Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Day 6

Day 6
andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Nov 20, 2006, 11:54 PM

Is anyone anticipating 24 season 6 as much as I am? To be clear, I don't have a TV, thus I don't watch many series. I happen to aquire BSG which I like very much and 24. The reason why I started this thread is that none of my friends here in Germany are as addicted as I am, and those who might be are not so firm in English to watch it (they always lag a season behind - those lucky ones!). So I have practically no one to talk about the next season!

I am so hooked on 24 that I cannot believe it. I agree that 24 has it's flaws (which show hasn't), e.g. a contoversial political tendency, the fact that it is implausible that one person experiences what Jack Bauer experiences and so on.

I think, however, that every person with sense and reasoning can mark all that as fiction and put it aside. Because if one does so, IMHO no TV show can beat 24 in terms of suspense and thrill. Period.

What keeps me surprised is that season four and five seemed to be better than at least season three, maybe with season five being the best so far.

I'm looking forward to see an entertaining 6th season this January, and I cant ****ing wait to see what the writers have come up with.

Lava Lamp Freak
Nov 20, 2006, 11:59 PM

I am excited also. 24 is my favorite TV show. I watched the first 2 seasons on DVD the summer before season 3 started. Its is very painful to wait week to week to find out what happens next. I watched the seasons on DVD in about 30 hours.

andreas_g4  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2006, 12:03 AM

My experience was very similar. Watched season 1 + 2 before season 3 came out. I never watched a single episode on tv. And I have all four seasons on DVD (five didn't start here in Germany). God bless BT.

It is probably impossible not to watch all episodes in a row if you have the time and the complete season on dvd.

EDIT:

wikipedia probably has a good cumulation of information about day 6 (SPOILERS, obviously): 24 (season 6) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2006, 03:04 PM

I do not watch 24 on TV. Too painful.

I always wait till the DVD is out so I can watch it all in a row. Usually takes me about a week or so, a couple of episodes each evening after work.

-t

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2006, 03:15 PM

Day 6 looks cool, except for the fact that I cannot figure out why the Chinese would just hand Jack over to CTU. I thought he'd stage some daring escape from a dreary Bejing apartment-dungeon.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Rumor
Dec 14, 2006, 03:19 PM

Never seen a single episode. Heard it's good.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Dec 14, 2006, 04:25 PM

I made fun of my roommate for liking it until I started watching it with him...I caught the second half of the last season, I'll most likely watch 6 too.

andreas_g4  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2007, 02:21 PM

For those who are interested, apparently the first four episodes have been leaked.

digg - 24 Season 6 Leaked on BitTorrent

I don't understand why the people in charge do not realize that - if they make the premiere episodes available on dvd for screening purposes - they will get leaked eventually. Naive…

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2007, 02:25 PM

Funny. They act like there is no Intarweb. N00bs.

-t

andreas_g4  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2007, 02:37 PM

They should put Chloe on it. She can reroute all of Teh Intarwebs traffic and delete the files. Somehow.

MacPino
Forum Regular
Jan 8, 2007, 06:05 PM

The Macs are back! CTU is filled with cinema displays and iMacs again, just like the first seasons! Makes watching 24 even more enjoyable
proud daddy!

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 8, 2007, 06:08 PM

I wait until the DVDs come out. I actually just finished Season 5 with my wife. I thought it was definitely the best so far, but I'm also wondering why the Chinese just hand him over. OoooOooOooooo....suspense.

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2007, 06:36 PM

i watched the season openers, and let me tell you, I have never watched a season of 24 before, just seen a bit here and there, and I could understand everything that is going on.

it is intense, and everytime they mention Jack Bauer, you just know something cool is gonna happen.

Naaaaak
Forum Regular
Jan 8, 2007, 07:36 PM

Having watched the 4 eps, I thought they were good, not great, but they had some very great parts to them. Ep 3 is the weakest of the bunch. I am definitely interested in ep 5 and beyond.

