. If you want to start digging around in my eye socket I'm sure you'll find all sorts of interesting things. However make sure to not hit me in the head with what's in your own eye. And simply because you see it jammed in your own socket does not mean that it is actually in mine.

By the way, if you want to get scripturally accurate here, you should have come to me in private. Which makes me think that likely you have less care as to whether or not I change my sinful ways, as you care about looking like a good pretentious Christian.

How bout I don't worry about whether or not I meet your standard of what a good Christian is, and instead carry on with the prep work for the Bible study I'll be leading for my youth group kids in a few weeks. And you can get on with whatever you do for God, assuming you do a lot of that living out of your faith that you're implying I do not.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 03:49 AM

You're correct Zimph. I apologize for creating a problem here. SuperChicken if you have anything else to say you are welcome to PM me privately. Thanks.
See you are a nice guy. And you just proved it here.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Zimphire
See you are a nice guy. And you just proved it here.
He capitalized the C in Superchicken... how is that nice? He might as well have just eaten my first born! What the heck happened to your moral compass Zimph! Fah... pinko commies, the lot of ya!

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 14, 2005, 04:02 AM

Quick suggestion. NEVER suggest someone doesn't live what they preach. It's a good rule of thumb, even if you REALLY think that someone's an awful and bad person that you need to some how straighten out by telling them they don't adhere to their own standards. You will ALWAYS come off as a huge ass. As you just did towards me.
Take the stick out of your own eye first. He's right. I was polite to you through most of your shiny locked thread, and every single one of your responses basically worked out to ad hominem against me for not being Christian. I even asked you to stop and you came back with another insult along the same vein. Is that the love of Christ? Is that your special way of being a light unto the world?

Take responsibility for your actions and stop telling people not to do the exact thing Jesus and the apostles spent their entire ministries doing: calling hypocrites on their ********.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 04:12 AM

ugh

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
Take the stick out of your own eye first. He's right. I was polite to you through most of your shiny locked thread, and every single one of your responses basically worked out to ad hominem against me for not being Christian. I even asked you to stop and you came back with another insult along the same vein. Is that the love of Christ? Is that your special way of being a light unto the world?

Take responsibility for your actions and stop telling people not to do the exact thing Jesus and the apostles spent their entire ministries doing: calling hypocrites on their ********.
Are the Elephants purple in your world too?

Wait wait wait... if we're going to play the lieing game today...

I'm a hot leggy blonde, with an awesome rack! You can visit my website and view my webcame at chuckitisfullofcrap.com

For someone who is not a Christian you seem to be willing to put yourself ahead as an authority as to what is indicative of a characteristic of my faith. Would you like to discuss the doctrine of predestination since you feel a need to tell me how to live my faith, perhaps you can inlighten me on the finer points of it? Oh wait.. I didn't realize you were just talking out of your...

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 14, 2005, 04:25 AM

Actually, I could discuss the doctrine of predestination if you were genuinely interested in the topic. Just because I'm not Christian anymore doesn't mean I'm stupid about it. But you're not genuinely interested; you just want to keep insulting me. So I'm going to grab something to eat instead.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 04:28 AM

Actually, I could discuss the doctrine of predestination if you were genuinely interested in the topic. Just because I'm not Christian anymore doesn't mean I'm stupid about it. But you're not genuinely interested; you just want to keep insulting me. So I'm going to grab something to eat instead.
Well you dismiss any posts that I made addressing what you said. And generally in a very rude manner... it was either make make fun comments about leggy blondes or continue to refute your statements in a continually escalating manner. Personally I find my web cam to be a lot more fun than that... by the way you didn't answer me... are the elephants purple?

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 04:45 AM

As a small aside I should say... I feel extremely sarcastic tonight...

Like... really sarcastic... like I could accuse your mother of being a half alien bush supporting nazi pop star without even flinching... I think... I'm scarring myself a lil bit...

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2005, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ω
After reading through this thread, I should probably know better than to answer this.
Yes, I have heard it many times. The first time was on a ski trip to Colorado with the Young Life group from Evansville/Newburgh, IN area. We had cabin time every night to talk about religious stuff. The first night, the head counselor from a Presbyterian church said my Hindu friend was going to hell unless he converted. The counselor even liked the Hindu guy, as he came to the Young Life meetings every Wednesday night. I told him I wouldn't be coming to the cabin time anymore after he said that.

I have also heard that same phrase used against many different people across the midwest. If you live in Phoenix, go down to Mill Avenue on a Fri or Sat night and walk around until the crazies come up to tell you you're going to hell unless you accept Jesus Christ as your saviour. I know I've seen it other places as well. I know it's not typical of all christians, but it is very widespread in the lower class, extremely pious demographic. Probably most people who do believe that are nice enough not bother their friends with their hellbound opinion.

Ω
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2005, 06:28 AM

I have not read the rest of this thread between where this one has popped out and your post, so I have no idea where this thread has gone.

Have I heard this?

Yes I have, from a guy who considers himself to be a very good christian. According to him my arse is going to fry in the lake of fire. As he puts it, "do not underestimate the power of the blessing"!!!

I am a "sinner", yet I consider him weak. I do what "I" think is morally right, he must consult a book or watch a "prophet" on TV.
"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jun 14, 2005, 06:34 AM

It became acceptable when people decided that a morality based on something more universal than whim and fashion was oppressive.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 14, 2005, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Millennium
It became acceptable when people decided that a morality based on something more universal than whim and fashion was oppressive.
Name a faith that's not "whim".

Kilbey
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 10:02 AM

Someone needs a blog.
He asked a question. He's trying to start a dialog here. That doesn't happen in a blog.

Now if he said: "I hate religious bigotry, too many people accept it." Then it would be blog material.

But no, he essentially said: "I hate religious bigotry. Why are people so intolerant?" Perfect fodder for the war/politics/religion forum.

See the difference?

Kilbey
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 10:03 AM

edit: why does teh superchicken think I'm dismissing Christianity because of him? why do I care?
I think here is your answer.

Kilbey
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 10:06 AM

AHEM.... [/awaitsapology]

Kilbey
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 10:18 AM

I guess you don't understand the whole doctrine of having the inability of losing your salvation. If you were truly a Christian before, then you wouldn't not be a Christian anymore.

Show me a situation in the Bible where someone has lost their Christianity.

Forum Links
Forum Rules