Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > CrystalClear Interface 2.0: First Release Ready

CrystalClear Interface 2.0: First Release Ready
marsmuse
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2009, 12:11 AM

The first release of CrystalClear Interface 2.0 is now available to try out. You can download the software from the CrystalClear Interface website.

Please Be sure to also read the Documentation, preferably before installing CCI 2.0.

Oh, and you might want to check out the set of screenshots I've just posted on Musings from Mars.

Cheers,
Leland

Curiosity
Senior User
Feb 8, 2009, 03:02 AM

When one tries to download that app, why does the site keep asking for a password? The description on all the sites that describe it says that it is free, but I keep being asked for a password.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Feb 11, 2009, 07:45 PM

i played with a early beta, pretty cool. will try to check it out this weekend...thanx!
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Proudest Monkey
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2009, 10:39 PM

lots of potential - 1 question;

I downloaded and installed and it turned my menubar black - to the point that i cannot read it.

It states in the help file that

⁃ Toggle Crystal Menubar turns the menubar on or off depending on its current state. If you have deselected the "Keep Crystal Menubar On" option in the CCI Preferences panel, this toggle will do nothing.

but where is that option? It seems obvious but I'm struggling.

Thanks!
MacBook 13.3" C2D 2.0ghz 2gb/160gb

Professional Poster
Feb 12, 2009, 07:36 PM

I don't mean to be rude, but why the hell would you want your windows to be see-through? Its worse than Vista; at least Vista blurs the lower windows.

Proudest Monkey
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2009, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but why the hell would you want your windows to be see-through? Its worse than Vista; at least Vista blurs the lower windows.
Great thanks, I'll try that!

Why. Even. Post.

Professional Poster
Feb 12, 2009, 11:10 PM

You'll try... what?

Proudest Monkey
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 13, 2009, 02:47 PM

You'll try... what?
Hmm ... how can I spell this out for you?

Your comment implied that no would even want to download this software to try it out. Right?

So, instead of being useful, you criticized the software and anyone looking for *real* advice or tips.

So, my reply was to insinuate as to how helpful you were (which you were not). Followed by my - why even post comment.

Got it?

Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2009, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Proudest Monkey
Your comment implied that no would even want to download this software to try it out. Right?
No.

So, instead of being useful, you criticized the software and anyone looking for *real* advice.
Nope. I was asking what benefit people can see in having their windows see through. By not giving an answer, you have only perpetuated the "uselessness."

Proudest Monkey
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 13, 2009, 06:09 PM

No.

Nope. I was asking what benefit people can see in having their windows see through. By not giving an answer, you have only perpetuated the "uselessness."
sigh - now I guess I'm just trying to get my post total higher.

OKAY - on top of your aggressive language (hell - who uses that in conversation anyways?) your statement had nothing to do with my question.

My question was regarding the MENUBAR not the ability to make windows transparent.

So, unless anyone else has downloaded the software and has an answer for me I guess I'll wait until the documentation is improved or more people have a chance to try the software out.

Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2009, 06:19 PM

Oh ok, I see you thought I was attacking you. I was just asking generally; that my post followed yours and could be misconstrued was a conicidence.

marsmuse  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 13, 2009, 09:37 PM

If you get a black menubar while using CCI 2.0, it's probably because at some point you had turned the default translucent Leopard bar off, either through a tool like Secrets, or using the toggle Apple added to the Desktop Pictures preference pane. I believe if you re-enable that option, the menubar will come back. (You may need to log out?) I'll be adding something about this to the troubleshooting section, and will try to work around the problem in the next release.

To adamfishercox, who was definitely attacking me in his comments: Why don't you take a moment to think before you attack next time around? If you took a moment to even glance at the CCI home page, you'd know that you don't have to employ transparency if you don't want to. It's an option I happen to prefer, for reasons described ad nauseum in the articles referenced in the "For More Information" section of the CCI 2.0 Documentation.

Perhaps you'd like to take a look, or perhaps not. If not, try just keeping quiet next time. If you want to debate the merits of transparency, together with the use of Single Application Mode (SAM), another feature of CCI 2.0, feel free to email and I'll be happy to discuss it.

Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2009, 09:42 PM

*sigh*

Tyinturru
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2009, 12:22 AM

Well, I installed - liked it for a week, but then I noticed it slowing down a lot of applications and not running smoothly so I decided to uninstall. To my extreme irritation I noticed after uninstalling that CrystalClear 2.0 had done the exact same thing that the previous version had and changed all of my scrollbars. I tried everything to change them back to aqua but nothing worked so I had to completely reinstall Leopard - it bothered me that much. I love the look of CrystalClear but I don't care for the lagging of everything compounded with the style of the scrollbars which don't really excite me... sorry to be negative, but the aftermath was really bothersome especially for the second time.
°.°.°Clear°.°.°Water°.°.°

Forum Links
Forum Rules