I don't want to spoil anything but I'll tease you with one word:

Vampires.
To be determined later.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2007, 03:28 AM

****ing hell! Ep 4 was, ahem... intense.

andreas_g4  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2007, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nebagakid View Post
i watched the season openers, and let me tell you, I have never watched a season of 24 before, just seen a bit here and there, and I could understand everything that is going on.

it is intense, and everytime they mention Jack Bauer, you just know something cool is gonna happen.
That's exactly what I like about the series - it delivers thrill. Nothing too complex here, just pure entertainment.

andreas_g4  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 15, 2007, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by MacPino View Post
The Macs are back! CTU is filled with cinema displays and iMacs again, just like the first seasons! Makes watching 24 even more enjoyable
Jack probably has to use a different kind of mobile device since PDAs look lame after the Apple introduced the iPhone with Google Maps… It's like having your own Chloe to support you with satellite images…

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2007, 01:23 AM

Oddly, the iTunes store doesn't have seasons 3 & 4.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2007, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Naaaaak View Post
I don't want to spoil anything but I'll tease you with one word:

Vampires.
LOL! So I wasn't the only who thought of "The Lost Boys" while watching that scene.

2 hours into day 6 and Jack's kill count is only 1. I got a feeling it will be much higher before the day is over.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Peder Rice
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2007, 04:01 AM

I liked season one. Season two, I was starting to think, okay, CTU in Los Angeles and Jack Bauer are getting extremely unlucky. By season three, I had to stop watching. At some point, it just becomes far too unbelievable, and it loses all its value.

But I'm just being a negative nancy, so I'm going to go do the smug son-of-a-bitch thing and watch some HBO originals instead...

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2007, 04:08 AM

Great show. Insane episode. Didn't expect them to go THAT far. Love it.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2007, 04:48 AM

Yeah, I didn't expect the episode to end like that.
[Spoiler Alert] I knew something was going to happen to Curtis but I didn't expect him to be killed by Jack. [/Spoiler Alert]
Jack's kill count is now at 2. Both to the throat.

Ω
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2007, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Yeah, I didn't expect the episode to end like that.
[Spoiler Alert] Info I did not want to know. [/Spoiler Alert]
Jack's kill count is now at 2. Both to the throat.
Need to work on the spoiler alert thing....
"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jan 16, 2007, 07:02 AM

Does anyone else think Chloe looks far hotter as a brunette?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Goldfinger
Professional Poster
Jan 16, 2007, 07:14 AM

Nah, still ugly.

iMac 20" C2D 2.16 | Acer Aspire One | Flickr

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jan 16, 2007, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
Nah, still ugly.
You've got high standards, Goldfinger. I'd tap that.

Goldfinger
Professional Poster
Jan 16, 2007, 07:25 AM

Nah, just not my type

iMac 20" C2D 2.16 | Acer Aspire One | Flickr

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2007, 10:48 AM

*spoiler talk*

Goodbye BlackJack. I'm quite sorry to see you go, but you should never have put the real Jack to the test.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2007, 11:59 AM

Does anyone know when a rerun of last nights 2 hours are going to be? I missed them

Alex

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 16, 2007, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock View Post
Does anyone know when a rerun of last nights 2 hours are going to be? I missed them
It's already being rerun on BitTorrent. DVD rip

-t

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2007, 12:03 PM

Probably, when it comes to DVD. They never repeat. Torrent spy should have it up either today or tomorrow though.

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2007, 12:03 PM

Alex
Probably not for a while, since they're already selling a DVD of the first four hours. Went on sale today. If you've got netflix, I'm sure it's on there.

edit: I wasn't gonna advocate the bittorrrent route, but since everyone else did anyway...

"I start fires!"

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jan 16, 2007, 12:35 PM

I like the fact that both Kumar and Kumar's brother (Shaun Majumder) are in this season's 24.

Majumder was on a show called This Hour Has 22 minutes. Apparently at some function, he pulled Kiefer Sutherland aside and said "I'm on a show called 22, and you're on a show called 24. We should do a show together called 23 1/2."

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2007, 12:41 PM

I think his math is a little off, unless he weighted it in Kiefer's favor since 24 is the more popular show

"I start fires!"

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 16, 2007, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by MaxPower2k3 View Post
I think his math is a little off, unless he weighted it in Kiefer's favor since 24 is the more popular show
What I was thinking.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jan 16, 2007, 04:23 PM

Same here.

P.S. Apparently Kiefer Sutherland's response was just to shake his head and walk off. Nonetheless, Majumder is now on 24.

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Jan 16, 2007, 05:40 PM

I liked Kumar better when he was happy-go-lucky. He's hard to look at when he's angry.

scottiB
Professional Poster
Jan 16, 2007, 06:24 PM

Alex
No reruns.

iTMS sells them.
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2007, 07:18 PM

i bit and got the DVD for 10 bucks at Newbury Comics. Haven't watched it yet. still getting my new place furnished. (NO ROOMMATE! YAY!)

