Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Should Americans Be Prosecuted For Going To Amsterdam To Smoke Hash?

Should Americans Be Prosecuted For Going To Amsterdam To Smoke Hash? (Page 4)
mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2005, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by AKcrab
You're a funny guy.
Tommy DeVito: How am I funny, like a clown? What is so funny about me? What the **** is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny.
Henry Hill: Get the **** outta here, Tommy.
Tommy DeVito: Ha ha. I almost had you.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Aug 3, 2005, 03:20 AM

suvsr4terrorists: You think this thread sucks? You should see that other thread...

"Terrorists: Please blow up the DMVs if you have to blow something up"

Now that one really sucks.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 3, 2005, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by budster101
suvsr4terrorists: You think this thread sucks? You should see that other thread...

"Terrorists: Please blow up the DMVs if you have to blow something up"

Now that one really sucks.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Aug 3, 2005, 12:08 PM

The cuckoo clock is actually from the Black Forest area in Germany -- not Switzerland.

tooki

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2005, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by tooki
The cuckoo clock is actually from the Black Forest area in Germany -- not Switzerland.
Yeah, I was always wondering about that
Wait, DMW and cuckoo clock ?

Edit:
Ah, ok, I got it...

-t

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 3, 2005, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777
Wait, DMW and cuckoo clock ?
Dayerische Motor-Wagen?

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2005, 04:00 PM

tooki
Wow! That is almost, no, it is ACTUALLY ENCYCLOPEDIC!!!

Thanks, so noted. Now, to jump into the weather changing mach...er...the WAY BACK MACHINE and correct that damn Harry Lime

Harry Lime: Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? NOT EVEN A FRIGGIN CUCKOO CLOCK. So long Holly.

The Third Man (1949) The Third Man:Redux (2005)
Fixed.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2005, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Oisín
Dayerische Motor-Wagen?

for myself...

-t

GranolaBoy
Forum Regular
Aug 3, 2005, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by mojo2
...As for you, boy, I know you'd rather stick with your pot and crunchy dry grainy sugar laden granola bars with lots of preservatives.

But for once, why don't you be a MAN and go to Jack's and get yerself a Ciabatta Burger!

You are a strange little man. For the record, I don't do reefer. Granola, yes. And the real thing is not sugar laden or preserved. Wish I could say the same for burger buns.

I think everyone here has made it clear that your ideas on drugs are equivalent to the Supersize Me approach to fast food. It's kind've interesting that you refuse to address that. What experience do you have with the subject to criticize users?

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2005, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by GranolaBoy
You are a strange little man. For the record, I don't do reefer. Granola, yes. And the real thing is not sugar laden or preserved. Wish I could say the same for burger buns.

I think everyone here has made it clear that your ideas on drugs are equivalent to the Supersize Me approach to fast food. It's kind've interesting that you refuse to address that. What experience do you have with the subject to criticize users?
I was addicted to Granola from 1990 til 1999. Since Jan. 1, 2000, I've been clean and un-grainy. But it's very much one day at a time. One day at a time.

My ideas on DRUGS are EQUIVALENT to the SUPERSIZE Me APPROACH to FAST FOOD???

You need to do like I did. There's a twelve step program waiting for you.

The 12 Steps

We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable
Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God
Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs
Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character
Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings
Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all
Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others
Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it
Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out
Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs
And don't get hung up on the God references. "Higher Power," "Head Hairy One" or "Captain Kirk" will suffice for you.

All that genetically altered grain has gotten the best of you, it seems.

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:n...&client=safari

Bio-agriculture: Transgenic Plants and Genetically Modified Organisms GMOs in the U.S.

75% of the cotton crop.

50% of the soy bean crop.

20% of the corn crop.

Other crops: (canola, cherry tomatoes, squash, sugar beets, potatoes).

