Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Borderlands 2

Borderlands 2 (Page 4)
sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 22, 2012, 10:38 AM

<SNIPING>
5pts Headshot (+20% crit)
5pts Killer (after kill 50% crit, 75% reload)
5pts Velocity (bullet speed 100%, 15% crit, gun dmg 10%)
4pts Kill Confirmed (aiming down sights increases crit with time, 32%)

<BLOODSHED>
5pts Killing Blow (enemies low on health take 500% melee dmg)
5pts Iron Hand (melee 15%, health 15%)
8pts Backstab (64% melee dmg in the back, 3 extra points from Ninja Class Mod)
1pt Execute (dash attack while in deception, deals massive damage)

First off, I actually enjoy the melee system I've got going on. The dash attack is tremendously satisfying, and if the enemy is low on health and I get a backstab I can deal simply absurd amounts of damage. The highest number I've ever seen was north of 300k damage in one strike. However, like Dakar, in PT2 I'm finding my weapons are getting more and more useless as my melee becomes my best weapon. This sucks against enemies with an AoE attack as I have to get close to do the most damage and my shields, as high as they are, have been no match for these new enemies.

In both 'branches' I am looking forward to the last skill which is Critical Ascension (sniper crits stack up to 999 and deal more and more damage with each crit) and Many Must Fall (killing an enemy in deception re-stealths me and adds time to the counter, can be done multiple times in succession). Besides one or two skills, the cunning tree is nigh useless for me ATM. At first I had dumped some points that way, but after several re-specs I've whittled my points down to things I actually use.

I can only hope we can level the Siren sufficiently soon, because her added abilities round out our trio quite nicely.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 22, 2012, 10:45 AM

I'm thinking if we do a couple runs on PT1 Warrior that might go a long way. You guys should be able to wipe him up a little easier (Comparatively our last run I think was 36/35/35) and hopefully I'll get some weapons for the near future (Most dangerous aspect of power-leveling – lack of equipment)

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 22, 2012, 11:05 AM

Well I guess our next focus should be joining your game and flying through the story as fast as possible then?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 22, 2012, 11:07 AM

Not really, because I can do that on my own, overleveled. (And I did a little Sun). I just need raw XP to get me to around 32.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 22, 2012, 11:45 AM

I could be a dick head like that dude in the public lobby last night and join and walk away from the xbox.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2012, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
No idea where to put 3 of the last 4 skill points. Can you tell if Accuracy actually makes a difference?
It makes a huge difference with flying enemies like Buzzards.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2012, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
It makes a huge difference with flying enemies like Buzzards.
OK thats good to know.

If you guys do the circle of slaughter, you may have the opportunity to find out who your true gaming buddies are. Round 5, I get $1,000,000 nicked from me by one of those rats things. It gets killed and a so called clan-mate picks it up. Mo fo won't give it back. Dunno how many times I revived him.

And speaking of money, if you want to get rich quick, just goto Caustic Caverns and shoot a few of those crystalisk jobbies.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 22, 2012, 02:17 PM

Money that is picked up is shared by all, like eridium and ammo. Not sure how it works with stolen money.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2012, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Money that is picked up is shared by all, like eridium and ammo. Not sure how it works with stolen money.
We were four. Only one got the million. We were wondering why as well.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 23, 2012, 05:59 AM

We were four. Only one got the million. We were wondering why as well.
Then my best answer is "poor gaming design." People have already noted that as a loot game that is dependent on more players to improve quality, making the process of attaining such loot "smash and grab" is counterproductive, to put it mildly.

Can you even trade money?

---

So, I think there's a possibility they patched something that I was unknowingly exploiting, even though it was in BL1. Last night I joined crosbie in Lynchwood and we did a run through an area fatty and I farmed several times, but the treasure chests were already looted from a previous night. Please god, don't do this. PT2 will be that much harder.

That said, the drops were pretty damn good last night. Dukino's Mom dropped two purples and I got one or two fair pieces of equipment. I think we have to take a good look at TVHM and find those bosses who will be worth farming to try and improve our equipment before moving on in the main storyline.

---

I'm starting to close in on end game strength. I was holding my own in Lynchwood last night. I have an awesome SMG and Dukino's mom dropped an awesome purple to replace it.

