Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > 1.6Ghz G5 $1399

1.6Ghz G5 $1399
laxthxdude
Forum Regular
Mar 5, 2004, 05:26 PM

Refurbs on apple.com. Pretty decent price if you don't mind a refurbished unit. Comes with standard warranty, etc.

I Me Mine
Forum Regular
Mar 5, 2004, 06:15 PM

Has anyone bought a 1.6 and been happy with it?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 5, 2004, 06:17 PM

Of course people have been happy with their G5 1.6 purchases. I personally feel they were and are overpriced, but that $1400 for an Apple certified refurb isn't that bad.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

sworthy
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2004, 10:47 PM

seems like people jumped on this one - no longer available.

Crusoe
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2004, 04:52 AM

All the G5s have been on the refurb page for a few months on and off. There will be more for sure. $1399 is a sweet price, check back every other day or so, it's updated daily it seems except weekends.
Refurbs from Apple are the best deal you can find cause you get the 1 year warranty and can buy Applecare. My refurb Rev A 17" powerbook is perfect, seemingly new.
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

cenutrio
Mac Elite
Mar 8, 2004, 01:23 PM

I have installed two G5s 1.6 in our lab. They work great and at that price are very good value.
-original iMac, TiPB 400, Cube, Macbook (black), iMac 24ยจ, plus the original iPod and a black nano 4GB-

laxthxdude  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 12, 2004, 01:58 PM

Got it yesterday. Works great. Can't tell its a refurb except that it came in a brown box that said refurbished product instead of the usual black box. For $1399, its a good deal. Very Snappy (tm)

Forum Links
Forum Rules