Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > NHL - 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NHL - 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs (Page 3)
Thread Tools
ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Rock
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 28, 2011, 03:56 PM
 
You think Tampa can shut out Washington? They barely beat Pittsburgh, which didn't have Crosby or Malkin. Washington is a deep team overall - I suspect they'll take out Tampa in 5 or 6. Depends on if Stamkos shows up this round I guess!
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.
     
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Why do you care?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 29, 2011, 04:42 PM
 
Originally Posted by Athens View Post
Tampa 4 - Washington 0
No offense, but that's ABSURD. I hope that's your hope and not your prediction. It took Tampa 7 games to squeak by Pittsburgh and Washington is MUCH better than Pittsburgh is/was.

Either way, in 5-5.5 hours that hope will be dashed and/or that prediction will be proven wrong.

My prediction is Washington in 4 or 5.
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 29, 2011, 04:46 PM
 
I just hope Nashville picks up its game. I was yawning during yesterdays game. There is no hate between the teams, both are excellent at defense it made for a very boring game to watch.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 29, 2011, 11:05 PM
 
Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
No offense, but that's ABSURD. I hope that's your hope and not your prediction. It took Tampa 7 games to squeak by Pittsburgh and Washington is MUCH better than Pittsburgh is/was.

Either way, in 5-5.5 hours that hope will be dashed and/or that prediction will be proven wrong.

My prediction is Washington in 4 or 5.
Thats 1 for Tampa
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Why do you care?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2011, 12:06 AM
 
Originally Posted by Athens View Post
Thats 1 for Tampa
Yeah, one that they never should have been able to get.

Washington came out flat and got jumped on early. The next 35 minutes were ALL Caps. The Caps should have been up 3 or 4 to 1 after 2 periods.

3rd Period the Caps were HORRIBLE. PP sucked. Passes were to no one in particular. Hannan scoring for Tampa. Ovie staying on the ice too long and trying to do everything himself. Ugh.

I'm not worried. EVERY bounce went Tampa's way this game: 1) we scored on ourselves (Hannan from Downie); 2) Semin and someone else hit the post; 3) Arnott had the puck sitting 6 inches from the goal line and couldn't push it in before Rolo covered; and 4) Backstrom missed wide on a wide-open net to name a few.

Rolo had no rebound control and was out of position all night. When we were actually playing our game and not playing how Tampa wanted us to, we were dominant. Problem is that we stopped playing our game after 2 periods.

That's hockey for you.

Enjoy the win, might be the only one Tampa gets this series.
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2011, 12:20 AM
 
Im not paying attention to Tampa and Washington. Nether team interests me. I just had to point it
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Why do you care?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2011, 11:02 AM
 
Originally Posted by Athens View Post
Im not paying attention to Tampa and Washington. Nether team interests me. I just had to point it
Oh I know. Friendly banter is always fun during these series though.

(And you'll have to do as my "opponent" since you hope for/predicted a Tampa sweep and I don't see any real Tampa fans on here to spar with).
     
olePigeon  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Dec 1999
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2011, 01:25 PM
 
Yay Sharks. Benny must be on cloud 9 right now. First playoff game, first playoff game goal, the goal was the game winner, and it was his birthday.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts
     
freudling
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2005
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2011, 10:25 AM
 
Canucks... dominated over time, should have buried it. But didn't.

Amazing goaltending from Nashville. But in the end, it was 46 shots for Nashville to 33 shots for Vancouver. Vancouver really needed to win this home game. Now it's an uphill battle back in Nashville for 2 games. Sedins need to step up fast, we can't just rely on Burrows and Kesler to get the score board lit up. Sedins today looked weak. That's 3 games in a row where both Daniel and Henrik have no points. Hopefully next game, they start producing.
     
ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Rock
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2011, 11:59 AM
 
I've heard Hank has some sort of injury...? Not sure if there's anything to that.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.
     
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Why do you care?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2011, 10:42 PM
 
:c ensor:

Damn Capitals need to stop scoring on themselves! That's TWO goals this series that a Capital defenseman has redirected into his own freakin' net (Hannan and Green).

Not worried yet but definitely "concerned". We need to pick up two in Tampa...
     
olePigeon  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Dec 1999
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2011, 11:06 PM
 
Go Sharks!
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 1, 2011, 11:59 PM
 
Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
:c ensor:

Damn Capitals need to stop scoring on themselves! That's TWO goals this series that a Capital defenseman has redirected into his own freakin' net (Hannan and Green).

