Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Sent Powerbook 12" Rev A for dim spot... got back....

Sent Powerbook 12" Rev A for dim spot... got back....
melman101
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 4, 2004, 07:58 PM

Hey all,
I sent in my G4 12" rev a to Apple to fix a dim spot in the screen. When I got it back, the screen wasn't even snapped closed! I snapped it, and also the little foot at the top left is not in fully. and there is also a little scratch by the foot! I wonder if i should take it back to apple and have them fix the foot, or just not care. everything seems to work fine and the screen is beautiful.

Thanks for your advice.

Sincerely,
Mel

rsgunther
Feb 4, 2004, 10:15 PM

Personally, if it was mine, I would have them make it right. Some people do not mind these minor things, but I am kind of picky about my machines. If I scratch it, it doesn't bother me, but I expect absolute near perfection from factories and/or repairs. After all, that is what you paid a premium for, a quality machine of impeccable build. Good luck with whatever path you choose.

Tweed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 5, 2004, 12:17 AM

If it's working well with a resolved screen, I would never again let it leave my clutches.

Who's to say what shape it will be in when it comes back a second time?

Cut your losses...

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2004, 12:35 AM

Originally posted by Tweed:
If it's working well with a resolved screen, I would never again let it leave my clutches.

Who's to say what shape it will be in when it comes back a second time?

Cut your losses...
i'll second that. it really depends where the scratch is. If it's on the bottom Don't even think about it. If it is on top somewhere and noticeable I might make a stink about it. If it's nothing major don't worry bout it.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Forum Links
Forum Rules