Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Do you need to hide...

Do you need to hide...
snowgirly
Banned
Feb 17, 2013, 09:20 PM

What makes you think that there is a need to hide your IP Address when browsing the web? I usually hide mine when replying emails that contained sensitive information such as bank accounts, pins and etc. (I guess I am paranoid) I believe that prevention is better than nothing (or cure). We have many choices of software, right now I am currently using virtual private network hidemyass.com. We can also use proxy servers and etc.

Ham Sandwich
Feb 17, 2013, 09:29 PM

You must be very social... I bet your IP is on at least one of the many other sites you posted this on:

"What makes you think that there is a need to hide your IP Address when browsing the web" - Bing

reader50
Administrator
Feb 17, 2013, 11:04 PM

And Hidemyass isn't the best choice, especially if someone is involved in internet protests. They gave up a LulzSec hacker as soon as they got a court order. No attempt to contest the order, just fold the cards and hand over his info.

Forum Links
Forum Rules