Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Changing Partition Ownership

Changing Partition Ownership
dj247046
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 21, 2002, 01:44 PM

Somehow my first partition is now owned by "System" and I can nolonger change the icon layout of that initial finder window. Normally I would just use the chown command in terminal to change ownership, but the first partition isn't listed in the /Volumes folder and chown will not accept "/" as a parameter.
12" Powerbook/1.5GHz/768MB RAM/60GB HD/Combo
OS 10.4.1

dj247046  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 22, 2002, 12:13 AM

Originally posted by dj247046:
<STRONG>Somehow my first partition is now owned by "System" and I can nolonger change the icon layout of that initial finder window. Normally I would just use the chown command in terminal to change ownership, but the first partition isn't listed in the /Volumes folder and chown will not accept "/" as a parameter. </STRONG>
I was able to solve this problem using a GUI called X-Ray
12" Powerbook/1.5GHz/768MB RAM/60GB HD/Combo
OS 10.4.1

Forum Links
Forum Rules