Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > New, Unedited (mostly), Amatuer 9/11 Footage

New, Unedited (mostly), Amatuer 9/11 Footage (Page 2)
yakkiebah
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2006, 10:24 AM

If 9/11 didn't change the world in any way, why does 99% of all the threads that take place in the Political/War Lounge revolve around America's foreign policies, Bush and the war on terror?

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by His Dudeness
That's pretty heartless. I'm sure the husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters of people who were killed in Tower 1, Tower 2, the Pentagon, and in Pennsylvania will argue that with you.
I adressed that in other posts in this very thread. You can read them for my comments on the families who lost loved ones in those terrorists attacks.

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Y3a
Some folks just can't comprehend... So, go on....Worry about your facial hair or whatever.
It needs a trim. Thanks for the reminder.. oh, by the way: just continue with the attempts at patronization.

This topic is perhaps too hard for your PC stomach to handle. Political correcntess isn't worth much in my books and political sissiness like the European left and the American right demonstrate every time 9/11 is mentioned is downright pathetic.

Grow some balls.

V

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by jckalen
voodoo,

with all due respect, 9/11 affected millions of people worldwide on an almost daily basis.
Why? Because it spooked them? At the risk of spoiling whatever preconception you had about 9/11, its only purpose was to scare people. People like you.

Maybe you don't go on many flights but I'm sure that air travel has been affected, even for Spain.
I fly enough, every year at least ten times across Europe. More than I did before 9/11, in fact. Air travel has not been affected one squat, other than a bunch of 'feel-good' but useless security measures have been implemented at airports.

They just blew up some trains instead you know.

And countries who have taken an attitude similar to yours, thinking it's no big deal and not much needs to be changed will likely be the ones more likely to suffer train bombings or other attacks.
We already did suffer train bombings by islamicist terrorists.. does that retroactively prove your point? Can I say:

"A country with an attitude such as yours (assuming you're American) will likely be one of those most likely to suffer passenger planes being hi-jacked and crashed into big buildings"

Do you know, my country has suffered terrorism for more than 30 years? Do you know that we already know how to deal with it and that some terrorist attack causing Americans to wake up to reality doesn't change squat to us??

Do you know that you're re-inventing the wheel? We're three decades ahead of you in fighting terrorists and protecting the citizens against terrorism. All these airport crap inspections are to appease the scared-to-death Americans.

Maybe not as dramatic as watching towers collapse, but still killing your fellow countrymen.
That's my point. The drama of 9/11 doesn't make it any more important than any other act of terrorism that was either not filmed or photographed live.

It saddens me to think that someone as thoughtless as yourself would even THINK half of your callous remarks, let alone be pathetic enough to post them.
Ah, the ignorant self-rightousness speech, right on time! What is callous is just realistic. 9/11 didn't change anything, except to the families who lost a loved one in that terrorist attack and yet people feed some sort of morbid and quite disgusting fascination of theirs by bringing this up every bloody year and sharing footage of that horrible day! *That* is callous.

Giving respect to those who deserve it and getting over this sodding event should have been the first reaction of all Americans and every person in the World. That's what happens in every other instance of terrorism, don't you know. Excepting this one, because some people get all mushy, claiming that 9/11 changed something when it didn't and refuse to let it go already.

Maybe because it was so dramatic. Who knows. I wonder, have you ever seen a dead person? Have you ever killed an animal? Have you seen the aftermath of a terrorist attack? Have you seen one happening? How antiseptic is your existance? Do you get your dose of sympathy by extrapolating it on people you've never seen and will never know?

That's all fine and dandy, and quite popular in the Western world these days. Very popular with the PC people. Take care of your surroundings. Worry about the people close to you. They need you more than those who are dead.

If it didn't affect you, go post somewhere else. Otherwise, show a little courtesy and respect for those of us who's lives DID change. Your opinion is not needed here.
How wonderfully ambiguous.. why don't you tell us how your life was changed? Unless you lost a loved one in those attacks, I dare say your life didn't change one squat.

V

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by yakkiebah
If 9/11 didn't change the world in any way, why does 99% of all the threads that take place in the Political/War Lounge revolve around America's foreign policies, Bush and the war on terror?
Because:

A) people are wondering why 9/11 happened - political/religous
B) whether Bush would have invaded Iraq without a 9/11 - political
C) whether other islamicist terrorst attacks are directly connected to 9/11 - political/religous
D) people ask themselves if Islam is a religion of hatred - religious
E) people wonder how/if American foreign policy facilitated 9/11 - political

etc etc

Where are the threads about how 9/11 changed the world? They aren't so many you know. People usually say that 9/11 changed the world because now airport security is a lot more tedious. Some fear flying more than before.. some fear middle-eastern looking men with baggage or in thick clothes on a hot day..

