Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Update Safari 4.1.2?

Update Safari 4.1.2?
Curiosity
Senior User
Sep 9, 2010, 03:11 AM

I tried the new version (or what is supposed to be the new version of Safari for Tiger, but it loads as Safari 4.1Tiger, and will not install because it says there is a newer version installed already. What is Apple doing? Did they simply rename version 4.1 as 4.1.2 and expect it to install?

Matius
Forum Regular
Sep 10, 2010, 05:32 PM

I had the same problem when I downloaded the update from Apple several days ago. Only Safari just refused to work. So I got rid of the 4.1.2 version and tried to use an older version to get up and going again. Older versions will not install because there is a "newer" version of Safari somewhere on the computer, but damned if I can find it. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it, as I'm sure Curiosity would.
“Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Curiosity  (op)
Senior User
Sep 11, 2010, 01:34 AM

If you get Pacifist, it can extract the Safari.app interface from an older install package. You can actually use that with the newer Webkit rendering engine successfully. I found that the link to Safari was changed to version 4.1.2 the next day, so it is now available from the Apple site.

Forum Links
Forum Rules