Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here*

Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here* (Page 15)
cherring
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2005, 10:04 PM

Waterfield Cargo and Cozmo question: Does anyone know if either of these bags will stand up on their own when place on the floor with or without the laptop in it?
( Last edited by cherring; May 25, 2005 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Change title)

roadracr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2005, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by cherring
Waterfield Cargo and Cozmo question: Does anyone know if either of these bags will stand up on their own when place on the floor with or without the laptop in it?
I own the Waterfield Cargo in the large size. This bag stands fine on its own with or without the PB. The only caveat is if you fully load the front flap with gear (power brick, PDA, phone, wallet, etc.) and take the computer out of the main compartment, the bag is front heavy. If the main compartment or back sleeve has other cargo (folders, etc.) this balances it out. I've owned the WF Cargo for two months now and it is an outstanding piece of luggage. The computer sleeve by itself is a great product. Waterfield has great customer service; if you buy one and don't like it, return it.
G4 PB15, 1.67 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 128 MB VRAM, 100 GB HD
G4 iMac20, 1.25 GHz, 768 MB RAM, 160 MB HD

cherring
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 26, 2005, 10:51 AM

Does anyone have the waterfield cozmo or racer x? care to give detailed feedback about those models?

ZXspectrum
Dedicated MacNNer
May 28, 2005, 05:47 PM

iluvmymactoo
Forum Regular
May 30, 2005, 04:26 AM

The newest sleeve on the market (just released 30/5/05) is STM's Rebound.

Rebound is a laptop portfolio, totally enclosing your laptop and protecting it from shock, bumps and scratches. It's made from high resistance polyurethane foam that seems rigid on first touch, but actually compresses and indents when you put pressure on it. The foam then slowly expands and reverts to its original condition.

This slow compression and rebound release acts as a shock absorber, spreading the impact of sudden bumps and jolts and generally providing a higher level of protection.
Here's where you can take a look at the STM Rebound I just bought one and it's truly fantastic for my PowerBook.
PowerBook 12" Combo 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 100GB HDD - Yep it's PPC! I'll wait for the 3rd generation MacTel when they're at their best :)

rareflares
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 31, 2005, 11:54 PM

can anyone recommend a relatively cheap, but good quality laptop backpack for a student that also needs to carry books?

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2005, 03:57 AM

rareflares: Check out Ebags. They have laptop backpacks ranging from aboout $40-$200. Good luck

ubbman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 1, 2005, 05:29 AM

Anyone tried this one:

http://www.radtech.us/Products/NeoCase.aspx

If so, what do you think?

harry123
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2005, 08:39 AM

Not sure if it's ok to post this, but I thought I'd let folk know that I'm selling a new Acme Made Designer Slim on Ebay (6/2/05). Great chance to pick a very cool bag up for a discount. It was a gift, and I've just got too many bags.

danshe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 3, 2005, 02:23 AM

This is such a helpful thread. I think I've read just about every review on every bag around. I was just about ready to order an axio when I discovered that osprey makes backpack and messengers. I ordered the flux. I'll let you know how it works.
http://www.ospreypacks.com/daytool_intro.htm

Also for those interested in timbuk2 this site has a couple of styles almost half off. I don't know what size laptop they fit.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/EUI...9F9D806D7CE17F

PB2K
Mac Elite
Jun 7, 2005, 04:16 AM

LEATHER BACKPACK REQUEST

I want to quit the trendy colorful bags. but i don't want a boring black samsonite bag either.

what i am looking for is a stylish brown leather backpack that will last for many years, (brown leather ages nicely) price is not really important , though at some point it will become more appealing to have one custommade by a leathershop. any good brands that sell leather backpacks that could fit a powerbook 17"
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

hanumanji
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 7, 2005, 05:59 PM

I have to say that tucano sleeves are the nicest and they feel safe because they are neoprene, I work at a hostel and a guy from switzerland showed me his and i ordered on that day......
I also just purchased a great lap top backpack, it is a Jansport Modus that is mellow(no crazy logos )just a clean functional pack, great little compartments, even comes with a case for you ipod or camera.
h

PB2K
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2005, 07:51 AM

searching for my perfect leather bag i bought 2 different models i am not looking for whatsoever but will come in handy at special occasions :

fits a powerbook 17". yes it does ! only 40 euro's
and

only 45 euro's
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

jlemon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 13, 2005, 11:59 AM

After browsing through this thread and the various product link websites, I ended up buying a racer-x bag from Waterfield Designs for my 17" powerbook. It arrived promptly, and I'm very pleased with it - there are several nice touches to the bag.