Nothing changed, except in the minds of some people. The problem was always there. 9/11 was just one of many many terrorist attacks connected with islamicists that had already happend, but since they were not on live TV and didn't happen in NY - they didn't 'change the world'.

None of them did.

All that happened was that a huge amount of Americans lost it and a mass hysteria on a scale not seen since swept across the US. Fear was implanted in the national soul and it was made non-PC to discuss 9/11 except as 'the event that changed the world'.

Yet, 9/11 changed nothing and five years after it is easier to see than ever.

V

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2006, 11:40 AM

Wow, let us all bow down to Spain, they have suffered more terrorists acts in the last 30 years than the States have!!! All hail Spain! All hail Spain!!!!

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 11:53 AM

Wow, let us all bow down to Spain, they have suffered more terrorists acts in the last 30 years than the States have!!! All hail Spain! All hail Spain!!!!
Is your political correctness suffering? Does it not understand how to deal with a world where the US isn't the biggest sufferer, where 9/11 doesn't matter any more than the next or the last terrorist attack?

Is it hard to accept that you're not that special at all?

The UK, Germany and Israel along with Spain have been fighting terrorists for decades. Welcome to the party, but don't expect any special treatment because you people like to wallow in your mostly made up suffering and watch replays of 9/11 five years after the event.

Sick eh? I'd say. There is something really wrong with a nation that can't get over an attack like 9/11 in less than a year and bury it forever at the first anniversary.

V

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2006, 11:56 AM

Two words for ya:

Thera Pee.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 11:59 AM

Two words for ya:

Thera Pee.
Accept the truth. The world did not change. Now here comes the stunner:

If the world did change: name how.

V

Dakar
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2006, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by voodoo

V
See: All International Policy by the Bush administration, and all international opinion of the USA stemming from 9.11

Thank you

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2006, 12:02 PM

The world changes if people change. And people have most definitely changed. You might not have changed and that's fine, but you're not the yardstick on which the world is measured.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar
See: All International Policy by the Bush administration, and all international opinion of the USA stemming from 9.11

Thank you
It seems that Iraq was already in Bush's list of 'countries I must invade', even before 9/11.

Things that changed the World:

- moonlanding
- nuclear technology
- democracy
- freedom of speech (excepting some EU countries)
- universal suffrage
- the World Wars
- Apple computer
- the motorcar
- the telphone
etc etc etc

excluding 9/11, which contrary to many TV producers' and PC people's adamant desire, did not change the world. It got Afghanistan half-heartedly attacked and the Taliban momentarily removed from power there.

All the rest, well.. it would have happened anyway. Good post though

The world changes if people change. And people have most definitely changed. You might not have changed and that's fine, but you're not the yardstick on which the world is measured.
People have changed? Really..? That's curious because I don't see any change in behaviour. Taking flying for instance.. more people fly now than in the time before 9/11. Are you talking about a change in the mind then?

There has not been any physical change in the world, there has not been any behavioural change in a randomly picked human being of this world..

Where is this change? It is being talked about, but where is it? Are you going to tell me that the world changed because of the Bush adminsitration. I think you over-estimate their power then.

Bush & co will be gone in about 2 years and his foreign policy will be replaced. Iraq would have been invaded 9/11 or no 9/11.

V

starman
Clinically Insane
Sep 12, 2006, 12:45 PM

voodoo's just some ranting little child whose denial abour world events and snide comments makes his epeen grow. Ignore him and he'll shrink.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by starman
voodoo's just some ranting little child whose denial abour world events and snide comments makes his epeen grow. Ignore him and he'll shrink.
Aww, the little kidde got lost from his toy thread. Here you go:

http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...-wii-or-xb360/

back with you, go rant about toys. That way your opinion will be taken seriously in threads for adults.

Oh wait. No it won't

V

starman
Clinically Insane
Sep 12, 2006, 01:10 PM

Why would anyone take your jaded view of anything seriously? I have yet to see ANYONE take you seriously in here.

Y3a
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2006, 02:48 PM

It needs a trim. Thanks for the reminder.. oh, by the way: just continue with the attempts at patronization.

This topic is perhaps too hard for your PC stomach to handle. Political correcntess isn't worth much in my books and political sissiness like the European left and the American right demonstrate every time 9/11 is mentioned is downright pathetic.

