Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > A new gamer in need of a game!

A new gamer in need of a game!
meetingpeopleiseasy
Nov 22, 2003, 10:06 PM

Hi-
I just recently purchased a 1.8 ghz G5 for designing and now I have some free time and I'm in need of a great game to play! I will buy a joystick if needed(tell me what's good) to play this game. What are your favorites? I have played a little of MYST before on a friend's machine, but I am open to all types of games.

I really liked the LOTR games for the PS2 and Vice city type games.

Thanks!
http://www.december9.net

i am yujin
Forum Regular
Nov 22, 2003, 11:04 PM

haha too bad all those LOTR and GTA type games are for the PC.

On the other hand, I suggest Starcraft.

meetingpeopleiseasy  (op)
Nov 22, 2003, 11:29 PM

maybe i should just buy another PS2?
http://www.december9.net

i am yujin
Forum Regular
Nov 23, 2003, 04:18 AM

Or maybe a PC or a GC or a X-Box?

Turias
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2003, 12:53 PM

You should search through the recent threads in this forum. A lot of them have been have been started by people asking very similar questions, and many of them have great answers in them.

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2003, 03:43 PM

I just played ghost recon multiplayer. Really nice game with excellent graphics and a really nice sense of realisim.

Ambrosia will be releasing a nice road racing game soon called redline.

The closest thing to lotr would be Jedi Knight II and the upcoming Jedi Acadamy.

Those cows won't know what hit 'em. They won't know what hit them even after it hits them, because they're cows.

Liquidity X
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2003, 05:54 PM

The new Wolvie game is really good. The new star trek game is great to. And maybe u wanan check out Ever Quest, it really has me hooked.

Jadis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2003, 04:14 PM

Okay with that machine you need to get into some RTCW or UT2003, something online and kick some ass!

Of course there is Doom3 coming soon, so that'll be a nice hardware test as well as a test of your psychological make-up from what I've seen. That will be the game to play.
Micro What??

--------------------------

12" 900mhz iBook 640 Airport

G4 933 1Gig 9700 80x2 20"

AngryAngel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2003, 12:27 PM

Originally posted by Liquidity X:
The new Wolvie game is really good. The new star trek game is great to. And maybe u wanan check out Ever Quest, it really has me hooked.
I don't like first person shooters that much- but like X-Men, so thought about getting Wolverine's Revenge. I saw some average reviews, and a gamer friend of mine said it was useless- so I passed on it. Do you think it is worth buying?

How good are the graphics/smoothness of character animation? My machine is a 1.6 G5 with Radeon 9600 and 1.25GB RAM. Is it better than Oni in this respect? I am tempted by Oni for my next gamne as it is available quite cheaply.

I opted for Warcraft III, and bought TFT expansion when I completed it. I enjoy the online games, though most people on the European battle.net seem to be 13 years old with attitude problems.

I recently bought Neverwinter Nights, which has nice shadows and lighting with all settings turned up to highest. Frame rates drop right off above 1024x768 though. The story is quite good. Though I'm not sure how re-playable it will be as it seem to be quite linear, with just some side-quests along the way. I suppose I could try focus on a few quests this time, instead of doing them all with one character (so I'll have the others to do when I come back a re-play with a different character).

I've not used the online game yet, but have heard it is excellent. And free- unlike many other massively multiplayer RPGs (World of Warcraft).

xylon
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 25, 2003, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by Jadis:
Okay with that machine you need to get into some RTCW or UT2003, something online and kick some ass!

Of course there is Doom3 coming soon, so that'll be a nice hardware test as well as a test of your psychological make-up from what I've seen. That will be the game to play.
In complete accordance. UT2003 has me hooked something bad. Reeaaallll bad.

^Thanks to sealobo
Viva le ScrollWheel!

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2003, 04:54 PM

I really really enjoyed Oni. Just keep in mind its a little old but quite unique.

Those cows won't know what hit 'em. They won't know what hit them even after it hits them, because they're cows.

dialo
Senior User
Nov 25, 2003, 07:02 PM

Max Payne.

Forum Links
Forum Rules