I was looking for a simple briefcase style carrier that I could use to transport the laptop on a daily basis between home to work, between all the various conference rooms in my workplace when attending meetings, and for my quarterly airplane trips. I didn't want a full cargo/messenger bag, but just something that would hold the powerbook, power cords, iSight, pcmcia cards, and perhaps a notebook and paperback book for traveling. I found that with several bag designs, you're supposed to put the powerbook in a separate sleeve, and then put the sleeve/powerbook in the bag - essentially, the bag is a general purpose holder. I wanted something simpler - a special purpose holder where you just unzip the compartment and drop in (or remove) the powerbook, without worrying about finding/losing a sleeve.

The racer-x was almost exactly what I was looking for. The bag's height and depth are just a little larger than a 17" powerbook, and its width at the base is around 4". There is a solid insert in the base, so it will easily stand up even when completely empty. There are two zippered compartments - the one that holds the powerbook has a built in sleeve that appears to be neoprene, with felt-like lips covering the top 2" of the slot. There is also a felt/neoprene flap that sits over the top, underneath the zipper, so the powerbook does not get scratched from the zipper. This compartment has hard sidewalls on both sides extending all the way to the top, affording more protection.

The other compartment has foam-like padding on both sides, bright gold interior, and 7 separate pockets on the side walls for storing miscellaneous stuff in. The inside wall has 3 pockets at arranged across the top 2/3, and 2 pockets on the bottom 1/3 of the sidewall, made of a stretchy mesh fabric. Each of these pockets has their own nylon loop handle at the top. The outside wall has 2 loose non-stretchable mesh pockets across the middle half of the wall. The compartment bottom is roughly 1" in width, also padded. I tend to just toss the power supply in the middle and zip it up, but there is plenty of room to hold several paperback books, without distorting the shape of the bag.

There is a single outside pocket, on the same side as the laptop compartment, this is open at the top, and zippered across tthe bottom. This is great for traveling, as you can unzipper the bottom and put the bag over the extensible handle of your wheeled luggage - useful when you have to trek all the way across o'hare to catch a connecting flight. There are 2 sturdy loops and d-rings for attaching a shoulder strap, the attachmen points for the rings are at the center on one side, and the edge on the other, so the bag fits better when slung over your shoulder. A shoulder strap is included, with the center containing a thick, soft, stretchy rubberized pad, about 3"x8", with swivel links and snaps on the ends. The center handle is a one-piece rubber mountain-bike style grip, located between the two zippered compartments, making it really easy to grab and go. There are also 2 nylon loops on the outside, with minimal clearance, that look like they are useful for clipping on a cell phone or the like.

The overall finish of the bag is great - no loose threads or seams, and good stitching throughout - you get the feeling that it isn't going to fall apart on you. The entire package cost $139, not the cheapest bag out there. The gripes gripes I have with the bag are fairly minor: I wish there was a third pocket somewhere for holding papers, and a zippered compartment for holding coins (but you can get a zippered bag for this purpose). It would also be nice if this came in leather, but that would proably drive the price up as well.

anticon
Jun 16, 2005, 12:12 PM

thinking about getting a McBains lovechild large from here http://www.karlu.com/product_info.php?products_id=6798{1}452

anyone got this for their 15" aluminium powerbook. How does it fit? Is there room for my adapter and other leads. can't seem to find many shots of the inner compartments.
cheers for the help

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 16, 2005, 03:38 PM

(forgive me if this has been mentioned previously in this thread; 18 pages was too daunting at this time of day)

I really want the Brenthaven Fusion Flex bag for my PowerBook:

But it only goes up to 15" PB's, and mine is a 17". I searched through all the links in Lattimer's post, and I couldn't find any that were like it and went up to 17" anywhere—can the laptop shoulder bag gurus here point me to a place where I might find that's as close as possible to the Fusion Flex, but can hold a 17" PB (and is preferably not more expensive than the Fusion Flex, either; $179 is already quite a wad of money)?