Alex

edit:
and just bought the season pass on iTunes. thank you christmas itunes cards

edit 2:
I just finished watching all four plus the first 12 minutes of the next episode on the DVD and HOLY CRAP! I hope the rest of Day 6 will be this intense!
( Last edited by brassplayersrock²; Jan 17, 2007 at 04:16 AM. Reason: season pass)

Monique
Mac Elite
Jan 17, 2007, 06:42 PM

I think the Chinese thing is totally irrelevant for now on because it is not about them.

It is too early to speculate where it is going to go. I would wait until hour 12.

Just love that show and this season will not disappoint many.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 17, 2007, 10:28 PM

i bit and got the DVD for 10 bucks at Newbury Comics. Haven't watched it yet. still getting my new place furnished. (NO ROOMMATE! YAY!)

Alex

edit:
and just bought the season pass on iTunes. thank you christmas itunes cards
Nice waste of money.

You paid $ 10 for the DVD, and $ 45 for the season pass = $ 55.

After you got the DVD, you could have purchased each individual episode on iTMS and still saved $ 5.

-t

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2007, 11:48 PM

technically speaking I only spent $10. The season pass was free for me due to iTunes gift cards. I see what you're saying though.

btw, your math is a little off el turt. each episode on iTunes is $2.00 (1.99) there are what? four episodes on, $8.00, so I would have saved only $2

Alex

Brien
Professional Poster
Jan 23, 2007, 02:07 AM

Wow, was anyone expecting that twist tonight? :o

I'd say that was more shocking that anything else in the past few seasons.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jan 23, 2007, 02:10 AM

No kidding. We finally find out who that guy was after 3-4 seasons. That came out of left field.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 23, 2007, 02:28 AM

***Warning****Spoiler talk****Warning*****
Don't read below if you haven't seen hour 5 yet... Yeah Ω, I'm talking to you!

I totally wasn't expecting the bald guy from the Bluetooth mafia to be Jack's brother. What a great twist that was! Did you see the look on Jack's face when Graham introduced him to Josh. Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that Josh might be Jack's son? He does look an awful lot like Kim. That's going to be the twist for hour 10.
( Last edited by Stogieman; Jan 23, 2007 at 03:25 AM. )

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jan 23, 2007, 07:42 AM

The writers are really reaching right now, even for 24. The terrorist organizer is Jack's brother? Yeah ok...

USB HUB
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2007, 09:07 AM

the show was great last night .. I too am wondering about Josh .. he does look alot like Jack. Wonder what Jack's going to do when he catches up to his father?

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 23, 2007, 10:37 AM

*****Spoiler talk****** (we really need a spoiler tag, similar to what I've seen on other forums, that blacks out text)

Did you see the look on Jack's face when Graham introduced him to Josh. Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that Josh might be Jack's son? He does look an awful lot like Kim. That's going to be the twist for hour 10.
That was my first thought too. With the look he gave Josh, and the look Graham's wife gave Jack, I'd say the possibility that Josh is Jack's son is high.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jan 24, 2007, 10:03 AM

What a great twist that was! Did you see the look on Jack's face when Graham introduced him to Josh. Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that Josh might be Jack's son?
Good point. I think you may be right. I did think there was something else to that reaction, but I couldn't put my finger on it. ie. It was scripted and acted well.

Originally Posted by xi_hyperon View Post
*****Spoiler talk****** (we really need a spoiler tag, similar to what I've seen on other forums, that blacks out text)

That was my first thought too. With the look he gave Josh, and the look Graham's wife gave Jack, I'd say the possibility that Josh is Jack's son is high.
Just change the font colour to white.
[ COLOR="White" ] This is white. [ /COLOR ] <-- This is the tag. Just remove the spaces.

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
The writers are really reaching right now, even for 24. The terrorist organizer is Jack's brother? Yeah ok...
Yeah, that was my first thought too. They're kinda of doing the twist, just for the sake of doing the twist.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2007, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
Just change the font colour to white.
[ COLOR="White" ] This is white. [ /COLOR ] <-- This is the tag. Just remove the spaces.
Yeah, I know. Sometimes, however, I don't notice the white spoilers when glossing over a thread. Using a tag that would create black text blocks would be easier to notice (the alternative would be me paying more attention, of course ).

Forum Links
Forum Rules