Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Arlo&Spot worth it?

Arlo&Spot worth it?
HamSandwich
Dec 9, 2015, 10:03 AM

Hey,

I've been watching 'Inside Out' and we liked it a lot. Now, there is also Arlo & Spot, apparently another Pixar movie during the christmas season. Is that worth it? Did you like it? I liked most Pixar movies, but I didn't think Monsters University was so great, for instance. I like the old ones very much, also Brave was great and Up was good, and Wall-E was neat..., so...

Greetings,
PeterParker

andi*pandi
Dec 10, 2015, 12:23 PM

The next Pixar movie coming out is The Good Dinosaur:

The Good Dinosaur (2015) - Rotten Tomatoes

which has not gotten the reviews Pixar movies generally do, but will prob be fun.

HamSandwich
Dec 10, 2015, 12:26 PM

That's advertised around here as "Arlo & Spot", that's what I meant. They only show it during the day, on 3 PM, so maybe it's a bit more childish than the rest, who knows... I saw most of the Pixar movies, though.

mindwaves
Dec 10, 2015, 02:56 PM

I saw The Good Dinosaur and didn't like it at all. The graphics were amazing, however. T-Rex herding longhorns? Totally bizarre.

HamSandwich
Dec 11, 2015, 12:29 PM

I'm just coming back from the cinema and I enjoyed myself pretty much! It was a real Pixar movie, new, unusual, the visuals were really good etc.

I don't know about the T-Rex, though, and the dinosaurs that made an appearance were not so varied.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 14, 2015, 12:02 PM

Yeah, this movie was just not very good. I'll post more later if I can be bothered to work up the energy for this mediocre blah fest.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

HamSandwich
Dec 24, 2015, 09:20 AM

Hey,

my mum offered a thought: The movie appears to be directed at the under-10-crowd. Is that possible? The whole movie is a bit childish. While Pixar movies are generally for kids, adults usually like to see them alot, too. Maybe this is the exception and it is rather for 8-year olds (starting from year 8, they say on a German website that measures minimum age for movies).

Greetings,
PeterParker

andi*pandi
Dec 26, 2015, 03:22 PM

Most Pixar movies are aimed at the under 8 age group, but are so well done all ages can enjoy them. Exceptions being Cars 2 and Planes, which no one enjoyed.

Inside out perhaps was aimed a bit older at the preteens.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 26, 2015, 07:24 PM

Planes wasn't Pixar AFAIK.

andi*pandi
Dec 26, 2015, 09:56 PM

Well, in a way. Disney bought Pixar. Technically Planes was produced by Disney, but still its a sequel to Cars and made with lots of Pixar staff, writers, directors etc.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 28, 2015, 01:20 PM

Planes was a direct to video project that got bumped up to a theatrical release in the middle of production. It should not be considered a Pixar movie.

Anyway, yeah, this was definitely targeted younger. 8 is way to high. This was a movie more for 2-4 year olds. There is nothing wrong with that in theory, but this is still a bad movie that is targeted at 2-4 year olds. You can still make a great movie for younger kids. See something like My Neighbor Totoro or Ponyo for examples.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Forum Links
Forum Rules