I humbly thank anyone who can help me in this regard

ubbman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 20, 2005, 12:15 AM

Is there a close-fitting sleeve that also has a pocket for the power adapter, etc.?

Thanks.

Dinan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 20, 2005, 04:40 PM

Does anyone have the Spire Fuse backpack? I've read some reviews on it and it looks pretty solid, so I'm almost set on buying it. Any comments on this product?
Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz 15" // 2GB RAM // 128 vRAM // 80GB HD // Combo Drive

stephanielamb
Jun 21, 2005, 10:07 AM

I bought one of these yesterday! They're on sale at a great price! My coworker just bought the red one.. I saw it and was like 'whooa.. I need one' She got hers for her 17" but mine is a 15" and it should still fit pretty well.

fr33daddy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 23, 2005, 01:58 PM

I am about to order my first Apple computer, a 12" PB, and am in need of a case. As of right now, I am planning on getting the STM Small Alley messenger bag, but the picture on the apple site and the picture on the STM site look drastically different.

Can anyone tell me anything about this bag?

mad cow disease
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 24, 2005, 07:45 PM

As if it hasn't been said enough already, another thumbs up for Waterfield sleeves. I got one on the cheap off of eBay and am pleasantly suprised with it.

Now all I have to do is pray that my Very Busy Man crumpler bag makes it in before Wednesday...

jms698
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 8, 2005, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by iluvmymactoo
The newest sleeve on the market (just released 30/5/05) is STM's Rebound. Here's where you can take a look at the STM Rebound I just bought one and it's truly fantastic for my PowerBook.
Wow. It looks like just the sleeve I'm looking for. From the dimensions it seems to be the only sleeve which perfectly fits the 12" Powerbook. All other sleeve cases are way bigger (so that they can fit other 12 laptops).

However, I wonder, could the zippers scratch the laptop? Is there a lip between zipper and laptop? Is there protection for the laptop being dropped on it's side (same question really)? What does the inside of the case look like?

iluvmymactoo, could you post some close-up pictures?

MktgMacR
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 8, 2005, 11:19 AM

What's the better backpack for 17 inch - a Booq Boa XL or a Crumpler?

iDORK
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2005, 08:33 AM

That thing looks hot! But the price?

The TimBuk2 Zip Briefcase is pretty cool.

Originally Posted by ubbman
Anyone tried this one:

http://www.radtech.us/Products/NeoCase.aspx

If so, what do you think?

Fries
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 14, 2005, 09:44 AM

Does anyone know where I can find this http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=19 in Sydney, specifically a store or a mall? My brother's there right now.

Powersleeve 15"

Thanks!

Mustang67
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 14, 2005, 06:19 PM

Although some were lazy, i did look through "most" of the pages in this verrrrrrrry helpful thread that I have recommended to many others.

-I have a 15.2 Aluminum Powerbook (pride and joy)
-Im an incoming freshmen at The George Washington University studying international affairs.

The campus is urban with a lot of walking. This is my problem: after looking at the pages I think i settled on the Timbuk2 Commuter http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/catalog/c...2?categoryId=7 Which seems to be a favorite (and reasonably priced) laptop on this forum.

Im new to this messenger style pack, and was wondering if it was ideal for a college student. To walk to classes etc, or should i get a backpack that allows a laptop to go inside (with a sleeve etc.). My worry is that ill get the messenger and ill end up carrying that around along with a backpack etc.

I was also looking at backpacks: Northface Modem or the Northface Bandwith found here:
http://www.thenorthface.com/opencms/...ory=54&site=NA

Basically, what would be best for college, i really like the timbuk also because it doesnt scream "steal me i have a powerbook".

I know a lot of posts get skipped over, but please help me out on this one guys.

Thank you,
Mustang67

GW '09
( Last edited by Mustang67; Jul 15, 2005 at 11:19 AM. )

Mustang67
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2005, 11:17 AM

Im set on this North Face Bandwith Backpack.

http://www.thenorthface.com/opencms/...ubcategory=542

Has anybody had experiece with this and a 15" Al Powerbook?

