Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Tiger + Bluetooth + Motorola V600 = No worky.

Tiger + Bluetooth + Motorola V600 = No worky.
MindFad
Posting Junkie
May 1, 2005, 02:53 AM

Well, it used to work in Panther. I used to be able to transfer all of my pictures and audio files to and from my V600 via Bluetooth. Now, in Tiger, I can no longer do it. It connects fine. I can even connect to the "video" folder on the phone fine. For "pictures" and "audio," though, I cannot connect. It will make like it's connecting and then say "Operation complete," but it does nothing; the window stays the same on the root directory. Nada. Worried that it was the phone, I installed Panther again on another drive and tried it. Works fine. Anyone know what's up? Having similar problems? Could it be a flaky Tiger Easy Install, or what? Any ideas appreciated. It's pissing me off that I have to boot into Panther when I want to get or put stuff on the phone. Thank you!

biscool
Forum Regular
May 1, 2005, 11:30 AM

Your v600 should not work with iSync via bluetooth. As for not being able to transfer files, I'm not sure whats up - my v551 works with iSync and BT File Exchange. Maybe it is your BT adapter? Do you have built-in or a USB one? I have the D-Link one that apple sells, perhaps your BT adapter is not compatible?
Every minute is another chance to turn the whole thing around

MindFad  (op)
Posting Junkie
May 1, 2005, 01:50 PM

I know it never worked with iSync. I never cared about that to begin with. I was worried it was the adapter or the phone at first, but file exchange works just fine in Panther still. I don't know if it's maybe a flaky install?

EDIT: Wait, WHAT? Now it s working. I don't understand. This is so odd.

biscool
Forum Regular
May 5, 2005, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by MindFad
I know it never worked with iSync. I never cared about that to begin with. I was worried it was the adapter or the phone at first, but file exchange works just fine in Panther still. I don't know if it's maybe a flaky install?

EDIT: Wait, WHAT? Now it s working. I don't understand. This is so odd.
I meant to type - "you v600 should NOW work'....hee hee. My mistake - i was trying to say that with tiger it should work...

Ambassadeur
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: Transatlantic flight, first class, third row, aisle seat
May 5, 2005, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by biscool
my v551 works with iSync and BT File Exchange.
Hold on there for a second... I just have to be curious, does that mean your V551 works with iSync OVER BLUETOOTH? Or is it just the File Transfer part that works wireless via BT?

I am well aware that the Apple webiste isn't very specific which Moto phone works what way (BT or USB) with 10.4, but to hear that yours does indeed isync over BT would be great news - and one more reason to upgrade to tiger!
- What is your nationality?
- I'm a drunkard. That makes me a citizen of the world.

jdiddy
Forum Regular
May 5, 2005, 10:17 PM

Hey guys I have a v600 I can get iCAL synce, I can do a BT file transfer but I cant get my address book synced for the life of me. Anyone have any hints?

Ambassadeur
Dedicated MacNNer
May 6, 2005, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by jdiddy
Hey guys I have a v600 I can get iCAL synce, I can do a BT file transfer but I cant get my address book synced for the life of me. Anyone have any hints?
That's weird indeed. So your phone is recognized in isync and ical works fine, but the address part's missing. Did you check all the appropriate checkboxes in isync? try unchecking and then checking them again, setting sync to all address books or only specific sets, just play around, sometimes it takes some time. (I assume you do it via USB. Under 10.4 or 10.3?)
When I switched from my V525 to my V550, it didn't synchronize my iCal and I couldn't find out why. So I tried back and forth, did a complete resync of all devices (Mac, iPod and phone) and after some trying it was there... Couldn't exactly pinpoint the solution but it has worked flawlessly since then!

Good luck!

biscool
Forum Regular
May 7, 2005, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ambassadeur
Hold on there for a second... I just have to be curious, does that mean your V551 works with iSync OVER BLUETOOTH? Or is it just the File Transfer part that works wireless via BT?

I am well aware that the Apple webiste isn't very specific which Moto phone works what way (BT or USB) with 10.4, but to hear that yours does indeed isync over BT would be great news - and one more reason to upgrade to tiger!
Motorola isyncing is supported over BT with tiger. I have synced a v600 and a v551, I assume similar models should work as well. iSync even has a little v551 logo as opposed to te generic icon....

jdiddy
Forum Regular
May 7, 2005, 01:15 PM

Motorola isyncing is supported over BT with tiger. I have synced a v600 and a v551, I assume similar models should work as well. iSync even has a little v551 logo as opposed to te generic icon....
I can't for the life of me get my address book to syc on my V600. I can't get the numbers off of my phone into my Powerbook but I can get numbers from my PB to the phone. What am I doing wrong? Are there any settings on my v600 that I need to change? Please help!!!

Ambassadeur
Dedicated MacNNer
May 7, 2005, 03:01 PM

Wahoo! Finally no more fiddling with that stupid usb cable that tended to lose contact all the time when you looked at it the wrong angle. And the icon is a nice thing, too! I think I had the original V525 icon, but after changing to the V550, the icon turned generic (although, no surprise: the phone wasn't out when that older version of isync surfaced).
Thanks for the positive answer!

Originally Posted by jdiddy
I can't for the life of me get my address book to syc on my V600. I can't get the numbers off of my phone into my Powerbook but I can get numbers from my PB to the phone. What am I doing wrong? Are there any settings on my v600 that I need to change? Please help!!
So it's working one-way. Interesting. Sounds like some setting is wrong, as isync does work and ical is supported. Does iCal also work one-way only? Isn't there some setting for defining the transfer/sync direction? Did you try the apple support forums? Sometimes I stumble over solutions to my problems there, and the isnyc part is quite some size... apple isync discussions
Good Luck, jdiddy!

Personally, I wouldn't want to live without isync anymore. After having my phone stolen it proved to be a lifesaver - 3 mins and I was back to normal after getting the new phone. So I do except some shortcomings in my phone as long as it's isync-able.

Forum Links
Forum Rules