Some GMO Products

Kellogg’s Corn Flakes

Heinz Baby Cereal

Nestle Carnation Infant Formula

Quaker Chewy Granola Bars

Ultra Slim Fast

Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix

Alpo Dry Pet Food

McDonald’s McVeggie Burger

Old El Paso Taco Shells
See, that's what made ME crazy and shrill and petty and turned ME into a busy-body who was always looking to find reasons to put other people down but only made ME seem like a SANCTIMONIOUS ASSHOLE. It's the damn GMO's. And Granolaboy, you seem to be GMO'd like a MO-FO, BRO!

Repeat after me, 12 steps...12 steps...no more granola...no more granola...

Yet, that's not the most disgusting part of the granola addiction. Take it from my friend, glen...

http://www.petting-zoo.net/~deadbeef/archive/1392.html

Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 17:11:17 -0400

Newsgroups: alt.cereal,alt.peeves
Subject: Re: May contain traces of Almonds!!!

>In response to the last message: Sure it's good that General Mills gives
>warning about almonds but it would be even BETTER if they did something
>to RECTIFY the situation, like getting new, clean machinery! If almonds
>can slip into their machinery by accident, who's to say the same can't be
>said for dirt, hair, etc.?

Kid, you don't *want* to know what slips into their machinery.
See, I grew up on a farm in Iowa, selling General Mills that grain for
your daily breakfast. Want to know what went into their machines?

First, there's the pheasants harvested along with the corn, as
well as the occassional raccoon, deer, and a few field mice. Then there
me, unloading a wagon of grain when suddenly Nature Calls. I can't be
certain that a little splatter didn't make its way into the auger along
with the corn, oats, soybeans, or wheat that day. 'Course, it doesn't
matter much because when the drying fan is turned on there's always at
least one rat schredded and blown into the bin, the hazards of living
in an access tunnel to your favorite food. Don't mind the rat **** in
your breakfast -- it doesn't even make up 1% of the total I sold to
General Mills last year.

Ah, yes, then there's the oil and grease present from being
harvested by machine and transported by machine, the herbicide and
insecticide residue from last season's spraying, that healthy **** I
had one afternoon when I was eight miles from the nearest outhouse,
the occassional lead bullet or shot pellet left over from last fall's
hunting season, and that's not to mention the occassional wad of spit
or cigar butt tossed in by the chewers and smokers among we farming
types as we auger the grain from wagon to bin.

And you're hoping General Mills cleans the almonds from their
packaging equipment? Kid, I don't even clean the dead rats from the
unloading auger before I fire it up -- the miniscule almond bit is
*nothing* compared to what other items are in your food supply.

And I ought to know -- I helped put them there. Every time I
see some granola-munching, Birkenstock-wearing tofu freak spouting off
about his pet cause du jour like irradiated apples or meat is murder,
I have to consciously stifle a chuckle knowing what I did in the soybean
bin last harvest.

The words, "Eat **** and die" take on a whole new meaning.
I couldn't say it like him but you get the drift.

And, FINALLY...

EVERYONE who is as concerned with what they eat as you seem to be, HAS to know what their food is made of, right?

Well, maple syrup, honey, brown sugar, turbino sugar, sugar cane are ALL the same thing in terms of being healthy...

IT AIN'T!

http://www2.ctahr.hawaii.edu/consume...ne/chsugar.htm

From a nutritional standpoint, all sugars are equal - one sugar isn't "healthier" than another. For example, the body doesn't see any difference between granulated sugar and honey - both will ultimately be broken down to the same simple sugars.

(...)

Sucrose
Refined sugar
High fructose corn syrup
Fructose
Dextrose
Honey
Maltose
Concentrated fruit juice
Invert sugar
Turbinado sugar
Confectioner's (powdered) sugar
Yeah, BOY, sugar is a killer and between it and GMO's it will make you, well like you seem to be on these pages...

Check it out.

Is sugar bad for you?

The white crystalline substance we know of as sugar is an unnatural substance produced by industrial processes (mostly from sugar cane or sugar beets) by refining it down to pure sucrose, after stripping away all the vitamins, minerals, proteins, enzymes and other beneficial nutrients.

