Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > The Offical OS X Customizations Screenshot Thread

The Offical OS X Customizations Screenshot Thread (Page 114)
eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 10, 2004, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by macphreak.e:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
I LOVE THIS WALLPAPER!!!

Does anyone know what wallpaper it is and where I can find it?
Thanks in advance
It really is a great one...
http://www.deviantart.com/view/8678892/

match it up with Soft Blue Milk 2.2
http://funmac.com/showthread.php?t=6638

it might not get any better than that

TheGUiTom
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2004, 01:27 PM

Originally posted by eyevaan:
It really is a great one...
http://www.deviantart.com/view/8678892/

match it up with Soft Blue Milk 2.2
http://funmac.com/showthread.php?t=6638

it might not get any better than that
Thanks man!

Makki
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2004, 03:01 PM

Theme in the works called Black Alloy, I have gotten Max Rudbergs Permission to mod this and look for it soon hehe.

Makki

TheGUiTom
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2004, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by Makki:

Theme in the works called Black Alloy, I have gotten Max Rudbergs Permission to mod this and look for it soon hehe.

Makki
Is Max's permission SO important that you have to give it a capital 'p'?

Makki
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2004, 03:33 PM

yea it is thank you

TheGUiTom
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2004, 03:36 PM

yea it is thank you
You're welcome.

Makki
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2004, 03:42 PM

you know i am really tired of this crap i make a post and what is commented on a but a small damn detail. dont you have anything else to do but tear people down.
sheesh i am so damn tired of freakin nitpickers here man

infact i may just leave MacNN altogether.

Makki
( Last edited by Makki; Sep 11, 2004 at 04:13 AM. )

bluevertical
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2004, 03:48 PM

you know i am really tired of this crap i make a post and what is commented on a but a small damn detail. dont you have anything else to do but tear people down.

infact i may just leave MacNN altogether
i have to agree with you makki. there are certainly some real asses on these boards from time to time.... never seen a board quite like it and it's occasionally flaming attitude. hopefully in time it will lose that(?)

peace.
bv

blueverticalstudio_ boston new york los angeles
www.blueverticalstudio.com
www.theblogproject.com

jerseyfreeze
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2004, 03:51 PM

infact i may just leave MacNN altogether
I understand your frustration, but it might not be a "small damn detail" to everyone. For me, spelling errors and mis-capitalizations are aggravating to read and make me wonder what was being taught in school all those years. Now, if you're not a native English speaker, I'm not going to complain about grammar and spelling mistakes.

TheGUiTom
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2004, 03:52 PM

Well, I'm sorry if I hurt you, Makki. I was just kidding, that's why I put the behind it.

Again I'm sorry.

And I am an arse, admitted. So please stay on the MacNN...

smoke-tetsu
Forum Regular
Sep 10, 2004, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by jerseyfreeze:
I understand your frustration, but it might not be a "small damn detail" to everyone. For me, spelling errors and mis-capitalizations are aggravating to read and make me wonder what was being taught in school all those years. Now, if you're not a native English speaker, I'm not going to complain about grammar and spelling mistakes.
And what if it's a typo? Some people should learn to get over such things and live and let live. Give a fellow human a break.

TheGUiTom
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2004, 04:00 PM

Originally posted by smoke-tetsu:
And what if it's a typo?
An ordinary typo isn't bad, but this was a funny one.

Some people should learn to get over such things and live and let live. Give a fellow human a break.
I... am... sorry... Now if that isn't enough...

Let's go back on-topic and forget about this, it scr*ws the topic...

(Bytheway: I'm a real perfectionist so I'm watching every little bit.)

smoke-tetsu
Forum Regular
Sep 10, 2004, 04:02 PM

Perfectionist.... another word for pain in the butt. Ok I'm done.

Makki
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2004, 04:02 PM

Must all do 50 push ups hehe roflmao

TheGUiTom
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2004, 04:03 PM

Perfectionist.... another word for pain in the butt. Ok I'm done.
It's a Dutch word, don't know the English one...

Randman
Posting Junkie
Sep 10, 2004, 04:58 PM

And what if it's a typo? Some people should learn to get over such things and live and let live. Give a fellow human a break.
Everyone makes errors, but when spellcheck is built-in, I'm shocked at the number of people who don't use it.

