Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > ixmicro card drivers

ixmicro card drivers
Serotonin
May 22, 2000, 06:33 PM

I was recently handed an ixmicro twin turbo 128 card (at least I believe thats what it is, ASP reports it as ims tt 128mb8.) It seems to work in my new G4 running 9.04, but I clearly don't have graphics acceleration working on this card. I tried dropping in the Apple ixmicro accelerator extensions from another install of 9.04 for the OEM card apple has, but they weren't doing anything. So, question is, where can I find any sort of ixmicro drivers now that they are defunct... and they don't even have a website anymore? I suppose the users are left to fend for themselves?

grov-berg
May 23, 2000, 10:09 AM

a search on version tracker (http://www.versiontracker.com) will lead you to some guy who has decided to post ixmicro drivers out of the goodness of his heart. I had the same problem.

stevpla
May 23, 2000, 11:57 AM

I have a bunch of the installers as well as the special extension used in 9600s. The last version put out was 4.06 and the installer is only 696K in size so if you want me to email it to you I can. I'm at [email protected]. I also have the installers for versions 4.02 and 4.05.

jaisun
Forum Regular
May 23, 2000, 02:16 PM

You can also try macsales.com (OWC). I was able to d/l the drivers for the 4Mb version for my wife's computer. Hope that helps.
- Design: QS G4 933 / GF4MX / R7k / 1GB / 160GB RAID / 60GB boot / Jaguar

- Games: Abit KD7-RAID / XP 2200+ / Ti4200 / 512MB GeIL PC3200 / 40GB / XP pro

Serotonin
May 24, 2000, 10:30 PM

Thanks everyone... I went to the page linked to at versiontracker.com, downloaded the latest tt driver and its working fine in OS 9. Thanks for all the personal offers too, the mac community is the house, yo!

cousinchang
Oct 25, 2000, 09:00 PM

I just a bought a used ixmicro graphics card and after installing the overall colour is a greenish hue. Any suggestions as to why this may be happening? Should I update the drivers?

Serotonin
Oct 25, 2000, 10:55 PM

If its greenish blue, sounds like you are missing the red component. I'll bet if you just wiggle the end of the cable it will come back, or try with another monitor to see if you see it there too. Its most likely not a problem with the monitor, but if the color is just a little bit off, try calibrating the color in the monitor control panel.

KWilson
Nov 14, 2000, 05:01 PM

Look through the options in the ixMicro Control Panel. You should find a check box that specifically turns off the green tint. (It's an option that was included for compatibility with certain types of monitor connections.)

Originally posted by cousinchang:
I just a bought a used ixmicro graphics card and after installing the overall colour is a greenish hue. Any suggestions as to why this may be happening? Should I update the drivers?

Eberhard
Nov 22, 2000, 03:49 PM

Regarding the Ixmicro card
I bought a OEM card for about 50 dollar two years ago to speed up a 7200/90 and I never got the card to work. In fact it was substantially slower than the 7200 itself more on par with a 6100! I then returned the card and I do not recall where I got the drivers from or what I used but any ideas what I did wrong?
They are on sale so I am thinking about having a second go at it!

TIA

Necromancer
Mar 24, 2001, 05:28 AM

I have a PowerTower Pro with the ixMicro TwinTurbo 128 8meg video card, and OpenGL doesn't seem to work with it (just doesn't load, as though maybe the card isn't there).. can anyone tell me if there's any way I can fix this (other than buying a different graphics card)? There's a lot of software I can't use because of this, and I've been looking for a solution for quite a while.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Andrew

tonton
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 26, 2001, 06:36 AM

Twin Turbo does not support any 3D acceleration, including Open GL.
��n+�N

Got Vurt? Jeff Noon

Forum Links
Forum Rules