Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Need help using USB printer on AEBS by PC on LAN port

Need help using USB printer on AEBS by PC on LAN port
svobsj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2004, 08:44 PM

I have a PowerMac G4 Aluminum connected to the AEBS Snow. I had previously had a
Sony Vaio running XP (yuk) that had an HP LaserJet 1200 connected to it via USB. When I bought my Mac and connected it to the AEBS, I then plugged the XP machine into the AEBS LAN port and I have been able to use the internet on both computers. It took me until today to realize that the HP USB printer is compatible with OS X and I downloaded the Mac drivers for it and connected it to the USB port on the AEBS. I can now print from my Mac.

Now the problem, How can the Windows XP computer, connected by wire to the LAN port of the AEBS, print to the HP LaserJet 1200, connected to the USB port of the AEBS? I went through all manner of questions with the help pages for the AEBS and for printers and have turned printer sharing on, but the XP system is blind to this change. I am sure that this is a simple case of getting the right settings and if anyone can provide them or a link to where this configuration is explained, I will be much appreciative.

Forum Links
Forum Rules