Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Welcome to oblivion, thread!

Welcome to oblivion, thread!
Link
Professional Poster
Sep 5, 2005, 08:39 PM

I'm cashing in my chips.

This thread, Mac Zealot, and Link (not to mention the long gone JoeG4), are the last of me you'll see here on MacNN, if not for good, then for a damn good long while.

There are mods who "discuss" with each other that in turn say bad things about each other behind their backs, except for deleting other people's threads and replacing them with their own threads that they control every bit of content in...

Is this post even worth bothering to type? Probably not.. Is anyone even going to read it before one of the mods deletes it into oblivion? I have no idea, but I have my doubts.

It all started with a concept, you know, the one you probably saw in my sig a few times before you told adblock to block it because it makes you so mad.. how DARE someone disagree with the likes of Steve Jobs? Personally, I think he's an idiot to choose Intel, those dev kit machines are so "last moment" for "we've been making X86 macs since 1992!", so you can only bet that it was one of those ego-moves.

Of course, nobody accepted the idea, after all, this is the mac platform's big chance! Finally, you don't have to be bullied with special video cards or expensive hardware, after all, Dell and HP can't possibly be wrong! And finally, you'll be able to run Windows on your Mac, isn't that going to be awesome? No more VPC! Woohoo!

I bet you guys are preparing the "you're such an idiot I'm glad you're gone" responses already! Gee guys, hang on just a minute!

This community has eroded, lately every thread with a slight bit of irony or humor has been responded to with the "HA HA!" image, which I'm sure someone is going to stick in this thread, not to mention the timeline for complaining and ditching back when I was JoeG4, right? After all nobody gives a damn.

I'm not complaining, no the damage has already been done. By the time you read this post, I've ditched this place. The PMs to "change your sig, it insults me", or "You better shut up before you get banned" was enough. I won't say who, but I can imagine they'll be either the one that responds somewhere down here, or locks this thread to begin with, lol.

Still though, what's up with this place anyway? You guys aren't fans of the mac platform, you're just fans of yourselves.. you could care less if OS X was replaced with a $129 theme for Windows, in fact some of you people would probably APPLAUSE that sort of move, since all 95% of the computer-using population could use it, right?

Yet again, not that my opinion matters, right? Not that my setup pics matter, no, according to Lateralus, my setup pics "never change" and he's "tired of seeing that stupid setup your mom bought you"

And you know what? That's just fine. Think what you want, my credibility here fell apart anyway, after all what does a PPC-favoring, american-car-liking liberal that uses DSL instead of cable and lives on the west coast *AND* likes a *NINTENDO* gee, they make video games still? game so much that they used one of the characters as a username.. and a catholic liberal at that.. what kinda person like that deserves any credibility? None? Because nobody here agrees with me!

And apparently, I'm a lousy aruguer, and since every thread here either breaks down to sony vs microsoft vs nintendo, right vs left, republican vs liberal, HA HA vs +1, PPC vs X86, or OS X vs windows.. what the heck is the point? I always seem to fight the losing side anyway.

It doesn't really matter, again.. I'll be fine, I've taken enough insults and credibility breakdown before, you guys will get the last laugh on this one, but who cares?

Evidently enough people want to be around a community that disses:

*The "stupid liberals"
*People who don't like fox
*christians
*PPC fans
*Conformity avoiders
*People who live well, just about anywhere...
*People who own wood-frame houses
*People who own/like goods made in the US (or by companies founded in the US)
*Single button mice users
*People who don't like shapeshifter
*People who think BBX is full of air

Shoot, even people who died seem to get no respect anymore here.

So I'm well on my way to bannination, I suppose I'll print a screenshot of the locks underneath my username when it happens, and keep it as a reminder... of what, I have no idea.

Seriously though, what's with this place anyway? It seems to fall into the same mold I've seen so many places that eventually turned into giant worthless places fall into anyway.. It's owned by disattent owners who could care less but hand the responsibility of the well-being of the place over to morons like TookiMonster (in Lateralus' own words), or Lateralus.... or maybe one of the other +1ers who posted nothing but insulting garbage for a few years and managed to make it into the ranks of abuser or enforcer.

I'm outta here, and know I won't let the door hit me on the way out, I calmly took it down since well, a place full of savages needs no door anyway, enjoy your fox news and savage nation!

CAIO!
Aloha

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2005, 08:49 PM

hey wait, the link in your sig puts me back in this thread.

zizban
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 5, 2005, 08:51 PM

I remember JoeG4. Wow, you were a bastard back then, though I must say you've mellowed with time. Some of your points are good and valid (I believe Mac OS X moving to intel will be the end of the Mac as a distinctive platform) but will be lost in the flames sure to follow. Good luck in life!
"In darkness there is strength, therefore strength is darkness."

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Sep 5, 2005, 08:53 PM

*yawn*

For every person who hates me, there's another who's thanked me for not letting this place decay into chaos. I can take the heat.

Good riddance.

tooki

amsalpemkcus
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2005, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by tooki
*yawn*

For every person who hates me, there's another who's thanked me for not letting this place decay into chaos.

zizban
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 5, 2005, 09:14 PM

*yawn*

For every person who hates me, there's another who's thanked me for not letting this place decay into chaos. I can take the heat.

Good riddance.

tooki
Like who?

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Sep 5, 2005, 09:14 PM

Tell Zelda, I said "How you doin'?"

Good luck to ya.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Sep 5, 2005, 09:18 PM

I don't remember the names of all that have thanked me. Many have been via PM, many publicly, and a few via AIM.

Don't believe me? Good for you, I don't care.

tooki

amsalpemkcus
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2005, 09:31 PM

I don't remember the names of all that have thanked me. Many have been via PM, many publicly, and a few via AIM.

Don't believe me? Good for you, I don't care.

tooki

zizban
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 5, 2005, 09:34 PM

Good for you, I don't care.
Truer words have never been spoken

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Sep 5, 2005, 09:35 PM

Thanked, you? Ha-ha..... Good one.

Later Link. Never really had a thought about you good or bad to be honest, but I understand how you feel.

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Sep 5, 2005, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Link
This community has eroded, lately every thread with a slight bit of irony or humor has been responded to with the "HA HA!" image, which I'm sure someone is going to stick in this thread, not to mention the timeline for complaining and ditching back when I was JoeG4, right? After all nobody gives a damn.
Link = Prophet?

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2005, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by zizban
Like who?
Myself for one...many times over.

budster101
Baninated
Sep 5, 2005, 09:40 PM

so you are the many, the one.

Ω
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2005, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by budster101
so you are the many, the one.
Better make that two.
"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"

budster101
Baninated
Sep 5, 2005, 09:53 PM

Wow, the number is just skyrocketting. By tomorrow there might be 4.

Ω
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2005, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by budster101
Thanked, you? Ha-ha..... Good one.
Only took 10 minutes to prove you wrong

"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"

Cold Warrior
Sep 5, 2005, 10:04 PM

Different names, same loser.
I won't miss you, just as I never missed JoeG4.

misc
Sep 5, 2005, 10:18 PM

Catcha on the flip side.

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

Forum Links
Forum Rules