Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Tech Start Up: Investment Opp

Tech Start Up: Investment Opp
freudling
Banned
Sep 6, 2011, 04:56 PM

As some of you are aware, I've posted in here before about venture capital. I've got a tech start up, and looking for some funding.

I have found the entire venture capital ecosystem sort of repugnant. Tech start ups are reduced to being car salesmen. Everyone thinks they know your business and has something to say. In the end, it's dizzying.

Anyway, I've decided to look for just a small amount of funding for someone to jump in. I know that linking up with the right person is key. So I'm reaching out here.

Looking for about $40-$100 k to have someone jump in. This is a very small amount of money in the larger scope of things. The investment would be an equity stake or convertible debt, but ideally someone who is interested and would want to get involved a bit.

We're about 4 months to market.

It's an interesting business, and one that can make actual, real money. I've got a business plan and further info if you want to PM me.

Thank you.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 6, 2011, 05:11 PM

Odd.

freudling  (op)
Banned
Sep 6, 2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Odd.
What's odd?

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 6, 2011, 05:52 PM

Phone Mike Arrington. I hear he's got some new thing or something.

Maybe you'll get a sweet write-up in Tech Crunch.
( Last edited by ort888; Sep 6, 2011 at 06:17 PM. )

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Brien
Professional Poster
Sep 6, 2011, 06:14 PM

I don't have any money, or I'd totally jump in.

Where's Shaddim when you need him?

freudling  (op)
Banned
Sep 6, 2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
Phone Mike Arrington. I hear he's got some new thing or something.

Maybe you'll get a sweet write-up in Tech Crunch.
It's funny you mention that. Tech Crunch did an article on us already. I didn't even know it, somebody pointed it out to me.

I'm really looking for a smaller investment and trying to stay away from Venture Sharks. Somebody in the know like people on here. We've got some talented people but I just need a bit of capital.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 6, 2011, 06:32 PM

Take AmEx?
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 6, 2011, 07:18 PM

Are personal guarantees part of this investment opportunity, or is that not on the table?
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

freudling  (op)
Banned
Sep 6, 2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Are personal guarantees part of this investment opportunity, or is that not on the table?
Posting this up on MacNN... It's weird but I feel like people on here get tech more than any others I've come across. And we've all been on here together for years so we kinda know each other.

The company was federally incorporated in Canada about a month ago. We have letters of intent. We have sponsorship from the National Research Council of Canada. I've put about $50 k in myself. I wasn't interested in raising money in the beginning but now with the direction we want to go need some capital.

I've got more info via PM if you wish.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 6, 2011, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Brien View Post
I don't have any money, or I'd totally jump in.

Where's Shaddim when you need him?
Who? Wha? He's out planting radishes. Why? Because the damned things don't go out and plant themselves, do they?

On topic: I want to sincerely apologize for my "mildly" intoxicated ass-hattery evidenced here earlier. Please give freudling a listen and see how his idea fits with your financial plans. Best of luck to all involved.
( Last edited by Shaddim; Sep 7, 2011 at 01:47 AM. )
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 7, 2011, 01:17 AM

I would need to know a lot more about the business. Would need to see a business plan, research and would only be willing to match the investment amount that a bank would provide you.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Sep 7, 2011, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Who? Wha? He's out planting radishes. Why? Because the damned things don't go out and plant themselves, do they?
Are you interested in funding fruedling, Shaddim?

freudling, can you tell us the market your company is in?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

freudling  (op)
Banned
Sep 7, 2011, 03:02 AM

It's publishing. Letters of intent. Some real market validation and an excellent chance to strike. We've got some pretty amazing people on creative that would work on it and programming as well.

Lots to see and tell. PM me... I'll send you an NDA and a BP...

Thanks.

freudling  (op)
Banned
Sep 7, 2011, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Athens View Post
I would need to know a lot more about the business. Would need to see a business plan, research and would only be willing to match the investment amount that a bank would provide you.
Ok, I've sent you a PM.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 9, 2011, 01:40 AM

Sadly I can't participate in this venture to do a conflict of interest because of where I work. BUT I will say this, freudlings business has merit and should be seriously considered by others looking for a investment opportunity. If any one thinks hes bullshitting, the post is legitimate and should be taken as serious.

Good Luck Freudling. I might come knocking at your door if I ever leave where I am now.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

freudling  (op)
Banned
Sep 9, 2011, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Athens View Post
Sadly I can't participate in this venture to do a conflict of interest because of where I work. BUT I will say this, freudlings business has merit and should be seriously considered by others looking for a investment opportunity. If any one thinks hes bullshitting, the post is legitimate and should be taken as serious.

Good Luck Freudling. I might come knocking at your door if I ever leave where I am now.
Thanks Athens.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 9, 2011, 02:25 AM

freudling: do you need tech dudes?

freudling  (op)
Banned
Sep 9, 2011, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
freudling: do you need tech dudes?
Yes. PM me.

Forum Links