What is left is a concentrated unnatural substance which the human body is not able to handle, at least not in anywhere near the quantities that is now ingested in today's accepted lifestyle. Sugar is addictive. The average American now consumes approximately 115 lbs. of sugar per year. This is per man, woman and child.

The biggest reason sugar does more damage than any other poison, drug or narcotic is twofold:
• (a) It is considered a "food" and ingested in such massive quantities, and
• (b) The damaging effects begin early, from the day a baby is born and is fed sugar in its formula. Even mothers milk is contaminated with it if the mother eats sugar, and
• (c) Practically 95% of people are addicted to it to some degree or other.
Sugar is eaten to excess

It has been said that the criteria as to whether a substance (any substance) is harmful or medically beneficial is the quantity in which it is used in the human body. To point to a dramatic illustration: we all know that the venom of a rattlesnake, a cobra, water moccasin, coral, and other venomous snakes is deadly to the human system. There are some snakes whose bite is so deadly it can cause death within a matter of seconds. Nevertheless, even snake venom, deadly as it is, has been used for therapeutic, medical purposes when used in minute quantities.
History of sugar

Whereas sugar had been around in minute quantities for several thousand years, it was practically unknown and formed an insignificant part of the average diet in the Classical civilizations of Egypt, Greece and Rome. The Greeks (who had a word for nearly everything!) did not even have a word for it. Even in medieval Europe it was practically unknown and then only a rare delicacy in the royal courts.

During the last major Crusade that ended in 1204 some of the Christian Crusaders were introduced to sugar freely used by the Saracens. The Moors when invading and colonizing the southern part of Spain grew sugar cane on Spanish soil and refined sugar. When Spain drove out the Moors, it inherited some of the cane plantations. It was during this time that Christendom took its first big bite of the forbidden fruit and liked it.
Sugar is an unnatural chemical

Why is sugar so devastating to our health? One reason is it is pure chemical and (like heroin) through refining has been stripped of all the natural food nutrition that it originally had in the plant itself.

Heroin and sugar are arrived at by very similar processes of refinement. In producing heroin, the opium is first extracted from the poppy: The opium is then refined into morphine. The chemists then went to work on morphine and further refined it into heroin, proclaiming they had "discovered" a wonderful new pain-killer that was non-addictive. So they said.

Similarly, sugar is first pressed as a juice from the cane (or beet) and refined into molasses. Then it is refined into brown sugar, and finally into strange white crystals C12H22O, that are an alien chemical to the human system.
Sugar is addictive

A second reason that sugar is so harmful is that like heroin it is addictive, and being delectable and seductive to the taste, it is also habit forming. Starting with sugar in the baby's formula, people not only develop a strong taste for sugar but an insatiable craving for it so that they never seem to get enough of this poison.
Slow but insidious

A third reason is that the damage sugar does is slow and insidious. It takes years before it ruins your pancreas, your adrenal glands, throws your whole endocrine system out of kilter and produces a huge list of damage.
Foods are loaded with sugar

A fourth reason is the outrageous amounts of sugar civilized nations consume. Americans in particular are told how they are the best fed and best nourished people on the face of the earth. If we are talking about processed junk food - this is true.

If you examine the "foods" in any supermarket more closely and start reading labels, you will find just about everything contains sugar. Most of the foods are loaded with it - from cereals, to soups, to ketchup, to hotdogs. Even flue-cured tobacco can contain as much as 20% sugar by weight. Some cereals are as much as 50% sugar.
List of Damages

We have stated that sugar is deleterious to your health: that it is more damaging than all other narcotics combined; that it is a long term chemical poison. Just what damage does sugar do to the human body? The list is endless.

When we talk about sugar, we are including bad nutrition as a whole, since anyone who indulges in sugar has bad dietary habits per se.

1 Sugar is by far the leading cause of dental deterioration - cavities in teeth, bleeding gums, failure of bone structure, and loss of teeth.
2 Sugar is the main cause of diabetes, hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.
3 It is either a significant or contributory cause of heart disease, arteriosclerosis, mental illness, depression, senility, hypertension, cancer.
4 It has an extremely harmful effect in unbalancing the endocrine system and injuring its component glands such as the adrenal glands, pancreas and liver, causing the blood sugar level to fluctuate widely. It has a number of other extremely damaging effects on the human body.

