Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Designing iPhone App Graphics

Designing iPhone App Graphics
::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2008, 08:36 PM

(I posted this in Art & Graphic Design as well, but I know that not many people go in that forum, so I thought I'd ask here as well.)

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience designing an iPhone application user interface and would know the ins and outs of building proper graphics files.

We've been experiencing odd shifts in color when we view our graphics on the iPhone. They get washed out, for the most part.

We're building the graphics in Photoshop CS3, 160ppi, RGB/8, and saving them out as a non-interlaced PNG. We're not using the Save for Web & Devices option, we're just using Save As.

Any pointers, suggestions or places on the web that would fill me in on the proper way to build iPhone graphics for native applications? I've googled as much as I can google, and have come up pretty much empty. I've seen some rumblings of people saying exporting PNG out of Photoshop shifts colors sometimes, but from what I've read they are referring to CS2.

swiz
GUI Punk
Sep 1, 2008, 09:31 PM

Hopefully the iPhone NDA gets lifted soon to help this and many other issues get resolved with a the help of the iPhone dev community as a whole.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

::maroma::  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2008, 09:47 PM

Oh, so thats why its so hard to find any info on this stuff. Its all starting to make sense!

So I guess I should buck up and sign up for an Dev account. Darn.

Forum Links
Forum Rules