Not worried yet but definitely "concerned". We need to pick up two in Tampa...
If im reading this right, Tampa is now ahead 2 - 0 in the series?
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Rock
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 2, 2011, 07:23 AM
 
Yikes...wow, you were prescient on that one. It makes no sense, really. Tampa taking this series will cost me the office pool hands down - the main rivals have all stocked up on Tampa players.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.
     
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Why do you care?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 2, 2011, 07:21 PM
 
Originally Posted by Athens View Post
If im reading this right, Tampa is now ahead 2 - 0 in the series?
Yes.

But I GUARANTEE you that Tampa WILL NOT SWEEP. We're coming back to DC for at least one more game.
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 2, 2011, 07:56 PM
 
We will see
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your Anus
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 2, 2011, 09:33 PM
 
Tampa is going to lose a few on purpose to get some more home game revenue.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2011, 02:35 PM
 
heh its nice that you finally accept that NHL is a business, but I don't think Tampa is a strong enough team to risk it and they didn't have home advantage on this series. Washington does. But to each his own, I think it would be silly for Tampa to risk it since Washington is supposed to be a better team. Guess we will see.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Rock
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2011, 03:03 PM
 
Is there any conspiracy theory you won't believe?
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2011, 03:46 PM
 
The moon landing was fake? Don't believe that one. That answer your question. Seriously how is a business making a business choice now called a conspiracy theory.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Rock
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2011, 04:56 PM
 
Originally Posted by Athens View Post
The moon landing was fake? Don't believe that one. That answer your question. Seriously how is a business making a business choice now called a conspiracy theory.
Every time I ask you for any kind of proof - anything - on some of the batshit crazy stuff you come up with, you never respond. So here it is again:

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Ahhh okay.

And I suppose you have some evidence of this, right? Former players have come out and said "the GM came into our locker room and told us to lose?" Players who've been traded away under poor circumstances have said "the coach told us to throw this game"?

Or is this all One Big Secret that pro athletes and sports owners have been keeping from us for the past couple decades?

Sigh.

"Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid."
Please respond, with proof of your theory.

Kthxbye
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2011, 06:16 PM
 
Revenue side of things

Why NHL owners love playoff time

But hosting home playoff games is sweet music to NHL owners' ears because revenues shoot up while costs go down.

Canucks Sports & Entertainment chief operating officer Victor de Bonis said playoff ticket prices are about 40-percent higher than regular-season prices for round one games and increase in each subsequent round -- rising to about 200-per-cent higher for the Stanley Cup finals.

That means Canucks ticket revenues alone -- normally about $1.2 million a game -- will jump to more than $1.6 million a game in round one of the playoffs and $3.5 million for each game in the rarefied atmosphere of round four.
Home Advantage being first overall, means Games 1, 2, 5 and 7 are at home. Capitalizing on 1, 2 and 5 makes good business sense. No seriously how do you expect any one to prove the inner secretive workings of a business. I'm not going to hire some one to break into the management offices to find proof for you. You can either use common sense or not.

Common Sense
Put away team on away ice or put away team on home ice. Advantage home ice, 3.5+ Million in revenue. Did they get caught with there pants down in game 5 with a revived Chicago team, you bet. But Game 6 and 7 where back to normal. Player reactions after game 4 where cheerful no care in the world attitudes and some of them just smiled it off. Absolutely nothing like a normal typical loss for them. Its what I would do as a owner. Guess I just have more business sense then you.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your Anus
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2011, 06:22 PM
 
The ownership might want there to be a game 5. But advancing a round is so much more important then just securing one more home game.

And none of the players care about how much revenue the team gets either. They are each their own little business. They want to win. They want to rest. They don't give a crap about getting in an extra home game. Not one bit. They get paid the same amount regardless of how many playoff games they win. No one with the kind of inner drive it takes to be a professional athlete is going to lose a game so the team owner can make a few extra bucks. They want the cup. They want playoff success on their resume for contract time.

I mean, I almost don't even know why I'm bothering typing this out. It's just so unbelievably stupid.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.
     
ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Rock
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2011, 06:31 PM
 
Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Every time I ask you for any kind of proof - anything - on some of the batshit crazy stuff you come up with, you never respond.



Please respond, with proof of your theory.
Whoops, maybe you forgot to respond to this? Here it is again just in case you didn't see it.

