Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Just ripped Pismo in 6546 pieces... *Update on screen-issue*

Just ripped Pismo in 6546 pieces... *Update on screen-issue*
Powerbook
Mac Elite
May 4, 2002, 02:13 PM

Okay, i have this problem with my TFT: http://forums.macnn.com/cgi-bin/ulti...&f=17&t=004789 and so opened the Powerbook to the bare bones. Everything seems to be okay in place. Now: I made the experience, if i disconnect the orange ribbon cable (video data cable) I get a clean, bright screen. Conclusion - the inverter board/cable must be okay. It has to do something with this broad orange cable. Around the hinge it *seems* to be okay, but I don't know...

Can someone with a failing video cable confirm, that the picture dies rather slowly? Took some hours from the first flashes to a total zombie screen.
Or: Is this rather a problem with a fading chip on the mobo??? (since the cable hasn't to much possibilites to move around, causing these long effects.

Any hints? Should I open the TFT-unit? Please someone give me the address for these technical manusscripts!!!

Best regards!
Powerbook
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

dj247046
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2002, 01:27 AM

In case you don't have the "Powerbook (Firewire) Tech Manual" in its full 111 page glory... Download it from: My Homepage

This PDF file has saved me plenty of times.

Enjoy,

-Dave
12" Powerbook/1.5GHz/768MB RAM/60GB HD/Combo
OS 10.4.1

7Macfreak
Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2002, 04:08 AM

Originally posted by dj247046:
<STRONG>In case you don't have the "Powerbook (Firewire) Tech Manual" in its full 111 page glory... Download it from: My Homepage

This PDF file has saved me plenty of times.

Enjoy,

-Dave</STRONG>
thats awesome! thanks!

btw, where did you find that?

[ 05-05-2002: Message edited by: 7Macfreak ]

maffioso
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2002, 09:23 AM

Developer Notes can be located at the Apple developer site, they are available for every new mac...

They are a very useful resource to justify a purchase, or in your case fix a computer...

Apple Developer
CHRIS SMITH

dj247046
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2002, 09:48 AM

Originally posted by 7Macfreak:
<STRONG>

thats awesome! thanks!

btw, where did you find that?

[ 05-05-2002: Message edited by: 7Macfreak ]</STRONG>
I downloaded it from a website about a year ago. I thought I got it from xlr8yourmac.com, but I couldn't find it there. So, I'm not sure where I got it from, but it's still cool.

-Dave

12" Powerbook/1.5GHz/768MB RAM/60GB HD/Combo
OS 10.4.1

Forum Links
Forum Rules