Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > When someone takes it too far...

When someone takes it too far... (Page 2)
ghporter
Administrator
Mar 14, 2007, 11:23 AM

I have to agree with bstone. I live near Austin, Texas, and used to live there years ago. Hippies there (and there are a bunch) are far less likely to do anything aggressive than they are to complain about why the aggressor is wrong for feeding the issue they're aggressive about. And then whip up some nachos and consider the issue while consuming said nachos.

I'd also like to draw a distinction between real environmentalists and "tree huggers." How is it that every creature on this Earth is entitled to do its thing on the planet when Man, another creature of the Earth, is not? "Tree huggers" don't get that, though we are "aware" of what we do, our acts and our structures are just as much part of the Earth as beaver's acts in building their dams. We DO need to be aware of what the side effects of these acts and structures are, and that's what environmentalist focus on, not "Spare this tree" but rather "where will you get trees after you cut all of these down, and where will we get the oxygen to breathe after all the trees have been cut down?" A completely different perspective here, right? The difference is between fanaticism and logic.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Mar 14, 2007, 11:36 AM

I think if they find out who did it, the handicapped person should go to their house and bust their knee caps in; then proceed to spray paint on their face "Enjoy the convenience while you can still walk."
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Mar 14, 2007, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
I think if they find out who did it, the handicapped person should go to their house and bust their knee caps in; then proceed to spray paint on their face "Enjoy the convenience while you can still walk."

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 14, 2007, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
We've had little "miscreants" "tagging" our neighborhood lately. I want to sit out overnight with night vision goggles and a paintball gun cranked "a little" over the competition velocity and catch these misguided young people at their inconsiderate behavior. My wife is an advocate for rocksalt in a 12 gage, and I admit that her position has a lot going for it.

People who vandalize are demonstrating that they have no respect for the property of others, and thus no respect for other people. Therefor I have no respect for them and wish them every bad consequence of their actions.
Your wife is spot-on. No one that's been sprayed and filled with rock salt from a shotgun wants to do anything that could result in the same ending ever again. That was a horrible sentence, but you get the idea.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 14, 2007, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
I'm too lazy to find the B&W clapping crowd gif, but you get the idea.

Gossamer  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 14, 2007, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
I'm too lazy to find the clapping B&W crowd gif, but you get the idea.

Look for a Marden thread.

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 15, 2007, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Gossamer View Post
Look for a Marden thread.
That could take a while.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Mar 15, 2007, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by CMYKid View Post
"dueschebag" is the German, except now they use the Euro. ;-)

It's Frog.

Forum Links
Forum Rules