Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Logitech� MX�900 Bluetooth� With OS X 10.3.x?

Logitech� MX�900 Bluetooth� With OS X 10.3.x?
Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Feb 5, 2004, 11:10 AM

Can anyone tell me if that the hub works with non-bluetooth Macs in 10.3? Apple says Bluetooth is getting a hefty upgrade in 10.3.3. If anyone has 10.3.3 and the MX 900, I'd like to know if it works.

And, in general, is the mouse good?

billybob128
Senior User
Feb 5, 2004, 02:55 PM

i lovee the mouse and so do my mates that use it.
it feels good and is built very well.

im on 10.3.2 and the hub works but not 100% i can only use the extra buttons for expose and UT2K3

other than that it works fine

MacbookPro dual 2Ghz 1GB Ram 128 Graphics

CatOne
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2004, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by Horsepoo!!!:
Can anyone tell me if that the hub works with non-bluetooth Macs in 10.3? Apple says Bluetooth is getting a hefty upgrade in 10.3.3. If anyone has 10.3.3 and the MX 900, I'd like to know if it works.

And, in general, is the mouse good?
I tried it for an hour, and it jumped all over the place, and in general it sucked. Plus, the hub/recharger is the same size with the MX900 and the MX700 (the one that uses IR).

So I returned it and got an MX700 -- already had one of those at home and loved it.

So personally I've had much better luck with the MX700 than the MX900... and I tinkered with pairing, unpairing, etc. for about an hour before I gave up.

Horsepoo!!!  (op)
Banned
Feb 5, 2004, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by billybob128:
i lovee the mouse and so do my mates that use it.
it feels good and is built very well.

im on 10.3.2 and the hub works but not 100% i can only use the extra buttons for expose and UT2K3

other than that it works fine
Nice...I was planning to use the extra buttons (you do mean the 2 buttons near the thumb right?) for Expos� anyways, so that's cool.

I'm planning to get one because it'll be cool using it with Expos� on the Mac and I could also bring it to school to use with my Bluetooth IBM laptop.

But let me get this straight...your Mac doesn't have Bluetooth right? You only get Bluetooth using the hub?

billybob128
Senior User
Feb 6, 2004, 04:35 PM

i didnt order my G5 with bluetooth and it was a HUGE mistake the hub worked with my 900 but not the apple keyboard so i now have a D-Link that i can also take to school with me.

this D-Link also supports the 900 so i take it to school also.

yeah in the expose preferances once the mouse is paired (not needed if you are using the hub) you can set any button to do wateva. with the shift option it increases the options with the mouses extra buttons.

the thing that got me is the extra plug needed to charge it but i suppose it was to be expected.

MacbookPro dual 2Ghz 1GB Ram 128 Graphics

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2004, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by CatOne:
Plus, the hub/recharger is the same size with the MX900 and the MX700 (the one that uses IR).
The MX700 uses RF (radio frequency), not infrared, to transmit. IR requires line-of-sight to the base; RF does not. Only significant difference between the MX900 and MX700 is one is bluetooth compliant, the other is not.

I use an Apple bluetooth keyboard and an MX700 mouse together without problem. The MX700 is fully supported by the MacOS and by Logitech insofar as drivers go. Its a great mouse and (at least for non-portable/desktop situations) see no benefit to the more expensive MX900 over the less expensive and well supported MX700.

Forum Links
Forum Rules