Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > limit for HD size iBook G4

limit for HD size iBook G4
matty-uk
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2006, 05:18 AM

Hi all,

I should get my 1.33GHz iBook tomorrow and want to change the HD from the 40gig as it's rather slow. I've done a search based on recommendations but nothing turned up so here is my thread

Is there any upper limit for a drive? Initially i'm thinking of say 100 gig or something. Ideally I'd like to buy one from here as they're close. Would any of the 2.5" discs work in the iBook?

Cheers,

Would any of these be suitable?

( Last edited by matty-uk; Aug 18, 2006 at 05:45 AM. )

ibook_steve
Aug 18, 2006, 01:33 PM

There is no limit as long as you purchase a parallel ATA 2.5" drive. ATA is a standard interface and doesn't care what the size of the drive is. It's usually the OS that limits how much hard drive space the machine can handle, but with any recent OS version, you should be fine.

Steve

matty-uk  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2006, 03:16 PM

Cheers steve now i know it's a PATA drive I've got a much larger selection of drives from scan. Depending on how rich I'm feeling I could get a 160 for £137 or a 120 for around £80.

Forum Links
Forum Rules