Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > PowerPrint USB and OS 9 - does it work for anyone?

PowerPrint USB and OS 9 - does it work for anyone?
bofferma
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 20, 1999, 04:25 PM

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble printing to PowerPrint USB printers
(in my case a HP LaserJet 6MP).

------------------
[email protected]
Brian

mark williams
Oct 25, 1999, 01:27 AM

I am having problems with 8.6 on an ibook. i understand there may be problems with newer USBs. Has anyone using newer machines been succesful with Powerprint?

wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 1999, 01:36 AM

A friend bought an iBook from Sears about two weeks ago and it worked great for a week, then it went very seriously SOUTH, like the HD would not mount, etc... DiskWarrior could not fix, no utility could fix it... nothing I knew or did could fix it.

I pride myself on troubleshooting Macs and can almost always fix a problematic Mac, I COULD NOT fix this one UNTIL he got MacOS 9 and I installed it for him last Saturday and that iBook is a VERY HAPPY iBook...

moral of the story? RUN, do NOT walk, and get MacOS 9 for your poor iBook.

Forum Links
Forum Rules