With these backpacks usually do I need to purchase a sleeve?

Thank you very much guys.
( Last edited by Mustang67; Jul 16, 2005 at 02:36 AM. )

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jul 16, 2005, 05:11 AM

i have a North Face Borealis, and i slip my PB in it along with the Crumpler sleeve. this is my second Borealis, cause the old one didn't have any padding on the laptop compartment, and i dented my powerbook very slightly. i learnt my lesson after that and gave that bag to my bro. now NF has come up with a new one that has exactly that a thick padding foam at the bottom of the laptop section, and raised it a bit so it doesn't touch the ground. the height has also been improved, now my PB 15" (in its sleeve) no longer struggles to get in.

i highly recommend this bag combo, just make sure yours has that padding at the bottom.
Ryan

Mustang67
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 16, 2005, 12:48 PM

Looking at the picture on the site the Borealis looks like a larger backpack, but has the same cubic inches as the Bandwith. Just an inch taller. Would this be a good backpack to walk from class to class in, not too big etc.

Plus what crumpler do you own. how do you like that combo?

Thank you so much Ryan for your help

Mustang67
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 17, 2005, 04:56 AM

I went out and bought the best bag in the world. After seeing the modem broadband and the Borealis... i foudn what i consider to be the best. The North Face Recon is a perfect bag when it comes to size, and above all laptop safety.

http://www.thenorthface.com/opencms/...ubcategory=541

My only question is, would you all recommend that i get a sleeve along with the backpack. As Ryan did with the crumbler and his Backpack?

Thank You,

Mustang

mike09
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2005, 01:45 AM

i've got a quick question, im going to pick up my new 15in powerbook tomorrow and was in the market for a protective sleeve.
now i was looking and heavily considering the zero shock case, my main question about this case is how thick is it? will it be too cumbersome to carry around or placed in my backpack, also has any one had any experience with the material they use in the zero shock case, does it actually absorb shock better than neoprene(sp?)
my other consideration is one of waterfields sleeves, they seem popular around here, will it be better for carrying and protection than the zero shock? also what size sleeve should i get for my new powerbook if i got a waterfield sleeve.
many thanks in advance.

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 20, 2005, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by mike09
i've got a quick question, im going to pick up my new 15in powerbook tomorrow and was in the market for a protective sleeve.
now i was looking and heavily considering the zero shock case, my main question about this case is how thick is it? will it be too cumbersome to carry around or placed in my backpack, also has any one had any experience with the material they use in the zero shock case, does it actually absorb shock better than neoprene(sp?)
my other consideration is one of waterfields sleeves, they seem popular around here, will it be better for carrying and protection than the zero shock? also what size sleeve should i get for my new powerbook if i got a waterfield sleeve.
many thanks in advance.
I tried ordering off the Shinza.com website for the Zero Shock case and there was a backorder for 3 months. I couldn't wait anymore and i cancelled me order.

I ordered a Waterfield sleeve for my 15" PB (Size 24) .
Can't really compare the two since i don't have the Zero Shock... all i can say is that i'm very pleased with it. Fits in my bag perfectly and is very well made. Fast shipping and great service.
15" 2.33 MBP 2GB Ram, 120GB HD - Main Rig

iluvmymactoo
Forum Regular
Jul 20, 2005, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by ericssonboi
I tried ordering off the Shinza.com website for the Zero Shock case and there was a backorder for 3 months. I couldn't wait anymore and i cancelled me order.

The STM Rebound is better value for money. It has the same shock proof ability as the Zero Shock but has the extra benefit of being water proof as well.
PowerBook 12" Combo 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 100GB HDD - Yep it's PPC! I'll wait for the 3rd generation MacTel when they're at their best :)

ShyGuy91284
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2005, 01:32 PM

Ok, I'm a student, and am going to be getting a 12 PowerBook soon. I've been browsing backpacks for a while now, and am noticing finding one that fits a 12 *Book snugly could be rather difficult. I'm leaning towards a backpack, not a messenger bag. Does anyone have any suggestions for one that would fit a 12 PB snugly, fit a couple 1.5 inch thick binders, and fit a couple 1 inch thick books? My old backpack could be rather small with a PB, so I went from looking for a sleeve to a backpack.

