Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Magic mouse and new keyboard transformed..

Magic mouse and new keyboard transformed..
wetstuff
Forum Regular
Oct 30, 2009, 12:54 PM

.. my 2 Ghz dual-core. I don't know how old this iMac is, but I bought this Aluminum keyboard off Ebay .. and just got the new Mouse yesterday. Damn!

I still have a Classic II behind me, two other (older) iMacs and a MacPro lapper .. but I'm startled how well this new hardware works. I don't have a clue whether Gates' people have done anything like this, but I am sure proud that when our boys take the field ..they come to play.

Jim

wetstuff  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 4, 2009, 06:35 PM

I gather there are aluminum keyboards that are wireless and do not have the numeric pad on the end. This one is wired does have the pad... and I love it.

Oddly, I dnld the patch for Magic Mouse onto my PB Pro .. and it says it needs some other OS software to work?! I have to look into it when I get some time... Cheers.

Jim

EndlessMac
Senior User
Nov 4, 2009, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by wetstuff View Post
I gather there are aluminum keyboards that are wireless and do not have the numeric pad on the end. This one is wired does have the pad... and I love it.
The mini keyboard is both wired and wireless. I recently bought the mini wired keyboard for my desktop and actually prefer it more than my unibody MBP. They are supposed to be the same keyboards but my external keyboard feels better.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2009, 01:10 PM

Did your new mouse make your system snappier?

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

wetstuff  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 13, 2009, 01:52 PM

Erai... Not exactly?! It does not collect dirt like the other mouse (one with the little ball that works 1/2 the time..) The parallel rails at the bottom of this new one collect schmutz but it does not seem to hinder the tracking like the other. I sure as hell love the scroll! It's 100% better than that little ball. It's worth the $$ for that alone. Cheers.

Jim

Forum Links
Forum Rules