Grow some balls.

V
And I would suggest that YOU grow up. Name calling? I guess you DIDN't understand that you were insensitive, and missing the entire point that others have made. Your attempts at 'points' were pathetic. perhaps it's a cultural thing. You sure missed the major fact that I'm NOT PC. Thsi is what got me banned over on the P/W lounge since I suggested a method similar to Vlad Tepes solution to the current terrorist problem. I'd say you were pretty much wrong all together. You also seem to lack the decency to apologize for your crude comments.

baw
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2006, 03:02 PM

"OMG, it was a military plane!"

She couldn't even see the plane hit from her view.

jckalen
Senior User
Sep 12, 2006, 03:11 PM

Unless you lost a loved one in those attacks, I dare say your life didn't change one squat.
I did. And it did. I am not terrorized - I am bitter. And thoughtless little like you really need to get a clue about what it is to be a human being.
It looks just like a telefunken' U-47 - Zappa

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Y3a
And I would suggest that YOU grow up. Name calling?
Name calling? I did no such thing.

I guess you DIDN't understand that you were insensitive, and missing the entire point that others have made.
Nothing insensitive to point out that it's been five years and you people had better get over this crap. It wasn't all that!

Your attempts at 'points' were pathetic.
I brush off your criticism like the worhtless dirt it is.

perhaps it's a cultural thing. You sure missed the major fact that I'm NOT PC.
Perhaps. You still appear very PC to me. Making up some drama about 9/11 five years after the event is very PC. That's what most of the media has decided is PC. You're part of that program or problem.

Thsi is what got me banned over on the P/W lounge since I suggested a method similar to Vlad Tepes solution to the current terrorist problem.
Ah yes.. Vlad Tepes, he sure did hold his own against the invaders. A national hero in Romania. Perhaps his solution would work. It did once.

I'd say you were pretty much wrong all together.
I'd say you have to get over this 9/11 being something important when it wasn't and isn't. Half a decade later, with the perspective that allows, it is apparent that 9/11 was really just another terrorist attack. Only difference being it happend in the US and you all became terrified.

9/11 worked on you guys. We're more used to not giving in to terrorists over here.

You also seem to lack the decency to apologize for your crude comments.
I made no crude comments. Just the truth.

V

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by jckalen
I did. And it did. I am not terrorized - I am bitter. And thoughtless little like you really need to get a clue about what it is to be a human being.
Well then you should have said so already, instead of being a defensife, selfish, passive-aggressive little victim.

Now that your world has changed, you'd better come to terms with it already. Or wallow in your bitterness. Whichever floats your boat.

I've lost loved ones in horrible circumstances as well, but five years after, I had gotten over it.

We've all lost something sometime. Cry me a river.

V

starman
Clinically Insane
Sep 12, 2006, 03:47 PM

you're doing well here, voodoo. Keep it up.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2006, 03:57 PM

A Kevin replacement act.

Y3a
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2006, 04:36 PM

Making up some drama about 9/11 five years after the event is very PC. That's what most of the media has decided is PC.

V

The Media has Decided!! Why do YOU care abot what the MEDIA has to say unless you are also a PC type? The inflamatory leftist baiting tactics should be below you, but somehow...it's not. Hmmmm...

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2006, 04:56 PM

Why would anyone take your jaded view of anything seriously? I have yet to see ANYONE take you seriously in here.

Agree or disagree with the position voodoo has taken here in this thread.. He does make some good points here and there and is very well-spoken. I'm sorry to admit but I have not seen much validity to the opposing arguments either.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 05:07 PM

Vooodoo. You are truly bordering on the bizarre. I don't even know how to make a gif to sum you up. But here's one that might fit:

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

baw
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2006, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - -
Vooodoo. You are truly bordering on the bizarre. I don't even know how to make a gif to sum you up. But here's one that might fit:

hahaha

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2006, 05:20 PM

Yeah, the world didn't change on 7 December 1941, or 17 October 1783, yada yada yada...

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2006, 06:05 PM

What happened to the old Voodoo?

Matius
Forum Regular
Sep 12, 2006, 06:07 PM

It got Afghanistan half-heartedly attacked and the Taliban momentarily removed from power there.
Okay, I have many issues with your points of view, but out of respect I was not going to bring them up. Until now. Were you in Afghanistan? I am going to venture out on a limb here and say no you weren't. Given that, how the hell do you know how much heart went into it? Let me answer for you...you don't, regardless of what you may THINK you know. As for the Taliban, they aren't in power now and haven't been since they were forcefully removed in 2001, therefore it wasn't momentary. If I feel like taking the time to post in response to your other nonsense I will move it into the PL. Sorry to the original poster for moving off topic, this just irritates the hell out of me.
“Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2006, 06:13 PM

This place seems to mutate personalities sometimes. Having said that, I like and get along with voodoo. Nobody can agree all the time, and that's ok in my book, as long as there's not wanton personal insulting.