Edit: The STM Sphere and Loop are looking good. Anyone have one and think it'd fit the things I need without being crammed full?
( Last edited by ShyGuy91284; Jul 20, 2005 at 11:18 PM. )

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jul 23, 2005, 04:50 AM

i have the School hymn, the first sleeves crumpler released. it's not much protection on its own, but it works extremely well if it's inside another bag, especially if that outer bag has some padding on it. the 2005 Borealis that i just got has a thick piece of foam at the bottom that prevented dents. the old borealis i had didn't have this and my PB suffered, luckily not too much.

as for the size, it's perfect. i'm 6' tall and it's just the right size. when not full, it shrinks down to almost nothing, but expands readily when you need it to. and it's very comfy too. i carried 7 bottles of liquer once and didn't feel any pressure at all. (don't ask about the liquer). lol.
Ryan

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 28, 2005, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by iluvmymactoo
The STM Rebound is better value for money. It has the same shock proof ability as the Zero Shock but has the extra benefit of being water proof as well.
I love the style of the STM rebound! Simple, elegant, reasonably priced... It's almost perfect. I'd like to have that, but with a shoulder strap. This way, I detach the shoulder strap for long journeys and throw it into a back-pack or I could carry it as is w/ a shoulder strap. The grey one on the site looks like it might have one. Do you know for sure?
ebuddy

mike09
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 3, 2005, 03:10 PM

the STM Rebound does not have a shoulder strap, i just received the grey one last week and all it is is just the sleeve. fits the 15in powerbook like a glove. couldnt be happier with it.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2005, 01:30 PM

I'm just posting to report my happiness with the Tom Bihn Monolith sleeve that I recently purchased for my new 15" Powerbook. It's somewhat of a tight fit, but I'm thinking that the fabric will loosen up a little over time. The whole thing feels incredibly sturdy though, which I feel more than makes up for the effort of carrying the extra weight in my backpack. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a more protection-oriented sleeve for use in a backpack. It might be too bulky for some, though.

jaybert
Aug 8, 2005, 10:25 AM

for those interested in the north face recon, i found a couple good deals:

www.irvs.com has a couple of models (black/red, black/grey) for $62.99 + ship, you can use a 10% off coupon (SUMMER10). Mine ended up being $62.xx shipped.

www.backcountry.com has three models for ~$55. They are the '05 Spring colors. Shipping is free.

NateEssex
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 8, 2005, 08:28 PM

I read some of the 15 pages of this thread and was just wondering if anyone has seen or owned a nice, Professional-looking hard briefcase for a 12" PowerBook.

I need it for a work environment. I'm not sure, but I'm considering a sleeve on my PB and then putting it into a brief case.

Thanks!

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2005, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by NateEssex
I read some of the 15 pages of this thread and was just wondering if anyone has seen or owned a nice, Professional-looking hard briefcase for a 12" PowerBook.

I need it for a work environment. I'm not sure, but I'm considering a sleeve on my PB and then putting it into a brief case.

Thanks!
It'll likely go on for 15 more.
There's just so much out there. I'd google "hard cases for 12" iBook" and start from scratch. I was able to find some decent deals, but there's so many different styles. I'm still looking for something like that STM bag, but w/ shoulder straps. I'm getting a 17" PB for my wife this month and our current bag won't do. I'd like to show my wife how detail-oriented I am.
ebuddy

Bruck
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2005, 10:59 PM

Took a look at some north face backpacks today, I went with the Borealis, as far as I could tell in the store, it's pretty much identical to the Recon, except for the front design, which I prefer.

My next question is, which sleeve will go best inside this backpack, i like that it is designed to hold a laptop, but there is no way i'm going to trust their puny laptop compartment with my powerbook.

I'm stuck between a Booq Power Sleeve 14 (will this be too bulky inside the backpack to then add books? I really want the powersleeve, but if it's gonna take up too much space, then I will just get a more snug/lighter sleeve, since the powersleeve weighs in at 1.5lbs.

