Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight (Page 7)
wallinbl
Professional Poster
Aug 23, 2008, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
I kinda liked Titanic, but it was epic in quite a different way, and frankly it was a "chick flick" with some decent action (oh, and nudity!) to draw a few guys in. But it drew a LOT of people, so many folks figured it was pretty darn good.
It was way, way too long. And, it got the editing Oscar. Huh? Looks like they didn't edit out a single scene! (I know editing means something else, but it's still fun to say).

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2008, 04:29 PM

Okay, I saw it last night... my verdict:

Plus: Good movie, (some) good actors, interesting development, good sets, good action
Minus: Last third unnecessarily crowded (huge jump from Batman Begins), introduction of Two-Face totally unnecessarily (Part 3, hello?), techno babble bla of monitor wall, useless and unbelievable roles of Batman Begins thugs

Overall: Okay movie. NOT in the top ten, maybe not even in the top 250 (to use IMDB quantification). And the kid that told here about "ZOMGniggabestestthing3v4rrrr": Grow up. In one or two decades (supposed you will catch up with the movie legacy and future classics) you will feel really stupid.

PB.
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jul 29, 2012, 02:14 AM

Not putting this in the TDKR thread because i haven't seen it yet and this is related to Heath Ledger's Joker in The Dark Knight.

Why So Serious?... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCSc6E4yG9s&feature=share

Ledger said that Tom Waits was an inspiration for his Joker, this interview is from 1979 and the similarity in the voice is spooky. The interviewer is a cock though .

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Forum Links
Forum Rules