On topic, thanks to the original poster - I appreciated the link.

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2006, 06:13 PM

Hey, he knows about it. Remember, Spain has endured more terrorist attacks then the US, so he's more knowledgeable about.

CollinG3G4
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2006, 06:34 PM

Accept the truth. The world did not change. Now here comes the stunner:

V
Uhh...Been to an airport recently?

baw
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2006, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by CollinG3G4
Uhh...Been to an airport recently?
I've flown once since September 11th. I'll never fly again unless I need to leave the U.S. for some unforeseeable reason.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Betts
What happened to the old Voodoo?
He was baptized.

CollinG3G4
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2006, 06:48 PM

I just watched tthe tower collapse in the video...To have actually been there in New York that day and seen it happen must have seemed like a a dream. To the point of having to ask yourself "is this real?"

starman
Clinically Insane
Sep 12, 2006, 07:20 PM

voodoo probably thinks 9/11 never happened, it was all made up in the MEDIA, like the moon landing

Dakar
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2006, 07:23 PM

voodoo probably thinks 9/11 never happened, it was all made up in the MEDIA, like the moon landing
and the holocaust.

QuadG5Man
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2006, 07:34 PM

Why can't I save this video as a quicktime movie? I have quicktime pro but the 'save as quicktime video' is greyed out when I control-click on the video....? I tried 'File Juicer' with no success retrieving the movie in the Safari cache...

C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2006, 07:44 PM

this belongs in the p/w lounge
Signature depreciated.

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 12, 2006, 08:25 PM

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 08:38 PM

Ignore Kevin too. Trying to get this moved to the political lounge.

goMac  (op)
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 08:42 PM

Apparently some people couldn't handle themselves. Move it to the Political Lounge please.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - -
He was baptized.
Yeah, almost 20 years ago

-- also it has nothing to do with this thread. It is absoloutly 100% non-religous. The antics of the projection crowd are amusing though. Trying to make up a reason for why they are seeing something that they don't understand.

Simply, I'm right. People stuck on 9/11 drama 5 years after need help.

V
( Last edited by voodoo; Sep 12, 2006 at 08:55 PM. )

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2006, 09:05 PM

Simply, I'm right. People stuck on 9/11 drama 5 years after need help.
And herein lies the root of all evil. Anecdotal evidence - as in, my opinion - is presented as a universal truth. Wars have been fought about minor reasons.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 12, 2006, 09:08 PM

voodoo, you're retarded!

I WIN!!
ice

jckalen
Senior User
Sep 12, 2006, 09:10 PM

There is no child left within me, none whatsoever.
Actually, there is nothing BUT child in you.

Simply, I'm right. You suck.
It looks just like a telefunken' U-47 - Zappa

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 12, 2006, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mastrap

That's it.

I don't know anyone who has the same outlook on the world, or attitude about the world since 9/11.

But go figure, I'm in America. I was certainly affected, and I don't personally know anyone who died as a result of the attacks.

voodoo, for real. Whoever said you were "Debbie Downer" last night was right. You have a splinter in you sphincter.
ice

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 09:46 PM

Meh, it's getting better. The reaction I got two years ago for exactly the same comments were all more hysterical and weird. Perhaps two more years and you'll have regained your senses..

I've been saying this every year since sept. 11th 2003. Still, you're getting better. Two more years.. or perhaps three. That's seven or eight years.. no one event should traumatize anyone for such a long time when it is as indirect as 9/11.

Seek help people if you can't forget this planed-crashing-in-towers event. Worse things have happened since and before. Perspective.

(ps. I don't see how religion enters into this, erik and the systematic extermination of European Jews, Gypsies, Russians, gays and mentally disabled did happen in the 3rd Reich Dakar. Get a grip already!)

V

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2006, 09:57 PM

I'm talking about your conversion to Catholicism last year. It was in reference to Adam Betts who asked the same question I did a while back: What happened to the old voodoo.

We already went over this.
( Last edited by - - e r i k - -; Sep 12, 2006 at 10:16 PM. )

C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2006, 09:59 PM

vmarks will soon lock this thread...
Signature depreciated.

Forum Links
Forum Rules