Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Aperture 2 on Penryn Macbook

Aperture 2 on Penryn Macbook
iamnotmad
Senior User
Mar 16, 2008, 08:58 PM

Hi all, I've seen a lot of talk about it, but I thought I'd throw in my experience. I just started using Aperture on my Penryn Macbook (4GB) and wow am I surprised how perfectly usable it is! I expected poor performance from what I've read here. Granted I'm a hobbyist and do not need to work superfast, but I find it very usable and very fun.

redhot_nyc
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2008, 01:56 AM

I noticed a BIG speed improvement on my anemic GMA950 (Core Duo) - Apple seems to have been doing a great job of optimisation. Very impressed that they haven't forgotten the 1st gen MacBook.

asmartin88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 20, 2008, 07:59 AM

I've used Photoshop Elements before, but I'm brand new to Aperture. I've been able to rotate pictures, but only in 90 deg increments. Is it possible to rotate a corner to any desired angle? My goal is to create a single 4x6 Book page to use as a graduation post card, with serveral pictures overlapped at various angles. If there's a better forum/thread for this, please let me know. Thanx.
2.8Ghz 8 Core Mac Pro, 8GB RAM, BenQ FP241W display, Epson R1900
--Alan

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 20, 2008, 11:33 AM

Aperture is not really an image manipulation program like PS or PS Elements. Think about it more like a darkroom, where you fine tune each image individually.

Forum Links
Forum Rules