Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > How to print in black only? HP PSC 1210

How to print in black only? HP PSC 1210
mindwaves
Aug 9, 2003, 05:46 PM

Hello,

I can't seem to find the correct settings to print in black only using the above printer. I know that it has minimal drivers, but this would be ridculous if it can't do this. I already installed the latest drivers from HP.com. TIA.

mindwaves  (op)
Aug 18, 2003, 10:14 AM

Update: It seems that the drivers do not allow pritning in black only is really really really stupid. Othwerise, a very good solid all-in-one machine.

Immortal K-Mart Employee
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2003, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by mindwaves:
Update: It seems that the drivers do not allow pritning in black only is really really really stupid. Othwerise, a very good solid all-in-one machine.
That is a rather big downer. Especially since HP's normally have the highest cost per page.

{v2.3 Now Jesus free}
Religions are like farts: yours is good, the others always stink.

reynard
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2003, 11:11 PM

Well, well, well...this sounds familiar. I had a similar letdown this weekend. Ive talked about it in another thread--just bought a Samsung ML-1710 laser printer for only $100 at Best Buy (after $70 mail-in rebate).

There are many features that are missing from the OSX driver including being locked into grayscale. Could be worse I guess if black/white were the default.

Ive decided to keep the printer. Here is my work-around: The driver in OS9 is complete. I have Appleworks 6 so Im going to save my documents to the OS9 desktop and go print them from there. I can then use manual feed, transparencies, darkness levels, etc. Im a novice user, so there may be a better option.

For other applications, I dont know what to suggest.

I have a question. Ive never used Classic much. But is there a way to print using the OS9 driver in Classic? At least with Appleworks? Ive run Classic and tried to print but the OSX driver always pops up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules