Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > So let's see some Konfab-ulous desktop shots

So let's see some Konfab-ulous desktop shots (Page 2)
sweatervest
Forum Regular
Feb 18, 2003, 07:40 PM

[APi]TheMan,

Can you post where you got that wallpaper? I love it.

Thanks,
Liz

sweatervest
Forum Regular
Feb 18, 2003, 07:44 PM

Damn error messages...hehe
( Last edited by sweatervest; Feb 18, 2003 at 07:50 PM. )

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Feb 18, 2003, 10:21 PM

Students who do not purchase the specific Dell laptop will not receive support from Quinnipiac with regard to their computer. Specifically, this means that the Quinnipiac Help Desk will not be required to provide diagnosis or repair of the student's computer free of charge. Quinnipiac will make available to students with other kinds of computers a reliable local computer vendor, TEAM COMPUTER, to provide repair and problem determination for reasonable fees.

In addition to not receiving local Quinnipiac support, students who do not purchase a Dell laptop under the Dell laptop program will not be eligible to receive loaners in the event their computers are under repair.
Swarmy, it doesn't look TOO bad for you, basically if you DON'T buy the Dell they want you too, you're just not covered for repairs or support if you hit a problem with your Powerbook. Personally, I say tell them to stuff it up somewhere and just use your powerbook. Unless they're making you access some odd databases info or use some obscure PC program, you'll be fine... even with VPC.

Mac Guru

[APi]TheMan
Mac Elite
Feb 18, 2003, 10:34 PM

Originally posted by sweatervest:
[APi]TheMan,

Can you post where you got that wallpaper? I love it.

Thanks,
Liz
Liz,

I can't remember where I got it exactly, maybe on SpyMac.com's image galleries, but I threw it up on my .Mac account:

http://homepage.mac.com/aorth/.Pictu...ohoo/linux.jpg
"In Nomine Patris, Et Fili, Et Spiritus Sancti"

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2003, 06:06 PM

darkcore
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 19, 2003, 06:43 PM

Originally posted by Hi I'm Ben:

http://www.imben.net/junk/desktop/konfabsucks.jpg
haha, they asked for it.

midwinter
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2003, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by SwarmyCurve:
I just read today that I need to buy a dell laptop for the college I'm going to be attending, come August.
Do not believe them. Seriously. Show up with your powerbook.

Cheers
Scott

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2003, 04:52 PM

haha, they asked for it.
Who exactly asked for it? I personally found that shot funny but at the same time mildly immature in that the people here wanna see real life shots of people actually using Konfab. Not to be 'schooled'

Mac Guru

SwarmyCurve
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 20, 2003, 06:05 PM

Originally posted by midwinter:
Do not believe them. Seriously. Show up with your powerbook.

Cheers
Scott
I might just do that... the dell is not to exceed $1800, but that is still alot when the college itself isn't exactly cheap. I didn't even think of taking Virtual PC seriously - thanks for the tips everyone!

CarbonG4
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2003, 08:23 PM

My latest Konfabulator layout:

Full Screen

//Carbon

:: Carbon Themes v1.5 ::

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2003, 09:05 PM

CarbonG4
I really like your desktop. What widget is that displaying the apps? It's between the To-Do list and the battery.

Fluid
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 20, 2003, 10:19 PM

And the battery w/ uptime etc widget please.

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2003, 10:30 PM

I think that that is the regular uptime widget with an extended background, with the battery widget over on top of it

and the one that shows the icons of apps are probably just.. icons of the apps on the desktop

ARENA
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2003, 10:35 PM

Originally posted by CarbonG4:

Full Screen

//Carbon
Awesome desktop!

CarbonG4
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2003, 11:00 PM

To answer some of the questions... I just modded the uptime.widget and made a background image based on that of the calendar.widget. I did the same for the digitalclock.widget and also gave it the glare found in the todolist.widget. Then, I made an empty widget (blank.widget) that displays an extended calendar.widget-like background image just to fill in the blank space on my desktop, and I just keep my minimized windows in this "designated area"... also, the application icons above the blank.widget is just a custom dock using dragthing 4.5, it acts as a launcher (and application switcher) for my most used applications.

The wallpaper is the silver variant of the official set of wallpapers designed by Chuck of Wagmedia to go with my Watercolor OS X themes. You can grab the wallpaper here:
http://icons.wagmedia.com/

//Carbon

jerseyfreeze
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 21, 2003, 12:15 AM

Here's my desktop.

Enjoy!

-Jason

sweatervest
Forum Regular
Feb 21, 2003, 12:46 AM

Carbon,
Your desktop looks awesome! Is that theme FatalE, a newer version you're working on! I can't wait for it, wow it looks awesome, I can't wait! Seeing it totally made my day. (BTW I love the application thing you did too wiht drag thing!)

-Liz

CarbonG4
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 21, 2003, 01:06 AM

sweatervest: heh, actually no sorry to say that is not a new build of FatalE shown... I must confess that I'm actually running SS-ChosenOS at the moment, but I did a couple of personal modifications to it such as making an Apple menu similiar to the one used in the 10.1 pre-release of ChosenOS by Dazzla.

I needed a break from my themes for a while so I can come back to them with fresh eyes and clean 'em up and get the updates out the door (no idea when this will actually happen)... and besides that, Swiz's SS ChosenOS freaking owns

Sorry for the disapointment though.
//Carbon

Bax23
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2003, 01:34 AM

Full Screen

//Carbon
CarbonG4 -
Where did you get the Battery Widget in the bottom right?

swiz
GUI Punk
Feb 21, 2003, 10:12 AM

sweatervest: heh, actually no sorry to say that is not a new build of FatalE shown... I must confess that I'm actually running SS-ChosenOS at the moment, but I did a couple of personal modifications to it such as making an Apple menu similiar to the one used in the 10.1 pre-release of ChosenOS by Dazzla.

I needed a break from my themes for a while so I can come back to them with fresh eyes and clean 'em up and get the updates out the door (no idea when this will actually happen)... and besides that, Swiz's SS ChosenOS freaking owns

Sorry for the disapointment though.
//Carbon
Thanks bro

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

ARENA
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2003, 03:45 PM

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2003, 07:28 PM

Originally posted by Mac Guru:
Who exactly asked for it? I personally found that shot funny but at the same time mildly immature in that the people here wanna see real life shots of people actually using Konfab. Not to be 'schooled'

Mac Guru
you act as if that wasn't a real life shot. If on my to do list i had wrote Walk the dog and go take a dump it would have been just as real as any of these others.

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2003, 08:51 PM

I'm not saying it wasn't 'real life' I just found it mildly immature that the only two things on your To Do List were "This app sucks" and "Remove Konfabulator"

Mac Guru

Forum Links
Forum Rules