Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Thursby Dave and OS9

Thursby Dave and OS9
eykim
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 17, 1999, 06:28 PM

Has anyone tried OS9 and Dave to see if their are any incompatabilites? I have OS9 and haven't installed yet due to lack of upgrades to programs that i use and will not until about a month after software developers catch up. Any feedback?

jesustheway
Oct 18, 1999, 04:07 AM

Dave works with 9.0

------------------
Sean <><

schnide
Oct 21, 1999, 07:56 AM

I exchanged emailk with Thursby support and they said there are some issues that will be resolved in an upcoming DAVE 2.5.

RandyMan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 1999, 11:19 AM

"schnide", could you elaborate on the "issues"? I haven't experienced any problems (yet), but I'd like to be informed just in case things start going wonky.

Oz Factor
Oct 22, 1999, 04:35 PM

We have upgraded many of our machines at work to Mac OS 9. Many of them are running DAVE 2.1 and have had no problems. We use Dave for file server access via the chooser, as well as the DAVE sharing control panel to make files available to the windows network. I can't speak for the DAVE Access app, because we don't use it.

wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 23, 1999, 12:53 PM

Due next week, DAVE 2.5 is a new version of from MacInTouch: Thursby Software's $149 Windows networking package for the Mac, adding support for Windows 2000 and Mac OS 9, including multiuser support. DAVE lets Macs "share files and PostScript printers with Windows NT, Windows 95/98, and Windows 2000 users" via SMB and CIFS protocols...

mkbhatia
Administrator
Oct 23, 1999, 12:57 PM

Or from today's MacNN

Thursby's Mac-based cross-platform integration application, DAVE v2.5, due to be announced on Monday, will include Mac OS 9 support (including multi-user features), simplified installation, and support for Microsoft's latest Windows 2000. [site not updated]

Forum Links
Forum Rules