Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Medal of Honor & G3 600 Mhz iMac

Medal of Honor & G3 600 Mhz iMac
MacGallant
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 10, 2002, 09:50 PM

I just got Medal of Honor. I notice that it states that it requires a PowerMac G3/G4/iMac Flat panel, with 450 Mhz processor, 128 mb ram in OS 9, at least 16 mb vram (ATI 128/Radeon/Geforce).

I got a G3 iMac 600 Mhz with a 16 mb vram ATI Rage 128 and 512 mb ram. It runs ok on my system. I had the settings turned down, I haven't tried it with the settings turned up or medium though.

How do you check the framerates? My walking & running speed seems very similar, is there a way to run more faster?

The current G3 iMacs meet the technical requirements but yet they list the flat panel iMac as a requirement. . . why?

Is there a way to further optimize Medal of Honor for my iMac?
PowerMacG4 MDD Dual867Mhz, MacOSX 10.5.5 Leopard
2GB Ram, 128mb Radeon 9800 Pro, 80GB HD & 160GB HD
MacBook Black: Core2Duo 2.2Ghz, MacOSX 10.5.5 Leopard
4GB Ram & 250GB HD

rampant
Banned
Location: permanent resident of the Land of the Easily Aroused
Jun 11, 2002, 12:12 AM

Check on google, you're bound to find lots and lots of tweaks.

And checking FPS is (bring down console, probably shift+~) cg_Drawfps 1.

ksuther
Forum Regular
Jun 11, 2002, 10:11 AM

Post your frames, I'm interested to see what they are!

MacGallant  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 11, 2002, 03:45 PM

I pressed shift ~ and the console appeared. Next I typed in cg_Drawfps 1 and I closed the console and nothing happened.
Sorry guys, but I can't seem to get the fps.

. . . .all in all, the game is quite fun, it's the best shooter out there in my opinion. (I didn't buy RtCW because it seems less appealing then MoHAA). I made it to level 5 - Ground the Airfield by the skin of my teeth!
PowerMacG4 MDD Dual867Mhz, MacOSX 10.5.5 Leopard
2GB Ram, 128mb Radeon 9800 Pro, 80GB HD & 160GB HD
MacBook Black: Core2Duo 2.2Ghz, MacOSX 10.5.5 Leopard
4GB Ram & 250GB HD

Denvers.Killers
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2002, 09:55 PM

Try on=fps 1 off=fps 0

RodUK
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 13, 2002, 05:10 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by MacGallant:
<strong>I just got Medal of Honor. I notice that it states that it requires a PowerMac G3/G4/iMac Flat panel, with 450 Mhz processor, 128 mb ram in OS 9, at least 16 mb vram (ATI 128/Radeon/Geforce).

I got a G3 iMac 600 Mhz with a 16 mb vram ATI Rage 128 and 512 mb ram. It runs ok on my system. I had the settings turned down, I haven't tried it with the settings turned up or medium though.

How do you check the framerates? My walking & running speed seems very similar, is there a way to run more faster?

The current G3 iMacs meet the technical requirements but yet they list the flat panel iMac as a requirement. . . why?

Is there a way to further optimize Medal of Honor for my iMac?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">I believe the UK version requires a Radeon or Geforce graphics card, therefore a G3 iMac with a Rage 128 wouldn't be suitable. I think this is due to a bug in the ATI drivers for the 128 that causes the frame rate to drop to a very low level under certain conditions.

Forum Links
Forum Rules