I thought that was a pretty funny comment, if taken the right way. With Max's stuff, it almost deserves a capital P.

It does seem that much of the trolling seeps out of the lounge and into normal threads. But if we all take it with a pinch of salt and agree to occasionally disagree...

I think Makki's done a really good job though still waiting on the mini itunes widgets

Personally, I like his desktop even though I'm pretty bored by the whole alienware thing. But that's just my opinion. I do think this is one of the better threads on this forum, even it gets a bit derailed from time to time.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 10, 2004, 05:06 PM

Ah . . . the internet the last stand of quality writing.

wait for it
HAHAHAHAHA

not intended to be a jab at any particular person in this forum but the observation by me, humble as I am not, is that the internet, this forum, is the LAST place to point out a typo. The bar is just too low most everywhere you can read online these days.

we are allies are we not?

Holigen
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2004, 08:32 PM

This forum has gotten really tense lately. Its like in Jenga when youre almost done with the tower and... actually it isnt...

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Sep 11, 2004, 04:12 AM

Originally posted by Holigen:
This forum has gotten really tense lately. Its like in Jenga when youre almost done with the tower and... actually it isnt...
It's pre-election fever (fervor?) infecting everything else.

bluevertical
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2004, 04:58 AM

Originally posted by Randman:
It's pre-election fever (fervor?) infecting everything else.
no, really it's a few assholes screwing it up for the individuals that want to just exist in a creative environment and find like minds to discuss the things that move us....

it would be nice if it was that simple.

peace.
bv.
www.theblogproject.com

brazil
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2004, 07:36 AM

"I'm a Grey Chicken" - This is what my African Grey said . She did not learn it from me. www.screaminmoon.com

fireside
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 09:54 AM

Originally posted by bluevertical:
no, really it's a few assholes screwing it up for the individuals that want to just exist in a creative environment and find like minds to discuss the things that move us....

it would be nice if it was that simple.

peace.
bv.
you obviously don't know creative minds if you're whining about everyone being an asshole. creative mind = asshole.

deal with it. grow some skin. when i point out a flaw, don't be a whore about it, be thankful someone is being honest. if everyone on this forum was like "YAY ITS SO GREAT YAY" everything would look like crap because no one would be told what looks like crap and needs to be fixed and what doesn't.

im sick and tired of everyone complaining that there is too much criticism. and most of the criticism here is constructive criticism. its not like i walk around saying you suck then not telling you why. i tell you why you suck. and this is supposed to help you. its not my fault if you get all whiny that i said that you used the wrong colors and it looks like crap. im trying to help you make what you made better, and if you can't see that, you probably don't deserve to label yourself as an artist.

ill say it again, if no one was here to criticize, everything would be stagnant. nothing
would change. and everything would be crap.

the only person i make truly fun of is digitaljames. if you're name isn't digitaljames, im not making fun of you. i only make fun of digitaljames because he really does suck.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2004, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
you obviously don't know creative minds if you're whining about everyone being an asshole. creative mind = asshole.

deal with it. grow some skin. when i point out a flaw, don't be a whore about it, be thankful someone is being honest. if everyone on this forum was like "YAY ITS SO GREAT YAY" everything would look like crap because no one would be told what looks like crap and needs to be fixed and what doesn't.

im sick and tired of everyone complaining that there is too much criticism. and most of the criticism here is constructive criticism. its not like i walk around saying you suck then not telling you why. i tell you why you suck. and this is supposed to help you. its not my fault if you get all whiny that i said that you used the wrong colors and it looks like crap. im trying to help you make what you made better, and if you can't see that, you probably don't deserve to label yourself as an artist.

ill say it again, if no one was here to criticize, everything would be stagnant. nothing

the only person i make truly fun of is digitaljames. if you're name isn't digitaljames, im not making fun of you. i only make fun of digitaljames because he really does suck.
The self-titled "creative mind" has spoken...

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2004, 04:11 PM

Makki
a few questions about the screenshot that others may be able to answer..

1) how do you change the menu bar text? i have TinkerTool, but unless i'm doing something wrong, it doesn't seem to change it.