I'm also considering the

STM GLOVE LINK

VIPER M

Waterfield Sleeve (vertical)

Any suggestions for choosing one of these sleeves for a 30qt backpack?
| MBA Student | MacAddict | CarAddict | PhotoNut | Dork | PhishHead |

NateEssex
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 8, 2005, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy
It'll likely go on for 15 more.
There's just so much out there. I'd google "hard cases for 12" iBook" and start from scratch. I was able to find some decent deals, but there's so many different styles. I'm still looking for something like that STM bag, but w/ shoulder straps. I'm getting a 17" PB for my wife this month and our current bag won't do. I'd like to show my wife how detail-oriented I am.
That's funny...I am getting my wife a 12" iBook and I'll have a 12" PowerBook. Those 17" PBs are tough to lug around, but beautiful to behold.

Thanks for the tip...

iDORK
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2005, 02:37 PM

The Brenthaven Fusion Flex looks awesome. Check this site's review on it:

http://www.laptoplogic.com/reviews/gear/120/1/1/

Originally Posted by Oisín
(forgive me if this has been mentioned previously in this thread; 18 pages was too daunting at this time of day)

I really want the Brenthaven Fusion Flex bag for my PowerBook:

But it only goes up to 15" PB's, and mine is a 17". I searched through all the links in Lattimer's post, and I couldn't find any that were like it and went up to 17" anywhere—can the laptop shoulder bag gurus here point me to a place where I might find that's as close as possible to the Fusion Flex, but can hold a 17" PB (and is preferably not more expensive than the Fusion Flex, either; $179 is already quite a wad of money)?

I humbly thank anyone who can help me in this regard

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Aug 12, 2005, 02:50 PM

I got this neoprene sleeve off eBhey for my iBook.

Since the neoprene acts as padding, it simplifies my bag purchase. I'll get a small light bag that just fits over this 12" iBook + sleeve, without having to worry about its padding.

NateEssex
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 12, 2005, 06:11 PM

They do make a case for 12" laptops. Go to Brenthaven and go:
Shoulder Case-->Apple Case-->Fusion 12
I would put the website so you could go directly, but you navigate in Flash.

The Fusion 12 just moved to the top of my list. Now it's down to that one and the Mamba XS at http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=72.
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme

irus
Forum Regular
Aug 13, 2005, 10:19 AM

Dell slipcover cases look professional, and are perfect size to accept 12" Apple portables. It's well padded, has a handle, and a number of pockets for papers and business cards. It's a little thicker than most sleeves since it's practically a hard shell, thus increasing the level of protection provided by softer sleeves. The Dell logo is barely noticeable.

DELL Slipcover Carrying Case for Dell Latitude D400/X1/X300 Notebooks ($99.99):

NateEssex
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2005, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by irus
Dell slipcover cases look professional, and are perfect size to accept 12" Apple portables. It's well padded, has a handle, and a number of pockets for papers and business cards. It's a little thicker than most sleeves since it's practically a hard shell, thus increasing the level of protection provided by softer sleeves. The Dell logo is barely noticeable.

DELL Slipcover Carrying Case for Dell Latitude D400/X1/X300 Notebooks ($99.99):

Eek! Does it say "Dell" on the cover?! I couldn't walk around with that...
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme

Radio Code
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2005, 02:52 PM

Has anyone here purchased a Timbuk2 Laptop Messenger bag? I'm trying to compare the differences between the medium Classic, the medium Commute, and the medium Laptop Messenger. I spent time today checking out the Commute and Classic in a store: I really like the extra pockets and padding in the Commute, but like the space and color options of the Classic better. I have a Marware Sharkskin sleeve for my 12" PB, but while I expect that to protect against scratches, scuffs, and general pressure, I don't know how much it would help in the case of a bag-drop with just the Class bag. Likewise, I don't know if that'd be overkill with the Commute or Laptop Messenger.

I'm going to be a graduate student at an art school, so while I won't be tugging around stacks books to class, I'm not sure if I'll always have the computer with me. I'd like more interior space than the Commute provides, in the event I have to carry the occassional handful of brushes/stack of DVDs/whatever. If anyone could chime in with some experience/opinions, that'd be great. Thanks.

malcolm347
Forum Regular
Aug 17, 2005, 10:38 PM

Cool links, if and hopefully when I buy my PB I will buy a case like those.

Forum Links
Forum Rules