The patch returned the health improvement/penalty to the shield displays.

FOund out a skin I want requires 200 kills with tediore reloads. I may have to farm this on lower levels. Gay.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2012, 07:11 AM

Then my best answer is "poor gaming design." People have already noted that as a loot game that is dependent on more players to improve quality, making the process of attaining such loot "smash and grab" is counterproductive, to put it mildly.
Can you even trade money?
Yes you can. He insulted me by offering 10 bucks instead of the full million.

Not sure how this stolen money situation could be done 'fairly' to be honest. It was stolen from me so I shouldn't really get the money back. But then we killed the thief so we should get something from it. But then everyone getting a million does seem a bit unfair. If I can be arsed, I'll cruise the forums to see what other victims think.

So, I think there's a possibility they patched something that I was unknowingly exploiting, even though it was in BL1. Last night I joined crosbie in Lynchwood and we did a run through an area fatty and I farmed several times, but the treasure chests were already looted from a previous night. Please god, don't do this. PT2 will be that much harder.
That said, the drops were pretty damn good last night. Dukino's Mom dropped two purples and I got one or two fair pieces of equipment. I think we have to take a good look at TVHM and find those bosses who will be worth farming to try and improve our equipment before moving on in the main storyline.
The variables for this must be very complex. For example just outside of Sanctuary (before it floats) you can always fight the baddies and always collect stuff. Yet, like you said, if you have done certain areas, the boxes are left open and you're SOL. I've done the main bosses several times and I can see no fixed correlation between the boss and the value of the weapon that you find. I have not found many Legendary weapons.

I'm starting to close in on end game strength. I was holding my own in Lynchwood last night. I have an awesome SMG and Dukino's mom dropped an awesome purple to replace it.
The patch returned the health improvement/penalty to the shield displays.
FOund out a skin I want requires 200 kills with tediore reloads. I may have to farm this on lower levels. Gay.
Are you swapping between std and TVHM a lot? What in particular makes it worth it if you do?

====

I have a sniper that does 5000 x 3 dmg.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 23, 2012, 08:02 AM

Yes you can. He insulted me by offering 10 bucks instead of the full million.
Well, then.

I don't know whether to laugh and cry about finding out "who your real friend are" about $1,000,000 fakebucks.

Not sure how this stolen money situation could be done 'fairly' to be honest. It was stolen from me so I shouldn't really get the money back. But then we killed the thief so we should get something from it. But then everyone getting a million does seem a bit unfair. If I can be arsed, I'll cruise the forums to see what other victims think.
I feel like in other games it would automatically be returned to the owner. This type of dickery makes me see people letting other people bleed out so they can loot a chest first.

Out of curiosity, is 1 mil much at you level? I think my 39 zero is at 330,000, and honestly, did you have plans for it?

Are you swapping between std and TVHM a lot? What in particular makes it worth it if you do?
I'm trying to get my Siren up to a usable level to rejoin sek.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2012, 10:46 AM

Out of curiosity, is 1 mil much at you level? I think my 39 zero is at 330,000, and honestly, did you have plans for it?
I'm trying to get my Siren up to a usable level to rejoin sek.
I was lvl 46 when I had the approx 1.7 million. You don't need 1 million, but 3 rockets cost over 5 grand, so if you do need to buy ammo, you need a bit of a bankroll. Decent weapons are in the 40 grand region.

And of course, when you die, and I did, seeing that it cost over 100k to respawn does hurt a bit.

=========

Level 47 now, about half way through. Badass 5400.

Pistol, lvl 43, 4300 dmg, 16.7 fire rate. Bit more powerful than the last pistol I was using and equally fun. Rock steady when aiming.

Shotgun, lvl 43, 2100x10 dmg same as all the other shotties really

Assault rifle, lvl 43, Slag, 2600 dmg, +150% crit hit - only just got this, not yet used.
Assault rifle, lvl 43, 3200x3 dmg. Gatling jobbie

SMG, lvl 45, 1600 dmg, grenade reloading thing

Snipers
lvl 45, 5200x5 dmg, -66% Weapon damage, +180% crit damage Tumtum Skullmasher, golden jobbie. Worth $164k Fire rate is 2.6 so I don't get to use it as much as the spamming sniper mentioned previously.
lvl 38, 3500 dmg, Slag, 70% chance to slag. Very useful when I'm paired up with my mate (who is usually 1 to 1.5 levels above me)
lvl 42, 7500 dmg, 95% accuracy, but very slow.
lvl 43, 5200 dmg, corrosive. 30% chance to corrode and 1500 dmg dmg/sec. Good fire rate and good mag size (3.8 and 12).
lvl 42, 4800 dmg, fire. 30% chance to ignite and 1300 dmg/sec. Hardly ever use it tbh.

Rocket Launcher; 45K, slag. VERY useful for those big bad motha so-and-sos.

Shield 15000. Corrode spike dmg (12000) to melee attackers.

Grenade 27000 slag singularity

An 'Override Cooldown rate' +22% relic and a +29% cooldown rate class mod.

$500k after last nights 5 rounder and theft. 99 Eridium that I can't spend.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 24, 2012, 06:11 AM

sek was giving me shit for picking zero to start last night, but I think the irony of the situation is I went with zero because I used the siren in BL1 and hated it, only to end up with an action skill that was near identical.

In fact, with a little rejiggering I think the current action skills of the siren and assassin would make much more sense if they were reversed – should the sniper have the skill that works to hold enemies at bay and revive without leaving cover? Didn't the last siren have a tree that focused heavily on melee combat?

I mean, isn't zero's deception ability more similar to lillith's phasewalk than maya's phaselock is?

Either way, loss of massive crits aside, I'm enjoying the siren far more, unsurprisingly.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2012, 07:09 AM

I only gave you shit because it's becoming readily apparent that Maya rounds out our group so much more then two Zeros ever did.

My Zero is set up for dealing massive bits of damage here and there, Crosbie and his wonderful turret keep us from drowning in a sea of enemies, and Maya is the middle linebacker that stops an advancing badass dead in its tracks.

I enjoy my character, but I never said it's more useful than other characters. Playing as Zero alone is awful.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 24, 2012, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I only gave you shit because it's becoming readily apparent that Maya rounds out our group so much more then two Zeros ever did.
Well, I'm pretty sure we picked out characters because we thought they'd be fun, not for the group. I mean, why didn't you pick Maya or Axton? (For the latter, I wanted to try something new)

It's unfortunate that with Gimpy Stubbs, there was only three viable characters to choose from, and having played two previous counterparts in the past installment, Zero was the the only logical choice left for me.

My Zero is set up for dealing massive bits of damage here and there, Crosbie and his wonderful turret keep us from drowning in a sea of enemies, and Maya is the middle linebacker that stops an advancing badass dead in its tracks.
I hope you realize that this will not be as good once I reach near parity – part of the reason I have so much command of the battlefield is because I'm hanging back, not participating. Once I'm in the thick of things with my ass on the line we're going to start running into those problems again.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2012, 07:56 AM

I like playing with a Zero and a Maya, but I wouldn't swap my turret for anything. I've done most of BL2 with a mate that had the Gunzerker and he hated it. As an aside he used a save and modified it to be Axton. When we played the 5 rounder, we had a Maya, a Zero and 2 Axtons. I'd love to find out what its like with the Mechromancer(?) both playing as and playing with (oh er misses).

When its only me and him, we still own the battlefield : 3 turrets and a nuke.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2012, 01:54 PM

Level 49. Even on level 45 missions, everything is fookin hard to kill.

Going to try Terramorphous when we're both at 50.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 25, 2012, 06:21 AM

Level 49. Even on level 45 missions, everything is fookin hard to kill.
This is why I hate the concept of automatically being put in PT2.5 after beating the game a second time. I have no desire to slog through Level 50 enemies with XP to show for it, nor any ability to overlevel, while cleaning up side missions.

---

Beat PT1 again last night. Got some good loot, including a relic with four types of resist – the fourth being "non-elemental" which I think is bullets/melee. sek got double jack heads for his assassin and mechromancer.

My equipment is looking okay so far, and I did well in avoiding a lot of side-missions so I now get to clean-up and see how well those scale to my level.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 25, 2012, 10:59 AM

This is why I hate the concept of automatically being put in PT2.5 after beating the game a second time. I have no desire to slog through Level 50 enemies with XP to show for it, nor any ability to overlevel, while cleaning up side missions.
So you can't choose between TVHM and 'normal' once you've done the 2 PTs? I'd better do the pirate DLC before beating the Warrior again.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 25, 2012, 12:38 PM

So I signed on just to take a look at some weapon machines and then decided to tip Moxxi until she relinquished a weapon.

Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch (SMG)

1146dmg / 93%acc / 1269 Corrode per sec / 32 clip size

Yowza, looks like I've found a new smg.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 25, 2012, 12:42 PM

So I signed on just to take a look at some weapon machines and then decided to tip Moxxi until she relinquished a weapon.

Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch (SMG)

1146dmg / 93%acc / 1269 Corrode per sec / 32 clip size

Yowza, looks like I've found a new smg.
Funny, I was thinking I was going to do that tonight to replace the SMG you lent me, because I hadn't done it on this character.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 25, 2012, 12:49 PM

I've also got the place to myself tonight, so I expect to be gaming out quite a bit.

Edit: Went over to Zeds and bought an 80k dollar class mod...

(Blue) Lethal Ninja
Melee dmg +40%
+5 KIlling Blow (now 1000% dmg against enemies with low health)
+4 Backstab (now 72% melee dmg from behind)

Previous mod was 36% overall melee and only 2 points to backstab.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 25, 2012, 12:56 PM

I've also got the place to myself tonight, so I expect to be gaming out quite a bit.
Heh, movie night for me. I'll be home around 9.

What's the plan for the next session? I hope to knock-out a lot of side stuff in PT1 this weekend (where I won't need help). Continue the PT2 storyline? Will you be avoiding blue sidequests til later on?

Edit: So what counts as low enemy health? Sounds devastating either way.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 25, 2012, 01:03 PM

I'll probably just wait to play anything Borderlands related until you sign on, at that point we can do whatever.

Not sure about what exactly constitutes low health, but I've had good luck with what I imagine is around 1/4 on the health bar. So far my biggest hit is over 400k dmg, I imagine I'm going to break that record pretty easily.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 26, 2012, 06:29 AM

Feeling good about the siren. Phaselocking enemies just to get the health. Caustic Caverns was a good challenge last night.

Moxie ended up giving me a smokin' SMG. Got a relic with non-elemental resist, and a Rocket Launder that does over 20k damage at my low level. Feelin' good.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 26, 2012, 07:12 AM

Hit level 50 last night. I now have some stupidly powerful weapons for stupidly powerful enemies. 300K critical on a Gravedigger and it knocked out half his shield. Used my last key on the chest in Sanctuary and it was such a let-down. I had better weapons already.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 26, 2012, 03:22 PM

3rd time I've done the Warrior, still no Critical Conference Call shotgun.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2012, 04:56 AM

Got a legendary pistol from the one-armed bandits in Moxxi's : murduerer's gub : 11949 dmg, 3606 corrosive dmg/sec worth $123K

Also got loads of shite weapons but the odd good one. Another pistol : Ornery Iron, 13K dmg, a sniper : Zammechat Bratchny, slag 10K dmg

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 29, 2012, 06:22 AM

Big weekend. After doing some TVHM with sek and crosbie Thursday night, I was left mid-34. Friday night I did mostly side missions and DLC, getting me to around 36. Saturday I finished the DLC and did challenges, getting me to 37 and getting a ton of badass rank in the process.

I also think I stumbled upon a weird strategy. I'm going to use my Zero character to play online pubs, where hopefully I'll progress the storyline faster than on here, giving us a place to shop closer to out level. Because not only is getting good weapons a problem, getting them properly outfitted for our characters overlevel is even harder.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 29, 2012, 11:12 AM

Forgot to mention, I seem to have reached a level where my phaselock now jerks enemies into the center with quite a bit of force.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2012, 11:43 AM

Since finishing the 2nd PT, it has been no fun at all. Everything is level 49 or 50 and very very tough. Even on missions that are level 40. Its just too difficult.

You can start a mission and go slowly through the enemies, but then you find that you aren't even half way to the target and you have no more ammo. Disappointing.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 29, 2012, 11:51 AM

PT2.5 should really be optional. I know sek and I slogged through and area and a half last night overleveled and were pretty spent.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 30, 2012, 07:03 AM

Initially, my plan seems to be working. I logged online with Zero last night and after coming to terms with everyone looting as fast as possible I hoofed it to a chest and was rewarded with a magenta sniper. This thing is awesome. Chrome Vladof with a AR drum, the thing is more of a AR?sniper hybrid. Full auto, double-fires per trigger pull, unfortunately only has a mag of 10. Does shock damage and the kicker – all its shots ricochet, even successful hits. Thing is awesome, and I'll keep it long after it's useful just cos. Does 5000 damage, which I didn't think was a lot (Mostly because its impossible to one headshot kill anyone in PT2, even overleveled), but apparently is better than anything fatty has.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 30, 2012, 07:12 AM

Heh, looks like that idea is on hiatus: http://arstechnica.com/security/2012...botage-attack/

A bug in the popular Borderlands 2 video game is causing grief for some Xbox 360 players after attackers unleashed a virally spreading exploit that can permanently kill off characters.]A bug in the popular Borderlands 2 video game is causing grief for some Xbox 360 players after attackers unleashed a virally spreading exploit that can permanently kill off characters.
"In a nutshell, once your character is in 'badass' mode, playing [with] other people will force their characters into this mode too," the writer of one follow-up post claimed. "Hence the 'virus' explanation—as with a cold or the flu in real life, you can spread it to other people before noticing the symptoms, and without any evil intent. They in turn can spread it on to others."

According to users in the forum, once the hidden mode is turned on Borderlands 2, characters are deleted when they die during play.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 30, 2012, 07:45 AM

So this is pretty much my sniper's appearance, only I don't have a blade.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 30, 2012, 06:11 PM

Signed on and traveled to Lynchwood, all enemies are 42-43...

Yikes

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2012, 09:17 AM

I still had fun. The next run should go easier now that I've unlocked the second turret.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 31, 2012, 09:22 AM

I'm not surprised, they were in the high 20s in PT1.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 31, 2012, 11:31 AM

sek, redeem this for me.

WJC3T-SS6S5-X9FTF-WRTB3-BT39H

The zero code is not out yet.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 1, 2012, 06:15 AM

I don't think I've ever called for a SP or AI game to be rebalanced but this game is it. Regular, evenly matched enemies remove your shields in 1-3 shots. Boss' drop you by sneezing.

I'm also getting irritated with the weapon drops. I grinded my way through Lynchwood last night and I'm getting weapons I'm not high enough to equip yet that are at best comparable to what I'm using, which are mostly 4 levels lower, maybe more.

Next, I'm noticing more that weapons are consuming more than 1 ammo per shot, but not specifying it. My awesome sniper seems to be using 4, and if I don't feather my second shot, I get two shots per mag, with a mag size of 10. I got a pretty strong (but inaccurate) shotty out of a slot machine last night, with a huge mag of 15, but when I tested it at Marcus' the damn thing was using 4 ammo per shot, even though it doesn't specify jack.

I'm kind of getting frustrated with the game. All I find is machines filled with worse-than-mediocre white weapons and the best greens I get out of slots usually have some fatal flaw that makes them either inferior to my current stuff or unusable. Overleveled in PT1 I was still finding stuff to replace my current stock all the way up to level 35.

Shields are for show, or as a warning system to hide. Loot chests give whites far too often. Enemies are far more resistant to weapon elements.

I'm not giving up, but I feel like I'm going to be really hating those last 5 levels and going AWOL as soon as PT2.5 sets in.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 2, 2012, 06:28 AM

Last night, an enemy in PT2 dropped a level 30 weapon. I pointed out this was akin to an enemy in PT1 dropping a level negative two weapon. Terrible loot system.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 5, 2012, 06:43 AM

Big weekend. Notes:

• Doing my Zero PT, solo, getting great chests. Crosbie drops in and we start doing some questage in the Highlands, getting still great chests. Get to chest under the Hyperion Bridge, open sesame and there are two sniper rifles – an E-tech corrosive that does 8200 dmg, and Jakobs vanilla that does 7500. Booya.

• Visit the Hoducks, get a mission from creepy Jimbo. Jump in the Bandit technical, floor it and jump back into the main portion of the Dust – notice that Jimbo was stuck in the grille as slides off the truck as we were airborne.

• Goliaths (Juggernauts) seem much more difficult to de-helmet. Which I suppose, follows as it would ease the game some to have them tearing all the enemies up. Still, getting cock-blocked on good strategy by gearbox just to artificially inflate the difficulty.

• I mentioned in PT1 that electric was the most worthless of elements. So much for that. The vast majority of people in PT2 are either shielded or armored, making electric invaluable. Fatty and I had a nice one-two punch going where I was peeling off shields with my E-tech electric and he was finishing them off.

• On zero again, last night. Sick os sides, so I jumped into the the DLC I had started. Did 1 main mission, through Hayter's Folly, just full of 44-47s with my 45-46 character. Held my own incredibly well turtling.

• Half-way through I run into machines. Check out the inventory and write-off the item of the day but do a double-take when I notice red text. Red text on an item? Turns out the item of the day was an ORANGE. Immediately buy. (Grenade mod)

• Continued on, finding an insane amount of chests. So much so that between them, badass loot and boss loot, I ended up making 5 trips to machines to sell all the dregs. HIlariously, I didn't die once going through the level, however as I rushed back the machines, the enemies had respawned unexpectedly, killing me.

• One of the bosses also dropped a blue with red text. A RL that did 200k damage (my current best is 85k). Mag only holds one, however.

• Picked up several good and diverse shields. Coming to appreciate gearbox's innovation with shields. Nothing ****s over a rakk better than a spike shield.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 5, 2012, 07:02 AM

Here are pics of the two notables. The damage stats are not representative of mine, as I pulled it from the wiki.

Fires arcing cannonballs that bounce once before exploding. Unusually high damage. Rockets bounce, leaving behind a secondary explosive.

Increased damage and travel speed, and decreased fuse time, at the cost of greatly decreased radius. hrown like a baseball at high speed. Will ricochet off hard surfaces. Explodes on impact with enemy but has a small detonation radius. Best used on single target rather than crowds.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 5, 2012, 11:02 AM

Oh yeah, I also found a blue pistol. 9 times out of 10 that would be that special, but I haven't used one like this baby before. Full-auto Vladof (now officially my favorite manufacturer).

Similar to this:

But since it's blue, Grey-black gunmetal marked with a red hammer and sickle logo. Does about 5000 dmg, fire rate around 8+ and mag of 27. It has a lot of potential to be a little bastard (Can't use it on my siren yet as it's lvl 46). It's more fun to use that my Jakobs revolver, that's for sure, and I have one that packs a good punch at 4200.

Edit: I stupidly sold-ff my fire bandit pistol with 100+ clip because I wasn't using it, forgetting the thing was awesome as **** regardless.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 5, 2012, 01:16 PM

I'll just keep talking by myself here. Guess you scrubs got shit weapons.

Pic likely representative of the bandit gun I sold:

I also forgot to mention, we did a Caustic Caverns run. I swear I don't recall picking up a weapon, let alone a blue, let alone the blue, but I found it in my inventory a while later (much to my surprise):

The thing is pretty awesome. It fires a 3 x 3 visible grid that slowly fans out, which takes some getting used to. I find it ignites fairly regularly and that fire is devastating once shields are down. The tediore part is still annoying, but a tolerable trade-off considering its the first shotty I've enjoyed this game.

Edit: Oh and we encountered a Chubby.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2012, 02:14 PM

What's the plan for tonight? We going to continue the story on P2 or do more farming?

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2012, 02:18 PM

Here are pics of the two notables. The damage stats are not representative of mine, as I pulled it from the wiki.

Increased damage and travel speed, and decreased fuse time, at the cost of greatly decreased radius. hrown like a baseball at high speed. Will ricochet off hard surfaces. Explodes on impact with enemy but has a small detonation radius. Best used on single target rather than crowds.
BTW, awesome "Major League" reference in the red text.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 5, 2012, 04:10 PM

Found a sniper that does slag, 9200 damage.

Someone on NeoGAF mentioned the loot picks up near the end. They weren't kidding.

I have a plan to maximize our potential. Hope we're all on tonight.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 5, 2012, 05:12 PM

So I just killed Madame Von Bartlesby and she ****ing dropped this orange (only level 36 and 1100 damage).

I should go play the lottery because this is getting all kinds of ridiculous.

Forum Links
Forum Rules