Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Impact of the Obama Infomercial?

View Poll Results: What impact will the informercial have on Obama's campaign?
Poll Options:
Plenty - It will win most or all of the swing states for him. 4 votes (10.53%)
Some - May pull a few undecided votes his way. 14 votes (36.84%)
Little - The money could have been put to better use. 8 votes (21.05%)
None - Obama could throw a baby down a well and still win this election. 12 votes (31.58%)
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll
Impact of the Obama Infomercial? (Page 2)
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 30, 2008, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
That is why the lost control. Then the Democrats took control and we got $4 a gallon gas, job losses, Fannie and Freddie's collapse....
You mean when Republicans were in control of both Congress and the White House for 6 years, they couldn't do anything to stop gas prices going up, jobs from being lost, or anything to fix Fannie and Freddie? Nothing? They didn't foresee there being a problem?

But in two short years, the Democrats, even with a Republican president who could veto anything they sent to him, managed to f**k everything up? That's .

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 30, 2008, 06:48 PM

This just goes to further show that Republicans will place the blame ANYWHERE but on themselves. They blamed things on Clinton and got control and didn't do ANYTHING to make positive changes for 6 years when they had control of both Congress and the Presidency. They could have pushed through any legislation they wanted. But they didn't. Then, after two short years of Democratic control of Congress (with a REPUBLICAN President), everything is suddenly the Democrat's fault, even though Bush has the power to veto anything they send to him?

That, "my friends", defies all logic and common sense. You simply cannot blame Democrats when Bush has the power to veto any bill they send to him. If he signs it, the blame rests on both Congress AND the President.

Again, I ask, how can you blame Democrats for today's economic problems when Bush signed every spending bill passed by the Republican-controlled Congresses, spending bills that INCREASED spending, and they could have passed legislation to do anything they wanted to do but didn't?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 30, 2008, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
This just goes to further show that Republicans will place the blame ANYWHERE but on themselves.
Hence my scapegoat thread. Watch, it'll happen after the election. Republicans will be blaming everyone else.

Remember, Republicans are perfect, the free market is perfect, everything would be rainbows and unicorns if it wasn't for those Democrats.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Rumor
Oct 30, 2008, 07:57 PM

Damn Democrats always crawling up my leg and biting the inside of my ass.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

The Crook
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 30, 2008, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
That is why the lost control. Then the Democrats took control and we got $4 a gallon gas, job losses, Fannie and Freddie's collapse....
Correct on correlation. Unclear at best on causation.

Care to explain?

Crooked Member of the MacNN Atheist Clique.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2008, 05:21 PM

Again, I ask, how can you blame Democrats for today's economic problems when Bush signed every spending bill passed by the Republican-controlled Congresses, spending bills that INCREASED spending, and they could have passed legislation to do anything they wanted to do but didn't?
Anyone?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 31, 2008, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
Anyone?
(pssst. They don't actually count Bush even though they voted for him twice....)
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Forum Links
Forum Rules