Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > modem crashing

modem crashing
sugarkane
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2004, 03:05 AM

i sometime have my modem hangup and crash that requires the computer to be reset too fix!!!
it happens when service provider disconnects me or something happens too the phone line the modem gets stuck in dissconted mode and can only be fixed by restarting the unit!!!

sk:

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2004, 03:08 AM

This is an ongoing issue. Some here have suggested an AppleScript you can find on VersionTracker called "End Hanging Disconnect." The l'il script has NEVER worked for me, however, although some swear by it.

I've had this problem on my 15" G4 iMac and 12" PowerBook since Jaguar. It used to happen twice a day... Now under Panther it only happens twice a week. Still annoying to no end to have to reboot, but that's the ONLY thing I've found that works every time.

If someone has yet another solution, I'm listening, too!
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

Forum Links
Forum Rules