Some of the other effects of sugar on the body are:
• Increases overgrowth of candida yeast organism
• Increases chronic fatigue
• Can trigger binge eating in those with bulima
• Increases PMS symptoms
• Increases hyperactivity in about 50% of children
• Increases tooth decay
• Increases anxiety and irritability
• Can increase or intensify symptoms of anxiety and panic in susceptible women
• Can make it difficult to lose weight because of constantly high insulin levels, which causes the body to store excess carbs as fat.

There are a number of books available on the subject, but perhaps one of the most interesting ones is "Sugar Blues" by William Dufty. It is available in most Health Food stores.

http://www.organicnutrition.co.uk/ar...ad-for-you.htm
Yeah, holmes, I'd be LESS concerned with me and MORE concerned with YOU, if I was you.

(Glad that I AIN'T! )

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 3, 2005, 07:24 PM

There is nothing like waking up and blowing two lines of sugar off a stipper's thigh.

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2005, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by sek929
There is nothing like waking up and blowing two lines of sugar off a stipper's thigh.
Does stipper mean s-tipper and does THAT mean they are a shitty tipper???

Why, I'd just hand them a whisk broom or tell them to brush that sugar off themselves since they didn't appreciate my service enough to give me a decent tip.

Uh, how did I service them, anyway???

Er, I mean, how did YOU service them?

GranolaBoy
Forum Regular
Aug 3, 2005, 07:56 PM

mojo, again -- you are strange. And have spent an awful lot of energy avoiding the point: what experience do you have with pot that you are such a judger of those who use it? Why the crazy bias against one substance (and those who use it) while accepting another equally harmful issue as morally superior?

This isn't about God or me or anything else. It's your thread, it's about you. So what's the deal?

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2005, 08:14 PM

mojo, again -- you are strange. And have spent an awful lot of energy avoiding the point: what experience do you have with pot that you are such a judger of those who use it? Why the crazy bias against one substance (and those who use it) while accepting another equally harmful issue as morally superior?

This isn't about God or me or anything else. It's your thread, it's about you. So what's the deal?
IF, as you say, because it is "MY THREAD" (???) you say it should be about ME, I will be the hospitable host and will, instead, make it ALLLLLLL about YOU!

YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU, and YOU!

Uh oh, "here come da JUDGER, here come da JUDGER! Order in da courtroom, here come da JUDGER!!!" That kind of judger???

Oh, I think the sugar and (OMG! ) GMO grain in your Granola bars makes you think I accept another harmful SUBSTANCE (not ISSUE, boy) as morally superior.

Are you sugar/GMO addled???

The ONLY "issue" I think of as being morally superior is Jesus.

Show me where I morally judged anyone on these boards...for their pot use?

I MIGHT make an exception for YOU if you admitted to smoking it.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2005, 08:19 PM

Either mojo's caps lock is broken or he could benefit from some pot right now...
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2005, 08:29 PM

Chuckit! I JUST got it!

"Because Rico Suave was unavailable."
Your sig explains your CURRENT relationship with someone else other than Rico Suave to those who might wonder.

You needn't explain to US!

I went out with a girl who was my second choice but I informed my FIRST choice in person and privately so. I didn't plaster it online putting ALL my bizness "in the streets."

You'll never get Rico this way.

IMHO.

GranolaBoy
Forum Regular
Aug 3, 2005, 09:10 PM

IF, as you say, because it is "MY THREAD" (???) you say it should be about ME, I will be the hospitable host and will, instead, make it ALLLLLLL about YOU!
Yeah, there's a surprise.

Nevermind. I have some drying paint that I need to watch.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 3, 2005, 09:13 PM

I remember smoking joints with three strippers in the bathroom a few times.