2) how did you replace where it says "Finder" with an icon?

3) how did you make the window transparent like that?

Randman
Posting Junkie
Sep 11, 2004, 04:23 PM

Originally posted by cruciarius:
a few questions about the screenshot that others may be able to answer..

1) how do you change the menu bar text? i have TinkerTool, but unless i'm doing something wrong, it doesn't seem to change it.

2) how did you replace where it says "Finder" with an icon?

1. Silk

2. FruitMenu

3. That is an interesting look but I don't think the window itself was transparent. But we'll let Makki explain that, since it's his desktop.

fireside
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 04:32 PM

The self-titled "creative mind" has spoken...
The I-really-do-hate-fireside-and-hating-him-is-getting-old guy has posted yet another waste of forum space.

fireside
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 04:33 PM

Originally posted by cruciarius:
window shade x

bluevertical
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2004, 04:39 PM

yup. you've proven once again.... asshole = asshole...
www.theblogproject.com

cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2004, 04:46 PM

ok. thank you

Makki
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2004, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by Randman:
1. Silk

2. FruitMenu

3. That is an interesting look but I don't think the window itself was transparent. But we'll let Makki explain that, since it's his desktop.
Yes actually Randman it is transparant setting through windowshade x

Makki

cube3
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2004, 07:45 PM

[B]you obviously don't know creative minds if you're whining about everyone being an asshole. creative mind = asshole.

If you're going to crit my stuff then you had better show me some credentials. Why should I listen to you, for all I know you're a burger flipper in the Himalayas' with weekend access to a 9600 modem.

People don't have a problem with criticism they have a problem with how they're criticized, and if I may be so bold as to use your approach, you crit like a sceptic, cheesey, bell end. There is nothing wrong with diplomacy and tact
( Last edited by cube3; Sep 28, 2004 at 07:55 AM. )

Banghazi
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2004, 08:17 PM

Makki
*groaning with anticipation*

That theme is gona be sooo ing cool...

Holigen
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2004, 08:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cube3:
[B]

QUOTE]

If you're going to crit my stuff then you had better show me some credentials. Why should I listen to you, for all I know you're a burger flipper in the Himalayas' with weekend access to a 9600 modem.

People don't have a problem with criticism they have a problem with how they're criticized, and if I may be so bold as to use your approach, you crit like a sceptic, cheesey, bell end. There is nothing wrong with diplomacy and tact
Lol, nicely done cube.

And, fs, how long did it take to type that?

Makki
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2004, 08:25 PM

Lol, nicely done cube.

And, fs, how long did it take to type that?
lol good post hehe cube/Holigen

Himalayas? roflmfao

Makki

wingchuner
Forum Regular
Sep 11, 2004, 11:42 PM

Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow's a Mystery,
Today is a Gift...
Which is why it is called the Present.
AIM- klovesrae

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2004, 12:45 AM

Aero-ish mod of Chosen OS (unreleased)
Manila Folders by me.
Organic wallpaper by Sticboy (customize.org)
AveIcon Book pic by Stefanka

Click for World Trade Center size.....

P.S. fireside sucks
P.S.S The font is HandelGotDLig

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2004, 01:06 AM

Originally posted by digitaljames:
Manila Folders by me.

P.S. fireside sucks
Nice. You should try transparency in the title bar.
click one

Holigen
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2004, 01:14 AM

Originally posted by wingchuner:
Currently used theme

Nice and Clean

http://home.comcast.net/~wingchuner/screenshot_07.jpg

Let's get Dirty

http://home.comcast.net/~wingchuner/screenshot_06.jpg
Very cool theme.

bluevertical
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2004, 02:47 AM

Manila Folders by me.

P.S. fireside sucks
nice theme... esp for a win mod.

cheers!
bv.
www.theblogproject.com

Banghazi
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2004, 02:51 AM

Click 4 full screenage. 1280x960

fireside
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2004, 03:46 AM

Originally posted by cube3:

i had a long post, but im not even going to continue this argument. if you don't like what i say, put me on ignore, i don't care. just don't attack my opinions.

fireside
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2004, 03:51 AM

Manila Folders by me.

