Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Pacifist for Lion - beta testers wanted

Pacifist for Lion - beta testers wanted
CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Jul 26, 2011, 09:36 PM

Hey, anyone interested in doing a little beta testing? I know I'm late to the game this time around, but I'm hoping to have Pacifist for Lion done by the end of summer. Currently it's pretty much feature-complete, just needs testing. If you're interested, send me an e-mail. I'm not going to post my address directly here for fear of getting spam coming out of my ears, but it starts with "support", then there's a squiggly 'a' thing, then "charlessoft", then a decimal point, and then finally "čōḿ" without the diacriticals.

This version of Pacifist is late, but I think it will be worth it. There is a major new feature that will change the whole way you use the app. If you become a beta tester, you'll get to find out what the new feature is.

Note: good beta testers only, please. If you're not going to let me know if stuff is working or not, but are just planning to post the beta on the serialz sites (like what happened with the beta of Pacifist for Leopard), please don't waste either of our time. If you are someone I've never seen before with only 1 post on this board and you send me a e-mail that just says "can i have the beta please", I'm probably just going to ignore your e-mail.

Thanks!

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

Person Man
Professional Poster
Jul 28, 2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by CharlesS View Post
Hey, anyone interested in doing a little beta testing? I know I'm late to the game this time around, but I'm hoping to have Pacifist for Lion done by the end of summer. Currently it's pretty much feature-complete, just needs testing. If you're interested, send me an e-mail. I'm not going to post my address directly here for fear of getting spam coming out of my ears, but it starts with "support", then there's a squiggly 'a' thing, then "charlessoft", then a decimal point, and then finally "čōḿ" without the diacriticals.

This version of Pacifist is late, but I think it will be worth it. There is a major new feature that will change the whole way you use the app. If you become a beta tester, you'll get to find out what the new feature is.

Note: good beta testers only, please. If you're not going to let me know if stuff is working or not, but are just planning to post the beta on the serialz sites (like what happened with the beta of Pacifist for Leopard), please don't waste either of our time. If you are someone I've never seen before with only 1 post on this board and you send me a e-mail that just says "can i have the beta please", I'm probably just going to ignore your e-mail.

Thanks!
Unless you're pretty confident in your ability to screen people may I suggest that each beta version be sent out with the tester's e-mail address encoded in it somehow? Might be too much work, but if people posted it to wares sites it might be helpful in figuring out who.

That said, I helped you by beta testing the application once before, and think I can help again. E-mail sent.

CharlesS  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 29, 2011, 08:56 PM

Actually, come to think of it, I should get some testers on PowerPC and 10.4 too, since this is almost certainly the last major release that will support either of those two platforms, given how much I had to hack Xcode just to get it to build for them. 10.5 might end up on the chopping block too next version, so if anyone's still running these older systems, I'd really like to know if it's still working.

Thanks!

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

machacks
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2011, 04:27 PM

are you still looking for beta tester for Pacifist Lion?

Forum Links
Forum Rules