Got quite the show.

wvx
Forum Regular
Aug 3, 2005, 09:34 PM

As long as the airline pilot that flew me to Amsterdam isn't allowed...

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 3, 2005, 10:23 PM

See what happens when mojo2 tries to be civilized?

Swiss, huh?

I don't want to imply everyone in Cuckoo Clock Land is a HELMET HEAD...

...but shouldn't those guys put condoms on those things?

more to come

I think the joke is on you. I live in Switzerland but I'm not Swiss. Apart from which I don't really know what that little bit of retarded humour had to do with my post, which was about beneficial intoxicants.

But hey, if you need to spend half a page on a forum making fun of some random nation because you're unable to actually answer one single question posed at you, feel free.

Puts your beliefs and your religion in a really sh¡t light though, doesn't it? I know that Kevin or Railroader, two fairly religious people here, would at least have the decency to stand up for their beliefs.

Other than that, welcome to my ignore list.
weird wabbit

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 3, 2005, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
I remember smoking joints with three strippers in the bathroom a few times.

Got quite the show.
Stoned secret stripper show? Where do I sign?

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 4, 2005, 12:04 AM

Stoned secret stripper show? Where do I sign?
Well I was 21, me and my friend went to this certain strip club that he knew the waitress. She used to work with him at Krogers.

She gave us every other drink free.

She knew we had dope. So I guess a few of the gals was talking about wanting to get high badly.

She mentioned that we had something.. etc.

She came to us saying if we wanted a private show, meet them in the private "bathrooms"

So we did. It was amusing to say the least.

It's amazing what a gal will do for her drug of choice.

Sad too sometimes.

I don't condone any of these actions BTW.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2005, 12:16 AM

Bah you don't need to, I condone them myself

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2005, 02:25 AM

No they shouldn't, hell it shouldn't even be illegal in the United States.

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2005, 02:44 AM

Yeah, there's a surprise.

Nevermind. I have some drying paint that I need to watch.
Hurry back. Toenails don't take too long, do they?

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2005, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by theolein
I think the joke is on you. I live in Switzerland but I'm not Swiss. Apart from which I don't really know what that little bit of retarded humour had to do with my post, which was about beneficial intoxicants.

But hey, if you need to spend half a page on a forum making fun of some random nation because you're unable to actually answer one single question posed at you, feel free.

Puts your beliefs and your religion in a really sh¡t light though, doesn't it? I know that Kevin or Railroader, two fairly religious people here, would at least have the decency to stand up for their beliefs.

Other than that, welcome to my ignore list.
You are not REALLY putting me on your ignore list, are you?!?!

Please...no...I need you to complete me!!!

Oh theolein, c'mon and tell me about my beliefs and my shet religion...

You are rude and smug and sound like a young silly fuzzy brained brat.

Ahhh. Where do I begin?

When you VOLUNTEER your opinion when it wasn't solicited, be prepared for someone to inform you, politely or not, to mind your own beeswax.

Personally, I don't mind it when someone sticks their noses in where it isn't invited in my discussions as long as they don't criticize me. If they do, they must be prepared for me to have fun with them. I don't always take umbrage, but you gotta know it's possible. So you just watch your step, junior.

Next, you say you aren't a mod or admin. Yes. That seems to be the case. And because you AREN'T in a position of authority HOW DO YOU FIGGER YOU CAN DISS ME? You wouldn't do that **** in person. You think because someone is civil and polite that you can drop a load on them and then wipe yo ass with their own shirt? No, no, no, no, no!

You don't know me, we've never exchanged a 'how you doin?' or nothing but since you live in Switzerland you think you can act superior to me??? Mojo2 don't play that ****. ESPECIALLY from someone like you, talking about your drug use. Yeah, that's what you and some the other young fuzzy brains on these boards need, to get more

Originally Posted by theolein
I'm not an admin nor am I a mod, and I find tooki to be a real pain on occasion, AND I do believe in some higher power, BUT, I think tooki is absolutely right when he tells you to lay off the proselytising (trying to convert others to your religious beliefs). I don't care what you believe in and most people don't either. If you started this thread soley as a vehicle to get your religious beliefs across, then, excuse me, but you're a jerk. If you are so holy, and want everybody to be just like you (fu<k, that would be a boring world where everybody thought the same way) be honest about it when you start a thread.