P.S. fireside sucks
"Click for World Trade Center size"? c'mon, thats just low.

and yes i do suck.

but not as much as holigen. he even agrees!

bluevertical
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2004, 05:57 AM

i had a long post, but im not even going to continue this argument. if you don't like what i say, put me on ignore, i don't care. just don't attack my opinions.
fireside... you started this argument with the following (abbreviated):

"you obviously don't know creative minds if you're whining about everyone being an asshole. creative mind = asshole.

deal with it. grow some skin. when i point out a flaw, don't be a whore about it, be thankful someone is being honest. if everyone on this forum was like "YAY ITS SO GREAT YAY" everything would look like crap because no one would be told what looks like crap and needs to be fixed and what doesn't. "

i think i can speak for cube in that.. we would just like to see some work. you seem to have this holier than thou attitude with your flaming comments, and i KNOW i am not speaking for myself when i say... let's see it... give us a site or some work where we can see that you are truly the god of design....

critiques are much different than flaming and the fact that you responded to a message that i was generally speaking about 'asses' means that you must indeed have issues... seeing is that that post had nothing to do with you personally.

what we are all saying is, we can all be critically minded designers, but not kill people who are simply trying to be a part of this community. i would certainly hope we can at least be that(?)

if not, then lets see what we have to offer... throw us your domain and/or work and let's critique it in an open manner....

this goes without saying, but creative minds do not equal assholes.... sorry, but it doesn't. let's try and keep an open mind and create an environment where creative minds can flourish and push the envelope. thats what this is all about.....

peace.
bv.
www.theblogproject.com

Ice Spectre
Sep 12, 2004, 07:58 AM

^
Agreed.

Ice Spectre
Sep 12, 2004, 07:58 AM

Stalled Safari.
Sorry

BatMax
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 12, 2004, 09:54 AM

I'm not sure what this forum is really about. I'm very new (3rd Post) and I've read through this entire thread and all I get out of it is "I have a cool theme that I modded, you can look at a screenshot and tell me what you would like to see, I'll make the changes but not make them available for download." Is this a correct assessment? I know it takes a lot of time and effort to create a theme (guikit), but what's the sense of creating such great pieces of work and not sharing? Or am I all wrong and there is another forum that host the files? What files am I looking for? Well IceSpectre and Makki both have a really cool Alienware Guikit and there is one that was just posted with water replacing the brushed metal.

Please be gentle
Mess with the best, Good for you.

Ice Spectre
Sep 12, 2004, 10:20 AM

Manila Folders by me.

P.S. fireside sucks
I'll be looking forward to this one, DJ.

Looking very nice

Ice Spectre
Sep 12, 2004, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by BatMax:
I'm not sure what this forum is really about. I'm very new (3rd Post) and I've read through this entire thread and all I get out of it is "I have a cool theme that I modded, you can look at a screenshot and tell me what you would like to see, I'll make the changes but not make them available for download." Is this a correct assessment? I know it takes a lot of time and effort to create a theme (guikit), but what's the sense of creating such great pieces of work and not sharing? Or am I all wrong and there is another forum that host the files? What files am I looking for? Well IceSpectre and Makki both have a really cool Alienware Guikit and there is one that was just posted with water replacing the brushed metal.

Please be gentle
With what has been going on since I have been here, I can see (some) people being anything but gentle.
For starters, some nitpicker will be sure to point out that this is your second post, not your third.

I guess that is what this thread is about. I personally use it to find new applications, new desktops, and most importantly, new themes. It also shows how nice you can get your desktop if you try, and how well all the different factors can merge to create a specific "feeling".
Thats just my opinion.

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2004, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by BatMax:

Please be gentle
This thread is in fact about screenshots. Evidently, themes are discussed within - but often taken to their own [ANN] threads.
About sharing : modded themes can't be just made available without the author's permission - so don't blame the mod'ers (?), new themes could still be in beta phase and be shown here for feedback.
Eventually things are definitely made available - of course I've added this to be gentle

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2004, 11:06 AM

Originally posted by Ice Spectre:
I'll be looking forward to this one, DJ.

Looking very nice

I'm not going to do anything with it......I *need* to buckle down and finish the Alien gizmo.....

Forum Links
Forum Rules