Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Authentication following screensaver doesn't work in 10.4.6?

Authentication following screensaver doesn't work in 10.4.6?
rlorenc
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 4, 2006, 02:15 PM

Is anyone else having the problem of not having to authenticate when you are exiting from your screensaver? I have the option checked in the Security System Preference and I just noticed that it's not working.

Is it not working for other folks?

Thanks.

cms
Senior User
Apr 4, 2006, 02:21 PM

Still works fine for me. Did you repair permissions after applying the software update?

rlorenc  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 4, 2006, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by cms
Still works fine for me. Did you repair permissions after applying the software update?
Sure did. I'll do it again.

Also, I am still prompted to enter my password after wake-up from sleep.

Weird.

cybergoober
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2006, 02:32 PM

Working fine here.

frdmfghtr
Senior User
Apr 5, 2006, 12:21 AM

Take a peek at your screensaver time-out and power-saving screen timeout settings. For a while (before the update) I thought I was having trouble, but I had the screen set to blank out on the power saver after 5 minutes, but the screen saver set to 15 minutes.

rlorenc  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 5, 2006, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by frdmfghtr
Take a peek at your screensaver time-out and power-saving screen timeout settings. For a while (before the update) I thought I was having trouble, but I had the screen set to blank out on the power saver after 5 minutes, but the screen saver set to 15 minutes.
I'm certain that I'm in my screensaver (and not just dimming-out) before I move my cursor and am, then, not prompted with an authentication window like usual.

So, it's still not working correctly after multiple permission repairs and restarts. I have no third-party hacks installed.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Philip J. Fry
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 5, 2006, 03:51 PM

How long is the screensaver running before you attempt this? Sometimes setting it then quickly deactivating it can cause this behavior.

rlorenc  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 5, 2006, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Philip J. Fry
How long is the screensaver running before you attempt this? Sometimes setting it then quickly deactivating it can cause this behavior.
The problem actually only occurs if I use the hot corner to activate the screensaver and then quickly move my cursor to deactivate it.

This isn't as big of a problem as I originally thought. But I don't think that this is how the screensaver operated prior to 10.4.6.

Oh, well.

Thanks, everybody.
( Last edited by rlorenc; Apr 5, 2006 at 11:05 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules