Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > safari and yahoo mail

safari and yahoo mail
fisherKing
Professional Poster
May 16, 2007, 08:33 PM

i'ts driving me up the wall (a bit, anyway )
the new yahoo mail is not compatible with safari (yet, anyway).
so every time i go from 'my yahoo' to check mail, i go thru an extra screen (where i am told, i am not on a compatible browser for the new yahoo mail, and i then click and go to the usual mail window).

how can i 'convince' yahoo mail that i am visiting with firefox?
( Last edited by fisherKing; May 17, 2007 at 02:56 AM. )
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Visualize
Forum Regular
May 17, 2007, 01:46 PM

The Debug menu item does nothing? I believe you can spoof as Mozilla 1.1 in there. Try that. Or else i'm not sure.

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
May 18, 2007, 12:55 PM

I don't have that problem when I use Safari for Yahoo! Mail. It just loads the old one.

fisherKing  (op)
Professional Poster
May 18, 2007, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mac User #001 View Post
I don't have that problem when I use Safari for Yahoo! Mail. It just loads the old one.
hmmm...good info; will investigate.
it happens to me EVERY TIME...
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.

variozin
May 23, 2007, 03:34 AM

me like the old one, so ok for me
the new one is so clustered

nemanirc
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 17, 2007, 08:23 AM

It has been far too long since Yahoo! Mail entered its "beta" testing for the new interface (which I like on the slow-launching FireFox) to not work on Safari. Is Apple's implementation of its browser that odd that Yahoo! cannot have devoted 1/4 of one developer's time in the last two years to make their web mail work? I think it is pretty pathetic. It is especially frustrating that visiting mail.yahoo.com does not put you into your inbox, but requires an extra click.
R. C. Nemanick, Ph.D.
PBG4 12" 867MHz 640 MB RAM
PMG3 500MHz 1 GB RAM

fisherKing  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 17, 2007, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by nemanirc View Post
It has been far too long since Yahoo! Mail entered its "beta" testing for the new interface (which I like on the slow-launching FireFox) to not work on Safari. Is Apple's implementation of its browser that odd that Yahoo! cannot have devoted 1/4 of one developer's time in the last two years to make their web mail work? I think it is pretty pathetic. It is especially frustrating that visiting mail.yahoo.com does not put you into your inbox, but requires an extra click.

this is an old thread lol! from may (2 months real-time, 1 year computer time).
anyway...without changing anything (that i am aware of), i now get taken direct to my yahoo mail (old format) from myyahoo; no extra click....

mandmowichita
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 17, 2007, 10:46 AM

I still have to go through the extra click on my work PC and the "new" Yahoo! Beta only lets one add a signature file ALL the time or none of the time (you can open Options, copy your sig., close out of options (it ALWAYS asks if you want to save the changes that you didn't make), and then paste your copied sig. file onto the email.

Any Yahoo! developers reading? When you upgrade the "new" mail Beta to use Safari, maybe you can also make it more compatible with Palm T/X OS ?

Forum Links
Forum Rules