As for beneficial intoxicants, I'll bite.
Beer: Why do you think beer was such a huge industry in ancient times and the middle ages in Europe? It was, and is if brewed naturally, an excellent source of vitamin B and other nutrients. It kept a lot of people healthy, unless they drank too much of it, but eating too much of anything is unhealthy.
Wine: Wine is also an excellent source of many nutrients and minerals. It's also a natural anti-cancer agent. Ditto about drinking too much of it.
Coca: The South American indians chewed coca leaves traditionally as a natural pain killer. It made life easier for them in the environment they lived in. Refined into cocaine is when it became a scourge.
Tobacco: In ancient America, some wild animals would chew tobacco leaves to suppress hunger pangs.

I could go on, but I've just seen my local heroin dealer walk by and I need to get a new supply with the money that I got from mugging old Christian ladies last night.
You are a piece of work. You make me puke. I welcome YOU to kiss my darkest parts.

EDIT: I just figured it out! You went to Switzerland because it's your habit of pouncing on, or taking advantage of those who seem to be polite and placid because they seem like they are defenseless or that you can get away with having your way with them. The Swiss are neutral so the people there must be push overs, huh? But it really DOES make sense you'd go to a place where the ceremonial guard's helmets look like that. Because you REALLY ARE one of them in spirit and attitude.

OK, NOW you can put me on ignore and I hope you NEVER darken a thread I'm in again or else I may thrash you some more.

( Last edited by mojo2; Aug 4, 2005 at 03:42 AM. )

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Aug 4, 2005, 03:49 AM

Mojo, you need to lay off the caffeine/crack/speed that you're on and come back to earth. That's the most non-sensical, juvenile, goofy and undeserved jab at someone that I've seen in a good long time.

tooki

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 4, 2005, 03:55 AM

In the end, people are going to do what they have to do to get by.

Save the complaints
For a party conversation.
The world is loaded,
It's lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop...

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 4, 2005, 04:29 AM

Wait, that was thrashing? Was the weirdly random speculation about how my sig means I'm gay supposed to be a thrashing too?

I think maybe you've been aiming for "flamebait" but hitting "dope-fiend" instead…
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2005, 06:21 AM

Michael Corleone: I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2005, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin
In the end, people are going to do what they have to do to get by.

Save the complaints
For a party conversation.
The world is loaded,
It's lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop...

ShotgunEd
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2005, 07:33 AM

just to clear something up, weed isn't legal in amsterdam, it has been de-criminalised.

'Coffee' shops that sell weed do so illegally as no license exists for the sale of weed. The authorities have just decided not to prosecute them. If some guy is on the street selling to 5 year olds, he'll get busted and punished under the law.

I smoke a bit from time to time, i smoked quit a bit during my uni years, it slows your brain a little, it can cause depression if you consume too much and consuming a lot for a long period of time can cause psychosis.

But eating too many vitamin c supplements will cause kidney and liver damage.

If you wanna do it, do it in moderation, and don't try to drive or operate heavy machinery. Play some GTA, you'll think its real anyways.

Or better yet, pick up a guitar or a paint brush. Create.

As for the topic, hell no they shouldn't be prosecuted.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Aug 4, 2005, 08:22 AM

Should Europeans be prosecuted? Drugs are illegal in more places than the USA you know.

badidea
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2005, 09:37 AM

Dayerische Motor-Wagen?
actually "Dayerische Motoren Werke"!

SVass
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2005, 10:22 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/04/na...rtner=homepage

the police are telling merchants to be suspicious of sales of charcoal, coffee filters, aluminum foil and Kitty Litter.
Humor from the NY Times in the War on Drugs? sam

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 4, 2005, 10:47 AM

Can you hear the lock ?