Kthxbye
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2011, 09:54 PM
 
Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Whoops, maybe you forgot to respond to this? Here it is again just in case you didn't see it.

Kthxbye
So you didn't read the post then. It was answered.


Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
The ownership might want there to be a game 5. But advancing a round is so much more important then just securing one more home game.

And none of the players care about how much revenue the team gets either. They are each their own little business. They want to win. They want to rest. They don't give a crap about getting in an extra home game. Not one bit. They get paid the same amount regardless of how many playoff games they win. No one with the kind of inner drive it takes to be a professional athlete is going to lose a game so the team owner can make a few extra bucks. They want the cup. They want playoff success on their resume for contract time.

I mean, I almost don't even know why I'm bothering typing this out. It's just so unbelievably stupid.

Um that's why its called Risky, and a gamble and the extra revenue from Play off Games is shared between the NHL, Team and Players.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Why do you care?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2011, 10:19 PM
 
Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
Yes.

But I GUARANTEE you that Tampa WILL NOT SWEEP. We're coming back to DC for at least one more game.
I request that the above post be stricken from the record.

I'm so f'ing pissed off at this team I can't even type. What a joke to play like that in the 3rd period of a game you are leading by a goal and down 2-0 in the series.

Boudreau has been outcoached this series and it's time for him to go. He can't adjust in playoff series as evidenced by the last 4 freaking years of Round 1 and Round 2 exits.

Who knew all you needed to win in the playoffs is a good coach and a couple good forwards. Good defensemen? Who needs them when you can trap with a 1-3-1?

I fully expect (and actually hope) the Capitals lay an egg tomorrow and get blown out. They don't deserve to win this series. Tampa has outplayed them when it matters and hasn't made bone-headed mistakes (too many men on the ice, bad line changes, etc.) and can actually clear the freakin' puck (I'm looking at you Eric Fehr). What a bunch of head cases.

Congrats Athens - your hope for a 4-0 sweep by Tampa looks like it will come true. And I know it was a hope and not a prediction because no one who watches/knows/follows hockey would have predicted this outcome with a straight face.
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2011, 10:36 PM
 
Oh I didn't hope for a 4-0 sweep it was just a prediction.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
CreepDogg
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2011, 10:42 PM
 
Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
I request that the above post be stricken from the record.

I'm so f'ing pissed off at this team I can't even type. What a joke to play like that in the 3rd period of a game you are leading by a goal and down 2-0 in the series.

Boudreau has been outcoached this series and it's time for him to go. He can't adjust in playoff series as evidenced by the last 4 freaking years of Round 1 and Round 2 exits.

Who knew all you needed to win in the playoffs is a good coach and a couple good forwards. Good defensemen? Who needs them when you can trap with a 1-3-1?

I fully expect (and actually hope) the Capitals lay an egg tomorrow and get blown out. They don't deserve to win this series. Tampa has outplayed them when it matters and hasn't made bone-headed mistakes (too many men on the ice, bad line changes, etc.) and can actually clear the freakin' puck (I'm looking at you Eric Fehr). What a bunch of head cases.

Congrats Athens - your hope for a 4-0 sweep by Tampa looks like it will come true. And I know it was a hope and not a prediction because no one who watches/knows/follows hockey would have predicted this outcome with a straight face.
Cheer up - all hope is not lost. Take it from a Hawks fan who was in the same position a couple weeks ago. (I know the Hawks still lost, but they made it thisclose and at least went down swinging. A better team might have a better chance...).
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 3, 2011, 11:26 PM
 
The Hawk games where great, I loved watching it. Fast paced, hard hitting, lots of action all away around. Always love it when they are in town.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Oakland, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 4, 2011, 09:55 PM
 
Originally Posted by Athens View Post
Oh I didn't hope for a 4-0 sweep it was just a prediction.
Damn, good call.
     
exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Oakland, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 4, 2011, 11:11 PM
 
Way to go Sharks!

Devin Setoguchi
     
olePigeon  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Dec 1999
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 4, 2011, 11:19 PM
 
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts
     
ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Rock
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 5, 2011, 06:25 AM
 
Originally Posted by Athens View Post
So you didn't read the post then. It was answered.
Where?

I just re-read this entire thread - at no point, and in no place, did you answer or attempt to answer my question.

You realize this is a message board, right? You can't just claim to have answered something because everyone can check if you actually did?

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.
     
ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your Anus
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 5, 2011, 10:22 AM
 
I think it's hilarious that Athens picked the Lightning to sweep and was correct.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.
     
ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Rock
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 5, 2011, 10:45 AM
 
I wonder how many people bet on a sweep?? Hahaha it had to be in the.....tens. Someone, somewhere made some money!
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.
     
James L
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 6, 2011, 01:10 AM
 
So is it one more game this series for the Canucks, or three more?
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 6, 2011, 11:19 AM
 
I think Nashville has a good chance of winning at least one more game. But no way at all will Nashville force a 7 game series.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Why do you care?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 6, 2011, 08:42 PM
 
Originally Posted by Athens View Post

My round Predictions and My round Hopes

Vancouver 4 - Nashville 2 (Prediction and Hope)
Detroit 4 - San Jose 3 (Prediction, though I hope it the other way around)
Tampa 4 - Washington 0
Boston 3 - Philadelphia 4
Originally Posted by Athens View Post
Oh I didn't hope for a 4-0 sweep it was just a prediction.
Well, that "prediction" of a 4-0 Tampa sweep is still absurd. Tampa series could have gone either way with first three games one goal games and one of them going into over time.

I just don't buy that you really believed or thought that Tampa would sweep the Capitals. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and still doesn't.

Did you predict that Sean Bergenheim, a guy who hasn't scored more than 15 goals in an entire season would have 7 goals in 11 games? Trust me, the guy isn't this good.

Did you predict that Tampa, who had just played 7 games in Round 1 would be able to maintain such a high level of play over 4 games played over 6 days in Round 2, including back-to-back games against a team that was well rested?

Did you predict that almost all bounces that mattered would go Tampa's way?

Did you predict that Tampa would convert on every chance they were given whereas the Capitals would fail to convert on almost every opportunity they were given? Roloson's rebound control was horrible at times but the Caps failed to put away the rebounds. Tampa, on the other hand, buried almost every bad rebound they got.

Did you predict that both Green and Carlson would get hurt in this series and that Knuble would be playing with pins in his hand?

Did you predict that Backstrom would be completely ineffective and that the pest Downie would be so productive and keep himself out of the penalty box?

If I didn't say it before, I'll say it now: there was not a single hockey analyst, pundit, blogger, etc. that predicted Tampa would sweep the Capitals. In fact, almost every one of the "experts" predicted Caps in 6 or 7 games because the Capitals are statistically a better, more talented team. No one thought this was possible and most analysts and pundits are still shocked.

I hope you bet money because you could have made a FORTUNE with that prediction if you really believed it.

So, I'm honestly curious, by what logic or rationale did you come up with this prediction? Gut feeling? Random guess? Predict something that absolutely no one else would predict?

Capitals lost because of a myriad of factors that no one would have predicted to all occur simultaneously in this series.

Sorry, I'm still pissed and trying to make sense of this. I'm calling for Bruce Boudreau to be fired. LOL
     
Madison
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Hanson, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 7, 2011, 05:21 PM
 
It's interesting that so little of this discussion has centered on the Bruins and Tim Thomas. They just took Philadelphia apart in 4 games, and Thomas is getting better with each passing game. The series with Tampa will be great. My prediction:

Boston Bruins in 6 over Tampa Bay
     
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Why do you care?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 7, 2011, 07:33 PM
 
Originally Posted by Madison View Post
It's interesting that so little of this discussion has centered on the Bruins and Tim Thomas. They just took Philadelphia apart in 4 games, and Thomas is getting better with each passing game. The series with Tampa will be great. My prediction:

Boston Bruins in 6 over Tampa Bay
The Flyers goal tending situation was so messed up it's no surprise they got swept. I find it hilarious (and a little disturbing) that their GM basically said their goal tending had nothing to do with them losing.

Tampa/Boston should be a good series. THIS IS A GOALIE and SPECIAL TEAMS MATCHUP. These goalies are 1-2 in save%, wins, and GAA. Amazingly, Boston and Tampa are TIED for lowest goals against/per game at 2.18. Goals for, they are very close as well. Special teams will be the difference in this series. Boston's PP is abysmal and Tampa's PK is clicking. Boston's PK sucks and Tampa's PP is awesome.

So there you have it. This series will depend on whose goalie plays better and whether Boston can stop Tampa's PP.