-t

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 4, 2005, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by badidea
actually "Dayerische Motoren Werke"!
Arh, what do I know, I'm friggin' Danish! I just heard it some time back when I was six or so and thought it was Motorwagen or something similar...

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 4, 2005, 01:02 PM

Arh, what do I know, I'm friggin' Danish!
You are excused !

-t

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 4, 2005, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by SVass
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/04/na...rtner=homepage

the police are telling merchants to be suspicious of sales of charcoal, coffee filters, aluminum foil and Kitty Litter.
Humor from the NY Times in the War on Drugs? sam
No, thems meth ingredients,

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 4, 2005, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777
You are excused !

-t
Yeah, that one pretty much gets one off anything.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2005, 04:43 PM

Mojo, you need to lay off the caffeine/crack/speed that you're on and come back to earth. That's the most non-sensical, juvenile, goofy and undeserved jab at someone that I've seen in a good long time.

tooki
I'll have to agree with Tooki here, every post I've read of yours is very juvenille.

Not getting enough hugs lately?

GranolaBoy
Forum Regular
Aug 4, 2005, 04:44 PM

[removed oversize image --tooki]
( Last edited by tooki; Aug 8, 2005 at 07:58 AM. )

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2005, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by budster101
Should Europeans be prosecuted? Drugs are illegal in more places than the USA you know.
Ok people, if we are talking about hash oil and only hash oil here p[lease refer to it as so, I hate the term "drugs" used to refer (pun intended) to Pot.

Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2005, 08:56 AM

i smoke it....bout once a week i get ripped and explore some interesting areas of the city, or take a walk in the woods....whatever. Its gives you a fresh perspective and enables you to appreciate many things in ways you might otherwise not even notice.

thats why I like it...you just see things slightly differently and therefore are experiencing just a little more of the whole picture...which is largely concealed from our limited senses.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 5, 2005, 10:09 AM

Ok people, if we are talking about hash oil and only hash oil here p[lease refer to it as so, I hate the term "drugs" used to refer (pun intended) to Pot.
So you're saying you don't think pot is a drug? And we should refer to pot as "hash oil"? Sounds like the ramblings of a pothead.

No thanks, I'll still call it a drug.

threestain
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2005, 10:48 AM

shame that everyone loves a "harmless" drug, that enhances susceptibility to psychosis, causes addiction, mental deterioration and memory loss. Its also sad to see the people who get completely fubarred by it in mental institutions.

Of course same could be said about alcohol, and is, but then the laws governing its use are far more stringent - i.e. its regulated. I'd be interested to know the thinking of most dutch people concerning marijuana.

Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2005, 12:40 PM

you've clearly been brainwashed...

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 5, 2005, 12:48 PM

Pot does not affect any memories you've already made, only the formation of memories from short term into long term. In other words it makes you not pay attention as much to stuff, hence the "forgetful pothead."

However once the immediate effects wear off the brain is no worse for wear.

And no I do not consider pot a drug, its a plant. I guess you could consider THC a drug, but most weed I get is 15-20% THC. Its unrefined, and not made soley for the purpose of extrating pure THC. You can get a buzz of off catnip, trip slightly off of salvia, and those are both legal. Weed to me is an herbal remedy for many things including Nausea from being sick and migranes.

No FUD anyone tries to spread about pot affects me. It has been known to conjure up Psychosis, but only after heavy use for 10-15 years, and I won't be getting stoned ten years from now. Other than that its harmless.

There were large discussions in several of my Psych classes about drugs and their effect on the mind. Pot came out just a little worse for you than Caffeine.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2005, 12:50 PM

sek pot is a drug. Opium poppies are a plant too. It's a drug.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 5, 2005, 12:53 PM

Opium is a potent chemical EXTRACTED from the poppy plant, and then H is super refined opium.

I know its a drug, I just don't like the term drugs, as in, if I am a pot smoker than I do drugs..... uhh yeah I guess but I also do drugs if I take Nyquil, or drink a beer, or a Iced Coffe with a shot of espresso.

Forum Links
Forum Rules