Realistically, this should go 6 or 7 games if both goalies play well. Series could go either way because these teams are VERY closely matched, except in special teams. If Thomas plays well and Tampa's PP falters, Boston wins in 6 or 7. If Thomas falters and Tampa's PP is strong, Tampa in 6 or 7.

But despite how the series SHOULD go based on an objective analysis, I'll predict Boston sweeps Tampa so I can look like a genius if by some stroke of luck it actually happens.
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 8, 2011, 02:19 AM
 
I say Tampa in 5 games over Boston
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
ghporter
Administrator
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: San Antonio TX USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 8, 2011, 06:22 AM
 
The Red Wings managed to avoid being swept and eliminated by the Sharks in a real nail-biter of a game. Starting this sort of series behind like that is out of character for the Wings, but I think it's unwise to count them out of the playoffs yet. Or to consider the Cup out of their reach. I was pretty surprised that they didn't do well at the start of this series, but I think they have plenty of surprises left.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx
     
CreepDogg
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 8, 2011, 09:49 AM
 
Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
The Red Wings managed to avoid being swept and eliminated by the Sharks in a real nail-biter of a game. Starting this sort of series behind like that is out of character for the Wings, but I think it's unwise to count them out of the playoffs yet. Or to consider the Cup out of their reach. I was pretty surprised that they didn't do well at the start of this series, but I think they have plenty of surprises left.
Eh, it was just that the Sharks wanted more home game revenue, so they tanked it.
     
ghporter
Administrator
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: San Antonio TX USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 8, 2011, 10:06 AM
 
Originally Posted by CreepDogg View Post
Eh, it was just that the Sharks wanted more home game revenue, so they tanked it.
Yeah... We can go with that. For now.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx
     
freudling
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2005
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2011, 02:02 PM
 
Once again the Sedin sisters don't come through in the playoffs. Last game they were again a combined -7. The Canucks cannot win without more guys playing better. Sedins have really zero points in 6 straight games.
     
ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your Anus
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2011, 03:07 PM
 
Video: Joe Thornton’s Best Actor nomination for Game 5 dive - Puck Daddy - NHL�Blog - Yahoo! Sports

The NHL is Wrong! - Sharks Community Blog post


I wonder if he'll give Big Joe an equally scathing blog entry... no, actually I don't, because Jamie Baker is a shameless hypocritical feminine hygiene product bag deserving of nothing but scorn and ridicule.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2011, 10:48 PM
 
Originally Posted by freudling View Post
Once again the Sedin sisters don't come through in the playoffs. Last game they were again a combined -7. The Canucks cannot win without more guys playing better. Sedins have really zero points in 6 straight games.
Blah blah blah blah, there is a lot more to a game then just scoring. Perhaps you should try watching a game.

-------------------------

The Nashville crowed is a great crowed. I gotta hand it to the team, I never really watched them before and with that goalie of there's I think they have a good future. Nashville did well, all the respect for them and hope they make it next year to at least the 3rd round
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
James L
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2011, 10:54 PM
 
Originally Posted by Athens View Post
The Nashville crowed is a great crowed. I gotta hand it to the team, I never really watched them before and with that goalie of there's I think they have a good future. Nashville did well, all the respect for them and hope they make it next year to at least the 3rd round


Now, on to round three, in which the Sedins DO need to play better.
     
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Great White North
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2011, 11:08 PM
 
One thing I noticed in both the Chicago games and Nashville games (have not watched any of the others) is that the top top players are all failing and its the second line guys doing most of the goals. I just think its so much more competitive and the goalies are working so much harder that top players are just not getting good shots and good chances through. So many more bodies in the way. The Sedins have made great plays and have had lots of chances but a lot of the shoots, ALOT are being blocked by bodies in front of the net and of course some dam good goalies. A lot of the goals in the 2 series have been fluke goals, especially in the Nashville round. or big mistakes like turn overs.

So to my predictions

Vancouver 4 - Nashville 2 (Was Dead On)
Detroit 4 - San Jose 3 (On Going but still has a shoot at being right)
Tampa 4 - Washington 0 (Was Dead On)
Boston 3 - Philadelphia 4 (Was way off)
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(
     
ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your Anus
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 10, 2011, 07:59 AM
 
Originally Posted by Athens View Post
Blah blah blah blah, there is a lot more to a game then just scoring. Perhaps you should try watching a game.
Like purposely losing to get more home game revenue.


Originally Posted by Athens View Post
The Nashville crowed is a great crowed.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,